Thread: How prevalent is the Server ConnectionIssue? | Forums

I've been thinking about getting this game but I've heard bad things about the connection issues with the DRM server causing people to be unable to play.

I've also heard there's a crack version which does not require a constant internet connection. While that's not something I'd normally pursue I'd rather play the game on my own terms rather than the terms of my internet connection.

So, what I'm asking is, does anyone know what sort of percentage of users or what area of users are affected mostly by the issue? If it helps I live in the UK and I have a good stable broadband connection but I hear it's mostly the server's problems...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've been thinking about getting this game but I've heard bad things about the connection issues with the DRM server causing people to be unable to play.

I've also heard there's a crack version which does not require a constant internet connection. While that's not something I'd normally pursue I'd rather play the game on my own terms rather than the terms of my internet connection.

So, what I'm asking is, does anyone know what sort of percentage of users or what area of users are affected mostly by the issue? If it helps I live in the UK and I have a good stable broadband connection but I hear it's mostly the server's problems...

We had some troubles with people unable to connect from australia (or anywhere with a similar distance to canada...). But there's a workaround in place (login to the MyRealm site to "unlock" your account) and the issue should be completely gone with the next patch.

The crack is not working. Besides various technical problems, the game is not behaving correctly in many situations that severely affect the gameplay. For example no matter how hard you try, your economy won't run as good as in the official version.

Okay, thanks for the info foxbox.