Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else find beer really drinkable, especially on Fridays? | Forums

Maybe I'm just weird (I'm technically a moderator here after all) but does anyone else find that beer on a Friday night goes down amazingly well?

Now I like my beer, and I am pretty discerning, but I suspect that on a Friday night, it honestly doesn't matter what beer it is, it WILL go down smoothly.

What are your thoughts, gentlemen?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Maybe I'm just weird (I'm technically a moderator here after all) but does anyone else find that beer on a Friday night goes down amazingly well?

Now I like my beer, and I am pretty discerning, but I suspect that on a Friday night, it honestly doesn't matter what beer it is, it WILL go down smoothly.

What are your thoughts, gentlemen?

Yes.

Usually pretty discerning though. Well at least any half decent canned or bottled will do though I have tasted some pretty rank on tap beer. One of the best in my town is actually a foreign beer, Staropromen, which I found in a nice little place run by a Czech couple.

Cheers on a sunny Friday afternoon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">beer really drinkable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beats trying to eat it, or beer enemas.....

B

Yes, an amazing phenomenon, shared universally by men all over the world. That first beer after work on Fiday is sooooooooo goooood!!

So what do you suggest there joeap?

for myself I was big time into the Belgian Trappist and Abbey Ales (especially Rochefort6 and 8)but now I'm back to lagers and other lower gravity beers. I think all the flavour overloaded my tongue. That and the price.
    Also, 10% alc/vol messes with a person after a while and having just one bottle seems kind of a shame.

Currently I'm drinking Sapporo breweries' Ebisu Original (in the gold can, not the green or red one for anyone who happens to be in Japan).
    It actually has some flavour and body for a Japanese beer but is cheaper than the imported beers I can buy over here.

If price and the need to be not hungover tomorrow while playing with my toddler daughter all weekend as well as studying linguistics weren't issues, I'd be going for Budovar; Hoegaarden Blond and Verboten Fruchte; Fuller's ESB; and a mix of Chimay Blue; Sam Adams; Tsing Tao; Aventinus; Leffe Blonde; Delirium Tremens.

of course I would be dead if I had all of the above but you get the picture.

And you Breeze? What's your pick?
    Personally, today I'm finding the fifth every bit as good as the first!! Worrying!Don't know why but today seems to be beer day. Thank god tomorrow is Saturday!

For me, every day is a friday

Proudly Flying on Hyperlobby as _AH_Prop http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php

Without a daily intake of liquid bread I would fade away

Cashflow permitting, I like 'Greene King Abbot Ale', 'Flowers Original' and 'Badger Breweries Tanglefoot'

Though I often just resort to a crate of Grolsch, like tonight, because there's rugby on and my consumption trebles
    ==============

You looking at me?

Beer, Beck's Dark specifically only goes down easy for me on days of the week that end in "y".

K2

-

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast