Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CM 11 Bug Fixes / Enhancements | Forums

I've noticed a bug in Josh Waitzkin academy (Waitzkin vs. Eric Budish, page 53). Budish (white) played King e5 while black had his king at f6.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

In the Waitzkin academy
    --The Art of Learning
    ---Breaking Stallions
    ----2-Tal vs Koblencs
    -----page 29/100

After you move the king to B1, Waitzkin responds saying, "The best move is king B1. Fantastic and now all this stuff is hanging and Black has a real problem. You see he can't play bishop takes F4 because of what? Exactly, queen H8 checkmate".

The problem with this analysis is that if white Qh2 - Qh8, Black's Ke7 not only evades the 'checkmate', but also threatens white's queen on h8. This is not checkmate, I am not sure why Waitzkin said it was.

-Bob (aka Kuahara)

I noticed that a few pages down the line when I was told to find the best move again in this chess game that if I made the wrong move, he would say, "this is not the best move. try again", then 2 of black's pieces would disappear, and I would click try again and return to the game. The only way to fix this was to click the replay button, where he would say, "ok. take another chance, what is the best move"...at which point the missing pieces reappeared on the board.

I have also encountered the bugs in the tutorials mentioned above; pieces switching positions between pages of the tutorial, and pieces disappearing, which makes for confusion.

I have also encountered the bug mention with the drills not functioning properly. After making a move the drill hangs, and gives a waiting or loading message. I would like to see these fixed.

I have also encountered a bug in Set Up Position
    when set to have Chessmaster play the opposing side, sometimes the clock doesn't count, and the computer will not move, even if Force Move is chosen. It can be worked around by taking back the move and then replaying the move, but it's still annoying, if the player doesn't notice that the clock isn't ticking.

Originally posted by don_cuppe:
    hello, in the Chessmaster Academy of Josh Waitzkin's Academy, at the Mastery Quiz(Honing Your Skills); page 53 of 82:

Chessmaster: Another Monster Knight. Again, only the white knight can move and he must capture all the black pieces without a break.
    You know what to do.

Problem: i found the following paths as correct valid paths in which the knight takes over all the pieces without any breaks, however, Chessmaster keeps saying they're wrong moves and keeps insisting on another path, maybe you should add these paths as valid answers:

1) Starting at [G1]: F3 -> H4 -> G6 -> E5 -> C4 -> B2 -> D3 -> F4 -> E2 -> D4 -> C6 -> A7 -> B5 -> D6 -> E4 -> G5.

2) Starting at [G1]: E2 -> D4 -> F3 -> H4 -> G6 -> F4 -> D3 -> B2 -> C4 -> E5 -> C6 -> A7 -> B5 -> D6 -> E4 -> G5.

I'll update if i find anymore paths.

I have a question about the display openings function of the chess coach.
    Is it possible to let chess coach suggest openings from any chosen opening book.
    For examle from the book anand.obk
    If its not possible I want to request it for future versions off chessmaster.

Also, now if the option two click moves and quick entry is enabled in board settings. And there is more then one peace that can move to that square. I first have to click the start square and then the destination square. Its more intuitive to first click the destination square and then the start square, (like it's possible with chessbase).

Regards, Jonathan

Originally posted by greathunter:
    I have a question about the display openings function of the chess coach.
    Is it possible to let chess coach suggest openings from any chosen opening book.
    For examle from the book anand.obk
    If its not possible I want to request it for future versions off chessmaster.

Also, now if the option two click moves and quick entry is enabled in board settings. And there is more then one peace that can move to that square. I first have to click the start square and then the destination square. Its more intuitive to first click the destination square and then the start square, (like it's possible with chessbase).

Regards, Jonathan
    This has been added to the Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition FAQ... check out Section 4.

P.S.: Thanks to Ebutaljib

Originally posted by PincerSmash1944:
    Personally I use CM as a coach.

I would love for it to greatly increase its library of INTERACTIVE tutorials.

Maybe a computerized tutorial of famous chess books like My System by Aron Nimzo.

I would love to see in depth interactive tutorials of middlegame strategy as well.

I'm having a great time with this game. The only thing that bugs me is how theking.exe remains running even after I exit the game. It takes up 50% of my cpu cycles so I have to terminate the process manually everytime.

I was wondering why it continues to run even after I exit? It can't be that hard to patch, right?

Ack,nevermind. It only happened to me that one time. I wonder why?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast