Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious disappointment | Forums

Hi,

Normally i dont really care to much about game feedback but in this case i really need to say something.
    This game is supposed to be some sort of super hype going together with a movie.

For starters i sure hope the movie isnt as short as the game is. It took me ~10 hours to compleet the game twice. Once as RDA and once as Na'vi. (98% unlock RDA / 100% unlock Na'vi)
    And no im a PC gamer so no freaking auto-aim or other BS enabled.
    Although the game play is extreamly fun and does hit the mark on unique fast gaming is seems to be very buggy.
    With DX10 i seem to see ALOT!!! of bugs under win7 (5 crashes to the desktop total).
    Running DX9 mode works perfect.
    (nothing a patch could not fix i guess)

However my question is what is to keep me playing after a day of gaming??? Multi play is practically non existant. XBOX360 and PS3 get DLC content after a singel day. When is there something coming to PC gamers in europe? Or are we just to feel rippedoff???

No achievements leaderboards or difficulty lvl what so ever.

So basically it comes down to i buy the game play it for 10 hours and then leave it in the closet for the next year in the hope i might buy a 3D screen someday to do it al again for 10 hours.

What a waste of 50euro. The dmn movie better make up for this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

Normally i dont really care to much about game feedback but in this case i really need to say something.
    This game is supposed to be some sort of super hype going together with a movie.

For starters i sure hope the movie isnt as short as the game is. It took me ~10 hours to compleet the game twice. Once as RDA and once as Na'vi. (98% unlock RDA / 100% unlock Na'vi)
    And no im a PC gamer so no freaking auto-aim or other BS enabled.
    Although the game play is extreamly fun and does hit the mark on unique fast gaming is seems to be very buggy.
    With DX10 i seem to see ALOT!!! of bugs under win7 (5 crashes to the desktop total).
    Running DX9 mode works perfect.
    (nothing a patch could not fix i guess)

However my question is what is to keep me playing after a day of gaming??? Multi play is practically non existant. XBOX360 and PS3 get DLC content after a singel day. When is there something coming to PC gamers in europe? Or are we just to feel rippedoff???

No achievements leaderboards or difficulty lvl what so ever.

So basically it comes down to i buy the game play it for 10 hours and then leave it in the closet for the next year in the hope i might buy a 3D screen someday to do it al again for 10 hours.

What a waste of 50euro. The dmn movie better make up for this.

Geeze man, you must have run through the game. I admit I'm a working man and have side projects and a wife that needs some me time, but it's taken me about a week and I still haven't beat the RDA campaign yet.

Same with me chibi, but you gotta figure, some people have no life's like we do.

I'm a serious fan of Mass effect so the type of character movement isnt very new to me. Just adjust the skills alittle and on you go.

And i normally do understand when people say "No Lifer" but come on how on earth is ~10 hours an indication of being a no lifer? Are you just jealous i do have a girl friend that can leave me alone for a day to play some new game?

Dunno how you breezed through it so quickly, I finished the RDA campaign just shy of 12 hours and I've barely even touched the Na'vi half of the game.

Being a movie tie in game I never actually expected too much from this but the lovely concept and good game mechanics left me disappointed that there wasn't more too it. If the multiplayer wasn't utter tripe I would be happy, but I'm sceptical of the amount of support this game is going to get through patches or DLC and doubt we're going to get much more to wet our whistle.

PS: The only thing better than a girlfriend that lets you play games is one that plays games with you.

You got me there
    But finding a nice girl that really likes to play games (not do it just for you) is extreamly difficult

Well if you guys are having trouble with the RDA part then your going to be in for one hell of a game playing Na'vi
    RDA = easy mode
    Na'vi i.m.o = very fun and challenging as far as i would like to say the game will let it be

So you guys are having trouble with the game?
    Well i could go all im uber blah blah blah but i really dont care about that stuff so here are a few pointers that might be handy

RDA is easy because you have a gun for every occasion.
    But must note the standaard issue rifle is one of your best by far due to the knockback effect and long range. Just use the assult to spray abit and semi burst fire the standaard issue. (shotgun as backup for close range and low ammo)
    The flame thrower is nice on plants but rather useless on the rest so i dont use it much.

The dive/evade/sidestep or whatever its called ("shift") is your best friend. While running into enemy fire this will often get you over the bullets/arrows making it pretty easy to evade or get up really close to an opponent.

When fighting large beasts just use it exactly 3x (to the side not foward) just after the beast starts to charge. This will get you lined up behind the target at a decent range letting you unload on it.

(spoiler alert)The large cats can get annoying expecially when they gang up on you with 3 at the same time but be patient and keep an eye on the regeneration time of the healing skill.

The best vehicle the RDA uses is the Mech type thing. Use it, enjoy it, and lay waste to everything (these things are OP). Do note its shooting goes as fast as you can move the mouse so dont wait for the torso to turn it will fire behind you almost immediatly.

When playing Na'vi use the rifle on Banshee's for the rest forget about it.
    The staff has a nice extra range but the dual blade work better when the targets are scatterd out beyond the staff range. (dont forget the shift button it really is your best friend)

Thats all i think to be nessesary to improve gamespeed.

The only true reason why i was able to get through this so fast is simply because what you kill stays dead even after you die and respawn. Going in guns blazing taking out 4 targets respawning and running back is still a whole lot faster then tryng to pick them off one by one. I personally think a checkpoint saving system would have worked alot better and make the game way more challenging.

My wife likes to play games. All of her sisters were gamers too, pretty funny.

However, although she loves games like Viva Pinata and racing games, she can't get a grasp of the controls for games like Halo etc. She likes to watch them tho... Too bad we only have one pair of 3D Glasses! LOL

Strange that you supposedly got nearly 100% on both factions in such a short amount of time. I just got 100% up through FEBA and it's been about 4 hours, and honestly that was with rushing a bit. Unless there is only one more area for RDA. I am also a bit peeved because there is no option to turn off the aim assist on the PS3 version (If I use dodge it automatically aims towards the closest target when I am finished with the roll which gets a bit annoying). Anyways I would have to agree that I am extremely disappointed with this game. They give you all the upgrade packs way too soon maybe due to the shortness of each factions story. Also when using the dodge I will find times that I dodge and the enemy is nowhere near me and all of a sudden I get hit during the dodge. As for the non respawning, that is untrue (again I am playing PS3 version) I have many times where I am running back somewhere and all the things I killed are back.

I did complete the game on the X360, but what got me disappointed real badly is this:

- no DLCs to further expand the game + achievements
    - the PC version has no "GfW LIVE", so no achievements there either. Too bad, else I would have bought the PC version as well and complete it a 2nd time (including the DLCs if any)

Now, if the Devs would make something that would give achievements on PC, I'd still buy it.

I've read in the news today that James Cameron is thinking about a new Avatar 2. I hope this time, if there would be a game, there will be DLCs and the PC version will have achievements. (If the sequel is as good as the first game, that is).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast