Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make shaun white controls.... | Forums

THE SAME EXACT WAY THEY MADE AMPED2! That was the perfect setup. I'm not just saying that because i've put in a few hundred hours of gameplay, I'm saying that because obviously amped3 sucked *** mainly because they screwed with the control scheme. If it's not broke don't fix it. Don't try and re-create the wheel. Shaun white I'm sure will have a huge fallowing, But PLEASE the trigger button for a jump button is a HORRIBLE idea. If you have to do that, please make it so we the players can change to how we want it. And my last thing, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you have to press <preferably the B or Y> button to slide rails. Amped 3 went for that, "jump onto it to slide it" and it really sucks. There's no real control of it. Please guys and girls at UBI don't SCHRUTE this up for me. I personally want amped2 controls, life like game play, and solid riding. It's 3 in the morning i've wanted to share my feeligns for awhile. i'll add more tothis rant in the mornign i need sleep/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

THE SAME EXACT WAY THEY MADE AMPED2! That was the perfect setup. I'm not just saying that because i've put in a few hundred hours of gameplay, I'm saying that because obviously amped3 sucked *** mainly because they screwed with the control scheme. If it's not broke don't fix it. Don't try and re-create the wheel. Shaun white I'm sure will have a huge fallowing, But PLEASE the trigger button for a jump button is a HORRIBLE idea. If you have to do that, please make it so we the players can change to how we want it. And my last thing, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you have to press &lt;preferably the B or Y&gt; button to slide rails. Amped 3 went for that, "jump onto it to slide it" and it really sucks. There's no real control of it. Please guys and girls at UBI don't SCHRUTE this up for me. I personally want amped2 controls, life like game play, and solid riding. It's 3 in the morning i've wanted to share my feeligns for awhile. i'll add more tothis rant in the mornign i need sleep/

imo you should just be able to to jump onto the rails and not have to worry about pressing B or w/e because that's how it is in real life, and the control set-up for Amped 2 was a little too easy for me, but welcome to the forums buddy!

In real life, when you jump onto rails you kind of in a way lock it in. It's hard to describe, but there is control involved. I feel like not pressing a button to "lock it in" makes the gameplay kinda lame. How where the controls too easy? I think the controls where great, Maybe the physics allowed the ride to jump to high creating an unrealistic feel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Tricks are really easy to pull off. Once in the air, move the Right Thumbstick in a direction for a grab. Click in on the thumbstick to open a second set of moves. You can tweak grabs with the trigger as well. The Left Thumbstick controls spins and flips and is used to balance yourself before landing. It's that's simple. While it might take you a run or two down one of the mountains to get comfortable with the system, it's easy to master. And once you do have the moves mastered, there's a lot of fun to be had with Shaun White.

While you don't upgrade your snowboarder, you will purchase new boards that have properties to increase your stats. Better boards give you more speed and air, better cutting on the snow, etc. You'll also find that the higher those stats grow, the less "forgiveness" you get from your board. Though your starting board is weak, its level of forgiveness on landings is mindboggling. You'll certainly put face to powder once in a while, but you'll also land tricks that would be physically impossible to walk away from. The pay-off for more air and faster speeds is a drop in forgiveness. That's how Shaun White gets you to up your own game. You want to go big? You better be able to nail your landings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JayManFTW:
    In real life, when you jump onto rails you kind of in a way lock it in. It's hard to describe, but there is control involved. I feel like not pressing a button to "lock it in" makes the gameplay kinda lame. How where the controls too easy? I think the controls where great, Maybe the physics allowed the ride to jump to high creating an unrealistic feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no I'm sorry you don't snap onto a rail, it may appear like that because of some riders style is very clean, and about it being to easy... I don't want a button mashing game like Amped 2 was, you could throw down backside 900s into a nose press. Sorry to break it to you that kind of crap doesn't happen on the real mountains. And, as far as grinding on chair lifts..... no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JayManFTW:
    In real life, when you jump onto rails you kind of in a way lock it in. It's hard to describe, but there is control involved. I feel like not pressing a button to "lock it in" makes the gameplay kinda lame. How where the controls too easy? I think the controls where great, Maybe the physics allowed the ride to jump to high creating an unrealistic feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no I'm sorry you don't snap onto a rail, it may appear like that because of some riders style is very clean, and about it being to easy... I don't want a button mashing game like Amped 2 was, you could throw down backside 900s into a nose press. Sorry to break it to you that kind of crap doesn't happen on the real mountains. And, as far as grinding on chair lifts..... no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha yeah, word on that!

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
    In real life, when you jump onto rails you kind of in a way lock it in. It's hard to describe, but there is control involved. I feel like not pressing a button to "lock it in" makes the gameplay kinda lame. How where the controls too easy? I think the controls where great, Maybe the physics allowed the ride to jump to high creating an unrealistic feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no I'm sorry you don't snap onto a rail, it may appear like that because of some riders style is very clean, and about it being to easy... I don't want a button mashing game like Amped 2 was, you could throw down backside 900s into a nose press. Sorry to break it to you that kind of crap doesn't happen on the real mountains. And, as far as grinding on chair lifts..... no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol true that, jibbing isn't as easy as it look.. when you jump into a street rail trust me man isn't as stable as it look in every movie. you have different ways to approach a rail and different ways to incline your board when you're landing on a rail. if you don't attack the rail at the good angle , watch out for the edge cut.

So the "lock" button wouldn't be representative of snowboard. It would look more like an arcade style game where you want to do multiple combo.

"misty, 360 indy to nosepress 270 out to manual 1080 to back 1080 to manual rodeo flip to lipslide to rodeo out" lollll

Gotta agree with Pdrizz, as like when you approach a rail I think the trigger simulates the amount of compression in your legs, and like in the park thats how its done.I don't think button mashing will simulate it better cause there's no depth/ sensitivity in the jump. Maybe like a balance in between tiggers while on the rail would of been kinda cool, like 50/50 pressure is a 50-50, and like 80/20 is like a 5-0, or a nose press. That would be kinda hard though... I hope you'll be able to spin slower in the game, they show them like trying to get all the degrees possible in the booter.
    [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f290/Jtsang93/****Ma2.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [quote]quote:
    Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:

quote:
    Originally posted by JayManFTW:
    In real life, when you jump onto rails you kind of in a way lock it in. It's hard to describe, but there is control involved. I feel like not pressing a button to "lock it in" makes the gameplay kinda lame. How where the controls too easy? I think the controls where great, Maybe the physics allowed the ride to jump to high creating an unrealistic feel.
    no I'm sorry you don't snap onto a rail, it may appear like that because of some riders style is very clean, and about it being to easy... I don't want a button mashing game like Amped 2 was, you could throw down backside 900s into a nose press. Sorry to break it to you that kind of crap doesn't happen on the real mountains. And, as far as grinding on chair lifts..... no

Lol true that, jibbing isn't as easy as it look.. when you jump into a street rail trust me man isn't as stable as it look in every movie. you have different ways to approach a rail and different ways to incline your board when you're landing on a rail. if you don't attack the rail at the good angle , watch out for the edge cut.

So the "lock" button wouldn't be representative of snowboard. It would look more like an arcade style game where you want to do multiple combo.

"misty, 360 indy to nosepress 270 out to manual 1080 to back 1080 to manual rodeo flip to lipslide to rodeo out" lollll

Moveon (snowboarder)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast