Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No OverG Fighters Remake! | Forums

Please don't make this like the OverG Fighters game. That game was stupid and boring. Make it arcade style. If you want sim play, go with Micro**** or something. Make this game fun. Also create some co-op challenges like Solo Elimination. Make it a fun experience to fly. Make it look like you are actually going fast, none of this 5 mile an hour stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Please don't make this like the OverG Fighters game. That game was stupid and boring. Make it arcade style. If you want sim play, go with Micro**** or something. Make this game fun. Also create some co-op challenges like Solo Elimination. Make it a fun experience to fly. Make it look like you are actually going fast, none of this 5 mile an hour stuff.

If you want to play an arcade flight game, go play Ace 6. Don't spoil this for everybody else.
    Anytime, Baby!

Grove jeep over g is a good game go play AC 6 that gay is for babies. That game had no real dog fighting in it at all.
    Babies like you ruin games because you cry to much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomcatter61:
    If you want to play an arcade flight game, go play Ace 6. Don't spoil this for everybody else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Providing options and the ability to support various styles of play isn't spoiling anything, is it?
    -Gel214th
    System Specs for Tech Support:
    Puget Systems Intel i7 920|4 Gig RAM|ATI 5870|Intel G2 80GB SSD boot drive|integrated on board sound|24" 1920x1200 Monitor

It dosen't have to be a pure arcade, but it can't hurt to make things a little faster. Over-G was a horrible excuse for a jet game, it felt SLOWER than flight sims with WW2 aircraft (and far less maneuverable). And don't go insulting AC6 just because it wasn't realistic, its not 'gay' or 'for babies', its just more arcadish. Its like Burnout compared to Gran Turismo.

Give some realistic loadouts along with the sens you are actually flying something from a time other than the Wright Brothers, and it might appeal to both sets.

OverG was a pathetic excuse for a jet game. I didn't address graphics because, heck, it's a Tom Clancy game - anything by them will have incredible graphics. But as this is their first attempt to a jet game, I'm just giving my opinion that I want to actually feel like I'm flying something and not something that I feel like I'm just floating around in the sky like OverG. I agree with zterrans, I think they can make it appeal to both sets.

okay, lets get something straight, Over-G was made by Taito, not ubisoft. Second, OGF was made for the fans of realism who did not own a top notch PC. I liked the game, I hated AC6. Considering this, I also like LO-MAC and Falcon 4.0. There is no proper dogfighting in AC6, It was just super ineffective missiles flying around while noobs and pros alike used the same turn around in circles maneuver to gain on the tail of an enemy. In OGF, you had to pull crazy maneuvers while worrying about your speed and whether or not you are going to stall. In OGF, you also had to actually dodge the missiles being fired at you, in AC6, you didn't have to dodge, you could just continue flying endless circles around one point in the map. I guess some people liked that, but I am not one of those people who gets turned on by arcade warfare. In fact, the most arcadish game I have installed on my computer right now is COD4 with the most realistic being Falcon 4.0.

Plus, I am fine with crappy graphics as long as you keep the landscapes good and actually make the game 3D with decent models and textures. The plane graphics in OGF were more than good enough for me especially considering that the game has to take into account weight, stress, engine power, radar range+ strength, range cards, the speed of an aircraft affecting said range cards. The firing time and maneuverability of each and every missile in the game. you know, stuff in the game besides the graphics...
    Integrity First
    Service Before Self
    Excellence in all we do.
    -USAF Core values

"Aim small, miss small"
    -quoted from the AIM-120C that got launched at your face!

Sorry AF_Falcons, couldn't resist.

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GROVEJEEP:
    Please don't make this like the OverG Fighters game. That game was stupid and boring. Make it arcade style. If you want sim play, go with Micro**** or something. Make this game fun. Also create some co-op challenges like Solo Elimination. Make it a fun experience to fly. Make it look like you are actually going fast, none of this 5 mile an hour stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YESSSS!!! I AM WITH U.

Over G fighters was a perfect game. It had the perfect amount of realism. I felt like I was flying a real jet. There were no missiles that magically appeared on my wings, and the speed of the game was great. While you may think that it was slow, it wasn't. The fact is, you can't maneuver as well as you think at extremely high speeds, and that is how it was portrayed in the game.

Also, lets lay off the homophobic slurs.
    "To Protect Life and Property"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast