Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ughh, What happen to Settlers? | Forums

This is a WC3 clone. Its nothing special it wont even stand a chance against games like BFME or other RTS. Why did they destroy Settlers and tunr in into this RTS???

I always enjoyed Settlers for its unique gameplay and it was cool watching builders bring supplies and units carry goods. Now its just a basic RTS nothing fancy to make it better then any other RTS.

Looks like settlers has died. With this engine the old settlers would of been amazing! Now you dont make weapons or anything. They took out the micromanagment and details that made this game so good.

Farwell Settlers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

IMO, This isn't the Settlers.
    ...actually pretty sad.

What a shame, i loved the Settlers, the game is tottally ruined now....

Please Blue Byte, stop this **** and make a new game :/

I agree. Settlers 2 was good. This seems to be continuing the same progression that started in the Settlers 3 - it's turned into a RTS clone, like loads of other games out there. I really wish this was a proper settlers game, rather than what looks to be a very average RTS. Unless the real game's much better than the demo, I'll not be buying it next year

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PinkPig1986:
    I agree. Settlers 2 was good. This seems to be continuing the same progression that started in the Settlers 3 - it's turned into a RTS clone, like loads of other games out there. I really wish this was a proper settlers game, rather than what looks to be a very average RTS. Unless the real game's much better than the demo, I'll not be buying it next year <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Settlers 3 and 4 where 'Settler' games. The settler magic wasn't lost... now it is.

Of course Settlers5 is not settlers anymore.
    The usage of the brand 'settlers' has become a suicide marketing strategy for BlueByte:
    All settler fans become frustrated that its not settlers anymore (check the age of those who started with settlers1 or 2!) and all new gamers know RTS well and become frustrated, that there is no enemy AI for COOP matches, no Editor and no random map generator - which is normally standard for RTS games.

Based on my gameplay experiences with the german release, i posted my summary here.
    (Sorry for the bad english, i am no native english speaker ... yeah, there are a few of those outside )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by issetdatnu:
    Of course Settlers5 is not settlers anymore.
    The usage of the brand 'settlers' has become a suicide marketing strategy for BlueByte:
    All settler fans become frustrated that its not settlers anymore (check the age of those who started with settlers1 or 2!) and all new gamers know RTS well and become frustrated, that there is no enemy AI for COOP matches, no Editor and no random map generator - which is normally standard for RTS games.

Based on my gameplay experiences with the german release, i posted my summary http://www.littmann.mynetcologne.de/.
    (Sorry for the bad english, i am no native english speaker ... yeah, there are a few of those outside ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Settlers was a unique and superb game because of the micromanagement and stuff, now i won't bother to buy it anymore i think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wouter-IG:
    Settlers 3 and 4 where 'Settler' games. The settler magic wasn't lost... now it is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they didn't come close to Settlers 2. Settlers 3 managed to change the battle system, got rid of the road networks (which was a major part of Setters 2), and made it a lot more like an RTS than Settlers 2 was.
    Settlers 4 was essentially Settlers 3 with different graphics and a dark race.

Settlers 5 goes all of the way that Settler 3 went, and turns everything else into an RTS clone.

beside topic

wwhat is all this talk about "was"
    settlers 2 3 and 4 arent "was" they are still alive and in good health..

tought on BB now we will sit here and wait for settlers 5...(not to be confunded with HOK)and this time it better be a "settlers" game

When Blue Byte anounced The Settlers 5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"We wanted to offer an original gaming experience with the new Settlers game. After the release of Settlers IV, we looked at other directions for the Settlers franchise. After listening to feedback from Settlers fans, we believe we succeeded in renewing the franchise by adding many new gameplay and design elements while keeping the essence of Settlers." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

keping the essence of Settlers... What a lie :/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast