Thread: Retail version doesn't install | Forums

well here is my problem. i just bought the retail version . i buy the retail version for the cool games like gta4 crysis left 4 dead ... and this amazing game. i played the demo and i said hmmm let's buy the game . i bought it , checked the disc for any damage . no damage as i expected.

put it in my pc ... nothing... the disc is unreadable .. weird... restart my pc.. a few time .. didn't work either.. tried on my laptop again nothing ???

which means that isn't any problem with my pc and laptop..

my specs for my pc :
    cpu intel q6600 2.4 ghz
    gpu nvidia 8800 gts 320 mb
    ram 3 gb
    hdd 500 gb
    os windows vista home premium 32 bits..

i want it so badly that it doesn't matter if i get it as download.. i want it as download now.. i have the cd key .. i need the install prog for call of juarez at least.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

well here is my problem. i just bought the retail version . i buy the retail version for the cool games like gta4 crysis left 4 dead ... and this amazing game. i played the demo and i said hmmm let's buy the game . i bought it , checked the disc for any damage . no damage as i expected.

put it in my pc ... nothing... the disc is unreadable .. weird... restart my pc.. a few time .. didn't work either.. tried on my laptop again nothing ???

which means that isn't any problem with my pc and laptop..

my specs for my pc :
    cpu intel q6600 2.4 ghz
    gpu nvidia 8800 gts 320 mb
    ram 3 gb
    hdd 500 gb
    os windows vista home premium 32 bits..

i want it so badly that it doesn't matter if i get it as download.. i want it as download now.. i have the cd key .. i need the install prog for call of juarez at least.

forgot to say that i have 40 euros less... in my pocket..

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA FredEx919's Avatar
    Did you try to manually run the setup.exe file on the game disc after it was inserted? insert the disc, open your start menu and choose "Computer". See if you notice an icon for the game in your DVD drive here (Should have two guns and say Call of Juarez). If so, right click the icon and choose "open" and run the setup.exe file.

If the system still does not recognize the DVD, then make sure your DVD drive has the latest firmware updates installed from the manufacturers website. However, if you have tested this on multiple computers and still receive the same results you may want to contact the place of purchase to swap out the disc. Also you can contact our technical support department directly for replacements (Number is found in the back of the game manual). Hope this helps.

i told you.. it doesn't show nothing..

i will try to update my drivers (do a scan and see with one is out dated).. i think it;s not that the problem but.. i will try...

at least can i give them they cd key and i will download it as full version ..

just kidding.

man.. this is soooo weird... i open my pc and suddenly the cd from the dvd rom was spinning... i thought.. it's gonna work..

well when i was on desktop.. i update my logitech setpoint for my mouse.

and believe me .. i saw in my computer call of juarez...

maybe this is the end of my problem?? i am gonna see if it is my last problem with this...

unbelievable.. now it works... installed on both machines.. weird..

yesterday it was showing me that when i press on my cd rom it said please insert the cd...

well now it works.

thank you for help!

srry for triple posting !