Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World without Joseph Stalin. | Forums

I gotta agree with you on the Fins Gustave, I mean if you think about it. It almost insane that a relatively small and military seen pretty weak country could have repelled the enormous Red army for about 5 months, personnaly I even think they could have forced a russian retreat if they only had some more men and material. The only way the Russian defeated the Fins was by overwhelming them. This shows again that Stalin only puts his little friends in command of his armies, however incompetent they were.

stalin and hitler, both monsters.
    but i put stalin as a much worse monster. his brand of hatred was monstrous in that u didn't have to be a jew or social democrat. he had every living human being on the list of "potential enemies". this is not saying hitler was somehow better. no. but stalin had whole towns and communities uproted and sent to gulags for no toehr reason than, eg, there was a family there that had relations with his son in law. simple as that.

here was a non educated, brutal, bullying, cowardly, backward but extremely devious "man" who used his friendship with a great man and a set of circumstances to take power over a vast country.
    he wiped out 90% of the officer classes, thus depriving the russian army of its 'brain'; left millions of ukrainians to starve to death with his brutal social planning; set ordinary ppl and workers at each others throats; had anybody who had even witnessed 'decadent western life' sent to gulags to be certain they couldn't tell of it; so much more that can't fit into a thread; and worst of all, gave communism a bad name.

if stalin had died in the 20s then the world now would be so much better. the ridiculous 'cold war' would never have happened.
    stalin proved how one man CAN make a difference... how one man can screw up a great ideal and make hundreds of millions of ppl suffer.
    hitler was a child monster by comparison.
    if there is an afterlife, then, stalin? watch out.. i'm coming for ya.

das

without stalin, ww2 would have been much longer. if not, near impossible to win over hilter. hitler sent his best units and equipments to the east front to battle stalin, only to find difeat because of the weather. if hilter had taken over russia without stalin, the allies would have a much worse war...

No wonder why the Ukrainians welcomed the German Army as liberators.
    ANd I agree Stalin stained communism. I dont like communism, I lived in it and after it(worse
    but the Ideal was not the same as Stalins.
    Id rather call communism under Stalin as Stalinism.

I don't agree with you ragingpaseo: without Stalin the Russians might have hit the germans harder. Stalin had put communists loyal only to him in command of his armies, regardless of education and military experience. And on top of that he saw himself as some kind of military genius. So the few competent commanders he had left, were merely puppets of his "military genius". It was only during the Stalingrad battle that Stalin relised that his generals knew what to do better then he did.

Zhukov saved the Russians.
    He was the person who organized the army to stop the German warmachine. It was an almost impossible feat to hold the germans with a handful of Russian troops. (The Siberian divisions were still being shipped to Moscow area)

Nice to see that somebody knows the right infromation about Poland or Finland,because there is alot of false infromation about these countries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Raidergun:
    I don't agree with you ragingpaseo: without Stalin the Russians might have hit the germans harder. Stalin had put communists loyal only to him in command of his armies, regardless of education and military experience. And on top of that he saw himself as some kind of military genius. So the few competent commanders he had left, were merely puppets of his "military genius". It was only during the Stalingrad battle that Stalin relised that his generals knew what to do better then he did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Stalin even aksed hitler for peace. Hitler could get all the territories he had taken in exchange for "peace"... and Hitler refused.... twice

Stalin was a much greater threat to his people than Hitler was. Whereas Hitler killed people that were different than he was, Stalin killed his own people. No one was safe under Stalin's rule. He would not only kill/exile those he believed were enemies, but anyone who associated with the "traitor" and even those who associated. It was death by 2nd degree. That's why you hear of stories of whole towns being killed.

“The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic.”
    â€"Joseph Stalin

There's actually a show chronicaling[sp?] Stalin's life on the History Channel next week at 10pm. I'm the tech guy for the production company that created the show.

The show is called Declassified. it has an interesting concept, in which it finds recently declassified documents and makes a show around it. it has some pretty interesting footage.

i think tomorrow night's show is on Lindbergh, but Stalin is definitely my favorite episode of the ones i've seen so far.

Unknown

It's not really a matter of whether he should not exist, it's more on a psychological level. He was kinda screwed up in the head because his father abused him and his mother. Not only that, but he was scarred physically from a bout with smallpox and an accident with a carriage. This caused him to be bullied and earn the harsh nickname "Pocky".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123