Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC version removed from UBISoft store | Forums

I noticed that today the PC version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier has been removed from the UBI Soft's online store (The Canadian one at least, I haven't checked others) This is pretty worrying as it seems as yet another strong indication that the PC version has been cancelled. It would sure be nice if someone could let us PC gamers know what the status is.

Is anyone from other countries seeing this update in their UBI stores as well?

Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I noticed that today the PC version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier has been removed from the UBI Soft's online store (The Canadian one at least, I haven't checked others) This is pretty worrying as it seems as yet another strong indication that the PC version has been cancelled. It would sure be nice if someone could let us PC gamers know what the status is.

Cheers!

UK Forum Manager Emeritus
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ecma4:

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s not an indication of anything you should worry about, in short it was initially listed in error and that has now been rectified. The game hasn’t been announced on PC and as such has no release date so listing it for pre order can and would use problems, hence it was removed.

Thanks for the quick response ms-kleaneasy, its greatly appreciated. I've got to say this whole situation is beyond confusing and bizarre. Saying its never been announced is a little confusing too (and worrying.) Its been refereed to continually as if it has been announced (there is even a forum for it), definitely no date of course.

Saying its never been announced seems like a step backwards (if just in my head) seems far to easy to say something of the lines of "We aren't cancelling it, because we never announced it"

Anyways, thanks again, you're awesome!

No offence but saying the PC game hasn't been announced is something to be very worried about. Nearly every game that has a multi-platform release is announced for all formats at once. So confirming that it isn't announced ( to me ) sounds like we wont see it at all.

I like some Ubisoft games, I used to love a lot of them, but the chronic lack of information from Ubisoft is becoming an embarrassment. This isn't a I hate Ubisoft comment. This is a constructive criticism. You need to address this to become a better company.

You are losing market share because you lack the communication between yourselves and your consumers in two distinct ways.

Firstly you don't communicate with the fans to better shape the direction of your franchises. What feedback you do take in is twisted to fit market analyst on current trends. For instance the stealth suit in GRFS.

Secondly once you have decided on a direction you consistently fail to explain to your consumers why you took that direction and what the direction actually is.

I know the community developers and forum managers were supposed to address this, but continually tying their hands to suit choices made by higher up departments completely nullifies them.

Banned
    They have consistently shown us what they think of consumers, Paladin.

I was...pleasantly surprised when we were given more information on GRFS. Of course we DID NOT get it from Ubi. They don't do things like that anymore, it is not important to them.

Consumers matter in one way and one way only to Ubisoft. The consumers buy the game and then buy more games. PERIOD.

Ubisoft obviously could not care LESS about fans or fan feedback. They have their way of doing things and it has nothing to do with the fans. Maybe it will work, maybe it will just shove the company even further into the muck that they have plowed into.

Of course, they should take some basic business courses if they think that. They might learn something. But...Wait. They are UBISOFT. They know everything already, even what I am thinking, what I want, need and feel.

They know SO much better than me what I want in my games I should just STFU and keep my mouth shut. Right Ubi?

Is it so hard to say "We don't want to release it for PC" instead of creating ridiculous excuses?

Apparently a lot of things are harder at Ubisoft than other places.

i think why the pc GR:FS is removed is because they dont know when they will be finished with it. becuase they want to put more stuff in to it becuase pc's have better hardware then consoles so they can process more stuff .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Classified_0ps:
    i think why the pc GR:FS is removed is because they dont know when they will be finished with it. becuase they want to put more stuff in to it becuase pc's have better hardware then consoles so they can process more stuff . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that was sarcasm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast