Every thing looks different. No offence but get some lighter colors your forum looks like a cave. The back ground image doesn't help.
I don't know about the rest of you but i'm more happy with a less cool looking ,simpler page which I can find what I need then get back on the water
Normally text doesn't bother me, but this font is too darn tiny. I have 20/20 vision and it's hurting my eyes. I don't see anywhere to change the font size, which would be a godsend. Other than that, I'll wait and see what sort of developments roll out in the next few months.
Awaiting the Revelation...
"What, you know about that, too!?"
People without knowledge of BB-Code have no chance to use this functions otherwise.
Just zooming with the browser is not enough.
Official german Anno- and Settlers- Moderator
~ Deutsches Siedler Forum ~
You really need to sort out the listing. It's shown alphabetically, which by itself completely messes up the page. It doesn't show the latest posts at the top; it just takes all the threads from the last year and lines 'em up alphabetically. Then I found the option to change how they are listed, which was a sigh of relief, until I realised when you navigate from the page then go back it's defaulted to the alphabetical rubbish. All you need to do is make it so you can choose a layout, which is then saved to your account unless you change it. Then I'd be fine with it, but currently posting is such a hassle I can't get around to it. Please fix it.
Also, my signature seems to be messed up. Could someone explain?
"Inbox contains 50 messages. You have 2,115 messages stored, of a total 100 allowed."
Please bring back Private Threads with multiple users. They were the life blood of many communities here.
EDIT: It seems we can start private threads but only once we're in a group. Is there an option to make a thread private so only member of that group can read it.
This seems to be the only place to post feedback about the vB4 upgrade.
- The forum refuses to log me in automatically, I always have to click on 'Log In' whenever I visit.
- No matter what setting I choose in my control panel (basic, standard or advanced) the forum won't give me a proper reply window when I click on 'Reply to thread'. It always takes me to the Quick Reply box at the bottom a thread's page. I then have to click on 'Go Advanced' to get the 'proper' reply window I want. On other vB4 forums I go to, having the 'Standard' option set ensures this happens automatically.
- Thread display settings on forum indexes aren't being remembered. I click on 'Last Post' twice to get the board to order threads chronologically by their last posts, but the forum never remembers the setting. Each time I come back I have to keep clicking on 'Last Post' again.
- The forum seems to be subscribing to every thread I post in, they keep turning up in my 'Subscribed Threads' list. I've realised this is because you have the 'Subscribe to this thread' option set on as default but, as it stands, I have to un-check that box every time I make a post.
- The default font size is too small, I have to enlarge the board in Opera in order to read posts now.
- The grey gradient used in the background of people's posts doesn't aid the font size problem, the lighter tone of grey at the top of a post makes text look weird.
Apart from those few things, it's a good change from that horrible board you were using before (whatever it was).
It is going to take me a while to get used to the new style but...
The default text is too small that makes it painful to read. You should do something about it.