Thread: This "Next Gen" thing | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

So, UBI is now praising their new SCDA is going to be "Next Gen" , but don't we get this before allmost every new game-release? I guess "Next Gen" would be defined like a important and unseen leap towards technical and gameplay perfection, or smth like that.
    But the question is: how do you sort this Gen thing? What are the "Next Gens" for you?

Personally, I devide the games in really classics (like Half-Life, AoE II, NFS I-V, Ceasar III, F22 Lightening and so on (I can only mention the games I've played, so feel free to add things to the list). But for me, the 1st "Next Gen" started with SC, NFS:U, Tropico (seriously!) et cetera. I'm not relly sure if HL2 and SCCT is another "Next Gen", have to thing about that...

So, what's all this "Next Gen" thing for you?
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.

xfire: saltpeterjunky
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So, UBI is now praising their new SCDA is going to be "Next Gen" , but don't we get this before allmost every new game-release? I guess "Next Gen" would be defined like a important and unseen leap towards technical and gameplay perfection, or smth like that.
    But the question is: how do you sort this Gen thing? What are the "Next Gens" for you?

Personally, I devide the games in really classics (like Half-Life, AoE II, NFS I-V, Ceasar III, F22 Lightening and so on (I can only mention the games I've played, so feel free to add things to the list). But for me, the 1st "Next Gen" started with SC, NFS:U, Tropico (seriously!) et cetera. I'm not relly sure if HL2 and SCCT is another "Next Gen", have to thing about that...

So, what's all this "Next Gen" thing for you?

Banned
    Super Mario was pretty Next Gen back in the day...

Oh, yeah! When I got my 1st "Zilithon" it changed it completely changet the way I saw things!

Banned
    "Next gen" is a marketing buzz phrase. You're thinking too much. Stop it before you hurt yourself.

Next Gen = Xbox 360, PS3

"New" Gen = Wii(coined by nintendo)

As of now, PC will be the only true next gen, due to the fact that out hardware is already superior to both "next gen" consoles.

Any game coming out for those 3 consoles is coined next gen, because it is the next generation of consoles...its not that hard.

With PC though, next gen comes when a new line of vid cards or cpus come out..

[COLOR:WHITE]cdrew-FS[/COLOR]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Honeycomb_Ck:
    "Next gen" is a marketing buzz phrase. You're thinking too much. Stop it before you hurt yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point taken