Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you progressing? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

So the games been out for a bit and I'm curious to know how everyone is progressing!

Just out of curiosity I tried something. I went into the song list and went to (Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

On the bottom left hand side it tells you how many times you've played it, and your highest score. Mine was around 11 times played, and a score of somewhere around 20k IIRC.

So I gave it a whirl and played it again and scored a 76k! Alright, awesome.

I did the same thing with Black Keys Next Girl, that song I had played 3 times, and my highest score was 12k (I hated that song..)

Played it again, boom, 83k. I thought that was pretty awesome.

(History: Having only played guitar for one week prior to picking up Rocksmith (learning basic chords mostly) and having only played Rocksmith for exactly 8 days now.)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So the games been out for a bit and I'm curious to know how everyone is progressing!

Just out of curiosity I tried something. I went into the song list and went to (Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

On the bottom left hand side it tells you how many times you've played it, and your highest score. Mine was around 11 times played, and a score of somewhere around 20k IIRC.

So I gave it a whirl and played it again and scored a 76k! Alright, awesome.

I did the same thing with Black Keys Next Girl, that song I had played 3 times, and my highest score was 12k (I hated that song..)

Played it again, boom, 83k. I thought that was pretty awesome.

(History: Having only played guitar for one week prior to picking up Rocksmith (learning basic chords mostly) and having only played Rocksmith for exactly 8 days now.)

I am doing well. One weekend with the game. Played for perhaps 4 hours?

I think I have over 85K for The Black Keys song, and about 70K for CGN Satisfaction. I have gold medalled all the challenges given, and I am currently in the 3rd event sequence.

I am really taking my time though. Trying to master the challenges given, as well as the songs given. I have been messing around with the riff repeater on The Black Keys and In Bloom. I have the intros down at the master level. Trying to work my way through the songs. Even though I get 85K on The Black Keys, I struggle and have a lot of failure once the 3rd (blue) string is introduced. On In Bloom, I struggle with the combos. I think if you really take these songs to the point of mastery, you are going to set yourself up for success... instead of rushing though.

I also remember seeing it in reviews, but this game has a way of always pushing you and throwing more in than you can handle. Its a good way to learn, but keeps your confidence down.

The important thing is to look back how you were when starting and think about how you would kill it now instead of messing up.

Yep, basically what I'm doing is playing through all the songs once on campaign, then techinques/arcade games and then focusing on the songs that really gave me problems in the riff repeater until I murder them :P

i'm obsessive about getting the best scores i can, so i don't even bother playing a song before going straight to the leveller and mastering it as best i can. working on the slither solo now...that's going to take a while. lol.
    having loads of fun though.

so far i have mastery in where is my mind, plug in baby, unnatural selection, in bloom, use somebody (for my girlfriend :P), and take me out, and i think vasoline, though i need to get the last bit of the solo down. good times.
    ----------------------------------------
    working on some rocksmith vids for youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/JinjaBeard

Stuck at the Epicenter event with Tom Petty breaking my heart.

I hope Ubi fixes this bug soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:
    Stuck at the Epicenter event with Tom Petty breaking my heart.

I hope Ubi fixes this bug soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this bug universal for both PS3 & Xbox?

I'm at level 7 and slowing somewhat. I'm still playing a lot, but not getting there.

I've gotten golds on all the techniques and have passed the Scale Runner game. The other games are giving me lots of trouble. I was about 400,000 points away from the 15,000,000 points required for an achievement in fret sliding mini-game.

I would only rehearse the songs as needed and do an event. Now that I've completed all the songs in the catalog I'm putting more time into them. I've got 3 songs in master mode.

One thing I've noticed is that I've typically had a bad habit of doing a string bend when I'm playing something too fast. Rocksmith doesn't let me get away with being too sloppy. I've started to lighten my touch.

I've played more guitar in the last 2 weeks than I had in the last 6 months.

I'm an international support act!!! Yeeeeeeeaaah! I've proabably put ~25 hours into the game and I just now feel comfortable with reading the screen. It took a long long time to realize that orange was the third string in real time.

I actually feel as though I'm improving. Whereas when I started I'd mess up the super slow and easy version of the songs, now when they level up my difficulty I can usually get the majority of the new phrase in real time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast