Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed Brotherhood Steam Black Screen | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Hi all

When i start to play AC Brotherhood after 10 minutes the screen goes black and online goes back to normal if I go to task manager and then back again then it's ok for like 1 minute then back again.
    Can anyone help me with this problem?

PC Specs:

Amd Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.81 Ghz
    4GB DDR 2
    GeForce GTX 260 896 MB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi all

When i start to play AC Brotherhood after 10 minutes the screen goes black and online goes back to normal if I go to task manager and then back again then it's ok for like 1 minute then back again.

PC Specs:

4GB DDR 2
    GeForce GTX 260 896 MB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Can someone please help me with this problem?

I've also asked a question on customer support and still no reply

i have the same problem. however i have the retail edition

my Specs are not too different

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
    4GB ram DDR2
    Geforce GTX 280 1024MB

It would be nice if someone from Ubi would help with this. I've also opened a ticket yesterday about it and i got no answer to it.

I've tried updating the video card drivers and using beta drivers and none worked

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nashulmic:
    Hi all

PC Specs:

4GB DDR 2
    GeForce GTX 260 896 MB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually few other gamers have reported this Black Screen issue, and they too had the SAME Video Card like yours i.e. the GTX 260. So could this be a GPU issue ? (just my guess). Though the above user is having a GTX 280.

Have your tried reinstalling the full game again ? And can you play all Other Games on this PC, without any problem ? Do you have a Retail Copy of Brotherhood, or a STEAM/download version ?

Do you have this tool installed on your PC i.e. the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer ? Which OS are you using ? Have you selected the correct in-game Screen Resolution ? So the screen goes black only after 10 minutes, right ? Are you running any other program in the Background ?

By any chance, do you have ASUS GamerOSD, and/or SmartDoctor installed on your PC ? What settings have you applied under NVidia's Control Panel ? Try to set all of them to the 'Application-controlled' option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the steam version of the game.
    Yes i've tried redownloading it and still the same thing happens.
    I don't have this problem in any other games not even in AC and AC 2 only in AC: Brotherhood.

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit SP 1 and yes i have the dual core optimizer installed. The resolution selected is the highest my monitor can have 1680x1050 (i've also tried using lower res in the game but still the same problems occur). The only other programs in my background is NOD 32 Smart Security.

No i haven't installed ASUS GamerOSD and i haven't installed SmartDoctor either. All my settings in nvidia control panel are set to application controlled

might be something of the GTX 200 series?

i haven't tried reinstalling, but honestly it's extremeley unlikely that that'll fix anything.
    I don't seem to have that problem in any other game.
    retail copy for me

i run Win 7 64bit. the resolution is the same as my desktop 1920x1080, everything maxed out, although turning down MSAA and VSync didn't change anything at all. actually i get the impression that it happens much more often than after 10 minutes, probably just a few minutes, makes it rather unplayable. I turned off all background programs that i knew what they were (most of them i think) and this actually seemed to happen even more frequently and the first time it happened the screen didn't even go black it just froze (the ctrl+alt+del fix worked anyway though)

don't have any of those programs. as far as i can tell everything is set to application controlled in the NVIDIA control panel.

interesting, lower resolution seems to have fixed ... something (everything else is still maxed). started out with 800x600 and worked myself up. now i'm playing at 1600x900 and it holds out longer (at least more bearable, although i don't think it gets to the 10 minutes either). 1280x720 is the same

It would be nice if someone from ubi would bother to answer my customer support question about this isssue

argh ubi gives useless advice (and takes forever to give it) and few people seem to have this problem (and no solutions sadly)...

anyway, i've played sequence 1 and the first Desmond sequence, oh and multiplayer

i'd say it froze the most when i was waiting for more "agents" in the character select screen. then the ezio sequence, then playing multiplayer, and the best was when i was playing Desmond
    ... i'd really love to know why the heck it'd be like that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast