Thread: Unable to install original IL2 Sturmovik - Windows 7-64 Professional | Forums

Hello.

I have read this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...9310655/m/4771029977

And others already.

My system is Windows 7-64 Professional.

I am unable to install the game from my CD. Double-clicking on either setup.exe or setupubi.exe just causes the mouse to change to the wait icon for a few seconds, and then nothing. The processes stay running, which I then must kill using process manager. I have also tried right-clicking on the above executables and using "run as administrator" with the same results.

Many of the threads speak of running "a.exe". There is no such file on my IL2 Sturmovik CD.

Note that this is NOT the 1946 version, but the original IL2.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello.

I have read this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...9310655/m/4771029977

And others already.

My system is Windows 7-64 Professional.

I am unable to install the game from my CD. Double-clicking on either setup.exe or setupubi.exe just causes the mouse to change to the wait icon for a few seconds, and then nothing. The processes stay running, which I then must kill using process manager. I have also tried right-clicking on the above executables and using "run as administrator" with the same results.

Many of the threads speak of running "a.exe". There is no such file on my IL2 Sturmovik CD.

Note that this is NOT the 1946 version, but the original IL2.

Thanks,
    Steve

Have you tried copying the disk contents to your hard drive and running setup.exe from there?

There are almost no threads concerning Win 7-64 and the original IL2. The original was released 10 years ago, and games and hardware have moved on leaving the past behind. Which is what I am suggesting to you. You can get 1946 download for under US$10 with no DRM. That would be the smart solution. However, you want a challenge.

The original IL2 folder can be copied from the disc bypassing the installer. (Remember, the original is not supported in Vista/Win 7/64bit.) Next you can patch up and get the rts file from here http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...rs/detail/a_id/10061

At this point, you're going to have manually configure il2setup to best match your existing hardware, which isn't mentioned in the drop down menus. This is what I did, and actually got it to launch, but not much more.

Or, you leave the past behind and get 1946, which contains all of the original IL2 content.

Best of luck.

Well, I dumped $10 on 1946.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maillemaker:
    Well, I dumped $10 on 1946.

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You won't regret it!
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson