Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOK HOW DANG TALENTED WE ARE! (The FD Community Talent Thread) | Forums

I didn't really feel this would have been appropriate in the art thread, since I threw these together in all of five minutes, and spent another 10 or so tweaking them. They mainly stemmed from <STRIKE>me being bored while I was supposed to be teaching the eager young minds of tomorrow</STRIKE> a couple projects I had my different classes working on. Basically I started these as examples, and since the people in my classes this quarter are all fairly independent, they ended up not needing examples. So I just stopped here.

Edit: Hopefully removed Photobucket's ******ed "RESIZE IMAGE, LOL?" crap.

Edit^2: I know there are issues with both renders, and I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is the gamma and brightness. I have never truly calibrated my monitors, and it always seems like **** comes out overly dark. Let me know if that's the case, please. I used Gamma correction in 3ds Max, but that can only go so far if my monitors are too far out of whack.
    Be my e-friend?
    Steam - PSN - Xbox Live
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So.. I was leaving the house the other day and couldn't find my standard long-length necklace to throw on to complete a boring outfit.
    I found some broken necklace in the bottom of my sister's closet, and just thought to hot-glue some gears on it to make my own pendant for it. (I'd bought the gears for creative endeavors a month ago.)
    Here's what it looks like!

I won't feign being humble here, I think it's pretty sweet!
    I'm certainly going to experiment with different designs and jewelry types, definitely including more necklaces and some earrings.
    I am considering possibly designing this kind of jewelry to sell, since job-acquisition is seemingly unattainable at the time and since I enjoy creative endeavors like this thoroughly anyway. Possibly ebay, or setting up my own website.
    ..Thoughts?

Twitter | [URL=http://sarabellum86.devi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by weaselboy:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What were you trying to create in this one?
    Also Sarabellum that is an awesome looking necklace!

Well, the original lecture-lab I walk my students through is basically a sweating or bleeding sphere in ParticleFlow. This was a sort of extension into "can I quickly make a sphere that dissolves into a liquid."

The major errors that really hold it back from looking like I wanted: the "bubbles" at the top of the sphere (there shouldn't be any particles spawning there at all, so I'd need to look into why they're up there,) and the motion blur being way too extreme (which isn't surprising, I just enabled camera motion blur and hit render.)

Edit: That's a nifty looking medallion, Sarah.
    Be my e-friend?
    Steam - PSN - Xbox Live

lol ok, I see it now. At first I thought it was a biped head with a bubble shader on it with bubble hair or something like that.

i think by nifty you mean fookin awesome! love it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sarabellum-86:
    So.. I was leaving the house the other day and couldn't find my standard long-length necklace to throw on to complete a boring outfit.
    I found some broken necklace in the bottom of my sister's closet, and just thought to hot-glue some gears on it to make my own pendant for it. (I'd bought the gears for creative endeavors a month ago.)
    Here's what it looks like!

I won't feign being humble here, I think it's pretty sweet!
    I'm certainly going to experiment with different designs and jewelry types, definitely including more necklaces and some earrings.
    I am considering possibly designing this kind of jewelry to sell, since job-acquisition is seemingly unattainable at the time and since I enjoy creative endeavors like this thoroughly anyway. Possibly ebay, or setting up my own website.
    ..Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think its pretty cool. More steam punk gear for the collection

Thanks guys! (:
    Thoughts on selling them?

Twitter | [URL=http://sarabellum86.devi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERRR151:
    i think by nifty you mean fookin awesome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much, yeah.

If you don't want to go the eBay route (always a trust choice, I'm told,) I've seen webhosts that allow you to easily set up a store on your own webpage. Of course, you could always get started on eBay and then once you have an income to support a webpage, branch out then.

Personally, I'd say go for it. Some of the stuff you've put together is freaking awesome.
    Be my e-friend?
    Steam - PSN - Xbox Live

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sarabellum-86:
    Thanks guys! (:
    Thoughts on selling them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Try Ebay. There are tons of Steam punk gear on there. I am sure some steam punker would love extra accessories.

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast