Thread: Saitek joystick, Saitek throttle quad, CH footpedals ... can they all get along? | Forums

Hey guys,
    about a year ago i had my saitek joystick and throttle quadrant working correctly, but since then i had to rebuild my computer ... because it decided to blow up. Anyhow, i can't remember what program i ran in order to get the throttle quadrant to work correctly in IL-2.
    But now i'm wondering if i can get my foot pedals from CH into the mix also.
    I'm wondering what i need to download in order to get these other products working. I have a CH control manager program, but i don't think that will work on detecting saitek stuff. And i've got a FSX control manager program ... but i don't have FSX, so it won't install it.
    Argh, what is a grounded pilot to do? Please help!
    Thanks, Glenn
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys,
    about a year ago i had my saitek joystick and throttle quadrant working correctly, but since then i had to rebuild my computer ... because it decided to blow up. Anyhow, i can't remember what program i ran in order to get the throttle quadrant to work correctly in IL-2.
    But now i'm wondering if i can get my foot pedals from CH into the mix also.
    I'm wondering what i need to download in order to get these other products working. I have a CH control manager program, but i don't think that will work on detecting saitek stuff. And i've got a FSX control manager program ... but i don't have FSX, so it won't install it.
    Argh, what is a grounded pilot to do? Please help!
    Thanks, Glenn

It should work fine.. use the Saitek profiling SW for the Sautek stuff.

I can confirm they work together. Work perfectly actually.

When I had an X-52 the rudder twist axis broke in a month or two so I decided to get a set of CH Pro Pedals instead of getting a replacement. It was actually a blessing in disguise because I got to see how effective pedals are and how much they can improve your overall flying performance. Got all CH now...but, yeah that setup should work fine with no issues.

I believe I used both Saitek SST and CH Manager with no issues.

S!

Flying Online As =HaVoK=

They'll work fine

================================================== ======

Now plying the skies as TX-Thunderbolt

If you're looking for a 3rd party application to merge controllers, I think I've seen people mention something called ppjoy, is that what you're after?

In any case, as others have mentioned you don't need such an application. Just install them all, re-assign all the axis controls in the game's controls screen and use the applicable profiling software for each device to create profiles.
    Ignore the in-game sensitivity setup screen when it tells you that your axes don't seem to be responding, that screen only looks at the controller listed first in Windows regardless of which controller is actually assigned to your primary flight controls. Instead try one the utilities linked under my signature picture, either of which will allow you to fiddle axis sensitivity in IL2 for ALL your controller axes instead of just the first one listed in Windows.