Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Hunter Frets Are Off | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I am not certain if it is my game, my chord, or my guitar. The only guitar in the house I have is the one that came with the game, and they will not replace the software alone. Is anyone having an issue where when you play Duck Hunter, you hold down third fret and it says you are holding down the second, or forth? This is happening time and time again.
    Tried re-booting XBOX
    Tried Unplugging and re-plugging in guitar
    Tried cleaning the ends of the chords.

Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am not certain if it is my game, my chord, or my guitar. The only guitar in the house I have is the one that came with the game, and they will not replace the software alone. Is anyone having an issue where when you play Duck Hunter, you hold down third fret and it says you are holding down the second, or forth? This is happening time and time again.
    Tried re-booting XBOX

Thoughts?

Have you tried tuning the guitar with a real tuner? I've noticed the in-box tuner is pretty lax.

My problem with ducks is my low e-string has fret buzz above the 17th fret or so, so as soon as ducks start coming higher than that I start losing the game I need to get my guitar tuned up, my issue is not the game's fault

Does the rest of the game give similar results? When you play a song are your notes constantly being missed and the game pointing you up or down a fret?

If so, it's not the game or the cord or the xbox, it's your guitar an the intonation is off. I'd suggest that you get a tuner and check the intonation. You can do this buy tuning the guitar then take the big E string (the thickest string) and fret it at the 12th and check the tuning. If it's not in tune then your intonation is bad.

There's plenty of resources online on how to fix this, or you can take it into a guitar shop and they can do a proper setup on it, should only cost about $30 or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulGlendinning:
    Tried re-booting XBOX

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking about getting thicker strings on my guitar. If I vary the pressure on the second or third frets on the 6th or 5th strings the pitch varies and the game picks it up.

Sometimes when I see those yellow arrows I check myself and notice that I have a death grip on the neck of my guitar. If I relax a bit I see fewer arrows. But hey, I need one more thing to think about when I'm learning a song?

what i have noticed thus far is i have a hard time putting enough pressure on the strings higher then twelve and i have to really concentrate on the pressure otherwise it counts it as a missed note. on the low e string this is hard to do sometimes and you just need to work on the position of your finger on the fret and press down a little harder cause sloppy fingering on the frets will be more noticable as you move up on the neck.

It would be nice if the game tuner - the one listed under menu-tools or something like that, (not the one we use before each & every song or game), was patched so we could check 12th fret intonation, might help determine if problems are with the guitar, or something else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulGlendinning:
    Tried re-booting XBOX

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to have the intonation on the guitar set. I had the same problem and was given this advice. Didn't really want to belive that my brand new guitar needed adjustment. Went to guitar center and the tech wasn't to sure that that was the problem either. But after he did a setup on my guitar it now works perfect.

Of 4 guitars I used on the game, I noticed this on only one. Drove me crazy because it only happens at the third fret. Guess I should get my girl tuned up.

Check here for the Gibson Les Paul type guitar guide for intonation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMFdSkBvkM

or here for the Fender Strat style guitar guide for intonation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZVRCMJLnm4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast