Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bah! texture problems | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I have an athlon xp 2400 and a radeon 9700 (formerly a 9500 before it's modding) and an a7n8x

i get texture problems in high detail, far away textures are a bit fubar'd, like the rocks are black and white and the texture seems to move on them as i look around

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have an athlon xp 2400 and a radeon 9700 (formerly a 9500 before it's modding) and an a7n8x

i get texture problems in high detail, far away textures are a bit fubar'd, like the rocks are black and white and the texture seems to move on them as i look around

Try turning off Anti-ailising

far cry doesn't support FSAA?? ok...that sucks

i mean im still gonna buy it but, cmon

Athlon XP 2500+
    Softmodded R9500
    2x256 pc2700 dual channel
    a7n8x deluxe
    3X120 gig WD 8mb cache
    Crappy DVD-Drive
    Crappy Cd-Burner
    Antec Lanboy
    5 kg of dust from lack of cleaning

it does support FSAA, as long as you have the correct drivers. Which for an ATI card is the Catalyst 3.9 drivers, all other ones will produce those horrible black triangle shadows with AA enabled. At least, that's what I've heard and have experienced.

still killing the old way...

Athlon 64 3200+
    1.5 GB DDR 400
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB
    320 GB Raid 0 Striped
    -----------------------------
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB
    Corsair XMS DDR400 1.5GB
    2X Maxtor 160GB SATA 7200RPM | RAID 0

Now Playing:
    Far Cry
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow MP

I have simular problems, except mine is for every object except water and the the gun. I tried downgrading from Cat 4.2 to 3.9, but same problem occured.

Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb

It runs smooth, just looks ghetto.

Did You try uninstalling your old cats first then rebooting,using a driver cleaner to remove any residual files, reboot again then install the earlier version?

This usually does the trick!!

Athlon XP 3200+
    ASUS A78NX - E Deluxe
    2 X 512MB Corsair TwinX 4000
    Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 256
    **CAT 3.10**
    Some Hard Disk Thingies ??
    Windows 2000 Pro
    Iiyama E511S 20.5' LCD
    Powercolor Radeon X1800XT
    Athon 64 4000+
    ASROCK Dual SATA2
    2GB Corsair Twinx 3200C2PT
    GlobalWin SAF 520W Silent PSU
    Audigy 2 ZS

Hi launchpad912, I had the exact same setup as you - an AMD xp2400 cpu, 9700pro radeon and asus A7n8x mobo. The truth is that this mobo does not work WELL with your radeon because of the NVIDIA nforce2 or 3 drivers on the mobo. I had problems in all sorts of games, including windows. Its a much more cheaper option to just get another mobo that doesn't carry the NVIDIA logo for sound - I went for the more expensive option and bought myself a GeForce FX5950ULTRA card, as I really like my deluxe A7n8x mobo and didn't quite like ATI as a company felt they were always trying to do better than NVIDIA in terms of sales and game compatibility but ALWAYS failing.
    Take my advice and get a new mobo, butif you can afford it get rid of that 9700 card, its a wonderful card but it has one major bummer of a factor - its ATI (in some circumstances my 9700 card gets me higher frame rates that my new 5950ultra, but my heart is with nvidia not ATI as you've probably worked out

Yes. I did a clean uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Im not an idiot, still, same problem. Well, hopefully they fix this, otherwise my faith in Far Cry will be lost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by obiwanquinobi:
    Did You try uninstalling your old cats first then rebooting,using a driver cleaner to remove any residual files, reboot again then install the earlier version?

This usually does the trick!!

Athlon XP 3200+
    ASUS A78NX - E Deluxe
    **CAT 3.10**
    Windows 2000 Pro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Syphon606:
    Yes. I did a clean uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Im not an idiot, still, same problem. Well, hopefully they fix this, otherwise my faith in Far Cry will be lost.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never suggested for a minute that you an 'Idiot' as you put it! I WAS trying to help.

The texture drop out I can see in those pictures is the of the kind thats nearly always associated with a driver issue!

Athlon XP 3200+
    ASUS A78NX - E Deluxe
    **CAT 3.10**
    Windows 2000 Pro
    Iiyama E511S 20.5' LCD
    Powercolor Radeon X1800XT
    Athon 64 4000+
    ASROCK Dual SATA2
    2GB Corsair Twinx 3200C2PT