Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POP - The Forgotten Sands - Saved Games | Forums

First off I put together this thread for the people who're getting stuck in various parts of the game, so they won't have to start new threads asking for help, or abandoning their game.
    Secondly, I did it for the people who just want to replay different levels of the game, as we all know there's no going back to a previous level in TFS.
    Now, these saves are in chronological order, taken from certain key points in the game:

The Works
    After the fight with the first Elephant creature, where you get stuck on the balcony.
    The Prison
    The Sewers pt.1
    The Sewers pt. 2
    The Baths
    The Baths 2
    Outside the Palace
    Going to the Throne Room
    Astrolabe
    Outside the Astrolabe
    After the fight with Ratash
    After getting the Aerial Dash
    Before the Terrace Puzzle
    After the Terrace Puzzle
    The Gardens
    The Aqueducts
    Before the Djinn City Puzzle
    Rekem pt. 1
    Rekem pt.2
    Before the Sacred Fountain
    Solomon's Hall
    Climbing the King's Tower
    The Palace in the sandstorm
    After fighting the 3 summoners
    Towards the Final Climb
    Final Battle

For those of you who don't know where to put the save, you need to find your saves folder on your PC. It may be a hidden folder, so adjust your Windows settings in order to see the hidden folders too.
    If you're using Windows XP it may be somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\*your pc name*\Local Settings\Application Data\storage\
    If you're using Windows 7 it may be somewhere in C:\Users\*your pc name*\AppData\Local\storage\
    Or you can just run a search for the word "save" but be sure to check that box which allows your Windows to search through the hidden folders too.

http://www.fileshare.ro/e30101281

Last edited by Grafferu; 12-28-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Actually you can get saves backed and replay from any checkpoint in TFS. In a PC game you will find the auto save in a folder at a location like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\storage\

The saves are a set of 4 files in the numbered folder. The data in savefiles keeps changing here with every savepoint crossed. Lets call this storage folder as Location A. The minute the game autosaves and a checkpoint is registered [The game gives you a flashing icon for indicating a savepoint has been reached, go to the location [Loc A] copy the numbered folder with the saves in the storage sub-folder, and back it elsewhere on the hard disk [lets call it Location B where you are saving the copy of each savepoint to rename]. Everytime you back the save just change the folder name and not the contents of save inside. Rename or renumber the saves folders in sequence as when you back them at Loc B. At any point you need to revisit a particular part, just re-copy contents from backed folders from Location B into the default save Location A given above and resume playing from that point.

Just wanted to add that stopping the game at Astrolab on reaching there after getting past wrecked palace parts by Ratash makes the platform handle switch disappear. Play it through straight without stopping and you will get the switch.

Originally posted by SeriousPrince:
    Actually you can get saves backed and replay from any checkpoint in TFS.
    That's exactly what I did, but the majority of people DON'T ! that's why I created this thread.

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

Originally posted by Grafferu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeriousPrince:
    Actually you can get saves backed and replay from any checkpoint in TFS.
    That's exactly what I did, but the majority of people DON'T ! that's why I created this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    this is really great! helps a lot! thanks!

You're welcome, there are almost 700 views on this page so apparently I helped a lot of people

What a waste of time and money, I'm stuck in the Observatory Level and NOTHING works, even the tips of GRAFFERU!!!!

Tips ? what tips ? I just provided saved games

POS game, this is hardly an appropiate solution.

POS ?

ok man i appreciate the effort you have taken for this thread. howevere i am having difficulty locating where to place the file. i have run a search for "save", came up empty. i am not sure which i am running xp vista etc. im fairly certain am running 07, as my windows/flag icon at bottom of screen is round.

there is no other way to locate the save folder?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast