Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse and Keyboard Support??? Please!! | Forums

Please Please Please Please Please. Can a software developer enable mouse and Keyboard support in game on the PS3. I really cant be the only person out there who cant shoot anything using the joy pad.

Having seen the videos, screens shots etc I cant wait for the release of Haze on PS3. But I have this horrible doubt in my mind that yet again, the control system is going to make a great game, nearly impossible.

I love my PC for FPS games, and I love my PS3 too, but I really can only play FPS properly on the PC as i really struggle to hit anything with the PS3 control system. I cant tell you how disappointing it is to see all these great NG games coming out on the PS3 know i really cant justify spend £50 on a game i wont enjoy as I cant shoot anyone.

If you agree with me please post here to that fact, maybe if there is a large enough number of us, something might get done about it.

IF you think I'm being a muppet, my apologies, I'm just a bit old school.

FYI my favoriy games.

Joint Operations
    Far Cry
    Quake 4
    Doom 3
    Grand tourisomo 2, 3, 4 HD .......
    Motor Storm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Please Please Please Please Please. Can a software developer enable mouse and Keyboard support in game on the PS3. I really cant be the only person out there who cant shoot anything using the joy pad.

Having seen the videos, screens shots etc I cant wait for the release of Haze on PS3. But I have this horrible doubt in my mind that yet again, the control system is going to make a great game, nearly impossible.

I love my PC for FPS games, and I love my PS3 too, but I really can only play FPS properly on the PC as i really struggle to hit anything with the PS3 control system. I cant tell you how disappointing it is to see all these great NG games coming out on the PS3 know i really cant justify spend £50 on a game i wont enjoy as I cant shoot anyone.

If you agree with me please post here to that fact, maybe if there is a large enough number of us, something might get done about it.

IF you think I'm being a muppet, my apologies, I'm just a bit old school.

FYI my favoriy games.

Joint Operations
    Far Cry
    Quake 4
    Doom 3
    Grand tourisomo 2, 3, 4 HD .......
    Motor Storm.

NEVEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I agree with you only if it was used for singleplayer. But I have to also say that if you have problems with FPS on the gamepad, then practice. That's the only way of reaching my kind of skill.

"Music is Magic. Magic is Life"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rasomaso:
    NEVEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I agree with you only if it was used for singleplayer. But I have to also say that if you have problems with FPS on the gamepad, then practice. That's the only way of reaching my kind of skill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, there's been a bit of relatively passive research done into the differences between the m/k and gamepad in terms of FPS usage. Generally, PC gamers suck at analog sticks. The reason is that with the mouse, you can pretty much jerk your view around whenever and wherever you want quite freely and with excellent accuracy. However, because of the fine-tuned, jerking nature of the mouse, PC players oftentimes jerk the analog sticks around in a similar fashion, which obviously doesn't work too well, because that just really is not how the analog sticks work. Thus, in order to really get good at console FPS games, he'd need to forgo PC FPS games for quite awhile just to get the jerking nature out of his system. That's why I got a Wii

The Wii is actually kinda interesting in terms of how it controls for FPS games. For a game like Resident Evil 4, where you only stand and shoot, it's excellent, and works really well in the hands of a PC player. However, a more traditional FPS game, like Metroid Prime 3 (which I just got and have been playing for the last two days), is more of a hybrid between the mouse and gamepad. The mouse is still better, but the Wiimote has slightly more immersion potential (just fyi, the mouse is more immersive than the gamepad, so that would put the Wiimote on top for immersion- which is important, b/c the Wii relies more on control and innovation and atmosphere/artistic styling and story for immersion than it does on pure graphics). Anyway, the Wiimote works more like the analog sticks in that you really cannot jerk it a lot and expect to do well- I've actually gotten quite dizzy while playing MP3, lol. However, because the Wiimote itself provides more of a mouse-like interface, the will to jerk it around is smaller, and it can be jerked a bit more than the analog sticks. Overall, it's a good compromise, and definitely makes console FPS games playable for me- and fun. MP3 has definitely shown me that the Wii is the best console for twitch shooters (I could not necessarily say that it would be better than the PC for such, for the PC would offer the best control, but at the same time, I feel that the Wii would make for a more fun twitch experience). Heh, TS4 really should be on the Wii It would seriously do very well w/the Wii's control scheme.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Heh, TS4 really should be on the Wii It would seriously do very well w/the Wii's control scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see TS4 easily going multiplatform. The series has never really made an effort to be the most realistic and graphically impressive game ever made. It's been all about exaggerated features, fun gameplay, and most importantly, a rock-solid gameplay engine. FRD has said flat out that they really want to work with the Wii, and I'd not be surprised in the slightest if TS4 made it there.

The only thing that I see hampered with FPSs on the Wii is Multiplayer, and that's where TS has always shone. Having split-screen would suck horribly, and I'm not sure how solid the WiiConnect network is for fast-paced gaming like an FPS.

Otherwise, I really look forward to my first FPS experience on the Wii. I tend to do quite well on K/M AND controller, since games that are made for consoles are tweaked for the controller (Auto-aim and the like) and PC Games tend to forgo those assistances because they're not needed (In fact, auto-aim pisses me off with K/M). So the chance to immerse myself even more would be awesome. I prefer to not have to think about controls and just DO things.
    PSN ID: TesseractE

Yes, MP3 doesn't have any auto-aim other than the lock-on system, which is essentially manual auto-aim (yes, I know that's an oxymoron), and you can turn that off. The lack of a need for auto-aim rox.

In terms of the online service, supposedly Super Smash Bros. Brawl expects to use it and to maintain its 60fps frame rate- and if you've seen the kinds of stuff going into Brawl, if Wii's online can keep that going at 60fps, it will be able to handle FPS games. Anyway, MoH Heroes 2 should offer a lot of insight into the Wii and online, because it plans to support 32 players simultaneously (and it also looks like it might match MP3 in terms of the quality of its control scheme).

As far as split-screen goes, that's all the GC version had, and it was still an awesome game. When I had friends around, I never really felt the need to play them online- I actually preferred splitscreen. However, at all other times, online would be nice, heh.

Splitscreen's fine... I just don't think it'd work well with the Wiimote. 4 people standing around a TV being forced to fine-tune their aim within a small square of the screen? Nope. That wouldn't work.

Good to hear about SSB, though. If that's the case, then saying 'There's no splitscreen on the Wii, but you can play MP online' wouldn't be too bad.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! only ******s can't play with the game pad of the ps3 in fact of ever systems game pad.

Guerrero, kindly delete your post and contribute something useful, or leave this forum.

Control preferences are a minor difference compared to intelligent discourse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tesseract:
    Splitscreen's fine... I just don't think it'd work well with the Wiimote. 4 people standing around a TV being forced to fine-tune their aim within a small square of the screen? Nope. That wouldn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could. The key word there is could though. It depends on how much room you have and how big of a TV you have. Meh, if you have one of those monster 118" TV's, it could definitely work, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast