Thread: missing helmsman | Forums

guys ive broken the german code for some time now and today i noticed two things on their forums
    1) they saying the helmsman is missing who should be sitting left next to the first engineer operating the bbc, now i must say ive never seen the helmsman neither

2) they also noticed in screenshots that the engine telegraf seems to have changed, in earlier shots you could choose electric/diesel engines while in the new ones this seems to have disappeared

old situation

new situation

also watch the empty helm behind the first engineer

spotted by our german friends AOTD|Hunkey-Punk and cmdr750

what do you guys think about this ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

guys ive broken the german code for some time now and today i noticed two things on their forums
    1) they saying the helmsman is missing who should be sitting left next to the first engineer operating the bbc, now i must say ive never seen the helmsman neither

2) they also noticed in screenshots that the engine telegraf seems to have changed, in earlier shots you could choose electric/diesel engines while in the new ones this seems to have disappeared

old situation

new situation

also watch the empty helm behind the first engineer

spotted by our german friends AOTD|Hunkey-Punk and cmdr750

what do you guys think about this ?

This engine telegraf thing COULD be a matter of difficulty-mode. A theory from the german board. Maybe in casual-mode it's without electric/diesel-settings. IS IT??

But the helmsman really seems missing! There should be someone on the rudder!
    ---
    Uboot- und Marineforum - http://www.uboot-netz.de

I don't think that this is something we could state for sure, because
    A) The picture is of different rooms, using the electric engine in surface is not common and in fact I don't believe it's usefull at all (the AI won't hear us in the surface, will they?, or, if we want to be stealthy in the surface we won't catch up the convoy). So, changing it to an automatic one controled by the engineer I believe will mean nothing.

B) About the helmsman think, it could be that it has been removed by the player.

Well, so my conclusion is that this is no proven evidence of anything.

---------------

Imagine a world where your ears must be your eyes, where sudden death circles over your head and your only escape is terror.

I'd be betting you are looking at 2 completely differant models of subs in these shots.