Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change language to english? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Can anyone help me out me out with some files from the english version of the game?

this isn't illegal or anything, I own the game, its just in Polish, and I would prefer to play it in english. As far as I can tell, those settings are either stored in the registry, Conviction.ini, or ConvictionUserPC.ini. Can anyone post the contents of those 2 files for me on pastebin or something? Also if there's a file called loc-eng.umd or something, since my Polish version has a loc-pol.umd.

Or if there's an alternate way to change the language to english, I'd love to know
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Can anyone help me out me out with some files from the english version of the game?

this isn't illegal or anything, I own the game, its just in Polish, and I would prefer to play it in english. As far as I can tell, those settings are either stored in the registry, Conviction.ini, or ConvictionUserPC.ini. Can anyone post the contents of those 2 files for me on pastebin or something? Also if there's a file called loc-eng.umd or something, since my Polish version has a loc-pol.umd.

Or if there's an alternate way to change the language to english, I'd love to know

Hi, i had the same issue, i ended up reinstalling the game and selected english from the beginning of the installation wizard.

However i looked in my installation folder before doing so, i found my own language files in here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\data\Localization

a folder named 'nl' for dutch language was in here so i assumed i needed 'en' for english, this was not the case. After i reinstalled i noticed that the 'nl' folder was gone and nothing had been replaced so my guess is that you can just delete your 'pl' folder and the game will start up in english by default.

Otherwise you'll have to restart.

Good luck

I have the same issue as OP, polish retail version. While I was instaling it from the disk there was no language selection prompt So how can I select the english language during instal or afterwards?

It prompts you almost right away really.

I was weary of it being in completely in french, but when the launcher popped up, it was all in dutch (which is the language of my Vista copy).
    When I pressed install, there was a drop down box asking me which language I to install the game in, which were a fair few choices, should be the same for you guys.

I'd advise keeping your eyes open and not just pressing ok like a maniac for a few seconds... :P

i have re insralled it about 3 times now, and I can't find anything about changing language. Does anyone know any other way?

I have my game in Russian and I want to play it in English so
    can anyone upload the file loc-int.umd please.

its located in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\src\system

when you start the installation should ask you first which language you prefer.

yea i had same problem with polish game, i solved it:

two language versions means you can choose language en/pl but only for in-game sounds, you will comunicate with lambert in english, instruction videos, and intros for missions will be in english, but all menus and all the texts will still be in polish. you can choose that option in solo/ustanowenia/ozwieki/uzywaj ojczystego jezyka postaci. choose TAK and zapisz

another question, can you play multiplayer? today i tried it and i cant make new profile, there is unknown problem with server...

Thanks guys Im from Poland but i was born in US and i to preffer english thnx ....THNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast