Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with playing with a brother | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Hello there, I just bought up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for my brother yesterday so we could try to play together. Since we're both using a PC to play, we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly.

But while he can play normally, for some reason whenever I try to join one of his games or that we try to make a game together, it doesn't work and I always get kicked out of the game, and even sometimes sent back into singleplayer mode(wtf).

Anyone know a way to fix that problem? I bought mine from the official sites while the version he got was bought on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello there, I just bought up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for my brother yesterday so we could try to play together. Since we're both using a PC to play, we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly.

But while he can play normally, for some reason whenever I try to join one of his games or that we try to make a game together, it doesn't work and I always get kicked out of the game, and even sometimes sent back into singleplayer mode(wtf).

Anyone know a way to fix that problem? I bought mine from the official sites while the version he got was bought on Steam.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by warkiller87:
    we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What adjustments exactly?

I don't think two people behind the same NAT will be able to play together online...

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by warkiller87:
    we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What adjustments exactly?

I don't think two people behind the same NAT will be able to play together online... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This, yeah they can't.

Banned
    I thought this thread was about problems playing with black people

It's because you're sharing the same connection, which makes it hard to send and recieve the data packets as the two computers are trying to use the same client.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Banned
    I believe the term you're all looking for is "IP address"

If you're both using the same connection, you're not going to be able to join the same game.

Either play in different houses, or get a second internet line for your brother to play on.

The adjustment I speak of was simply to open up the needed ports for the game on the router along with those on his firewall.

But I'm not sure to agree with your saying of that NAT thing being the problem. After all, both he and I can play online at the same time. The problem is that somehow we can't play in the same game.

But how can you point the same port at 2 different machines?

Edit: Or are you saying only one machine has the ports open? That would work as long as you were in different games, but won't if you are in the same one as the host will not be able to reach you both.

Well initially, I followed the steps found in this thread here to help me solve my first problem which was that my game took an eternity to even start : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/8421017829

But then when we wanted to do the same for my brother's computer, it didn't seemed to work. SO we went on the router itself(you can access it by typing your router's own IP address) and we opened up the ports in it. So technically, we both can play online without a hitch..except when it comes to attempt to play in the same game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast