Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Ughh, What happen to Settlers? | Forums

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15
    This is a WC3 clone. Its nothing special it wont even stand a chance against games like BFME or other RTS. Why did they destroy Settlers and tunr in into this RTS???

    I always enjoyed Settlers for its unique gameplay and it was cool watching builders bring supplies and units carry goods. Now its just a basic RTS nothing fancy to make it better then any other RTS.

    Looks like settlers has died. With this engine the old settlers would of been amazing! Now you dont make weapons or anything. They took out the micromanagment and details that made this game so good.

    Farwell Settlers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1
    IMO, This isn't the Settlers.
    ...actually pretty sad.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11
    What a shame, i loved the Settlers, the game is tottally ruined now....



    Please Blue Byte, stop this **** and make a new game :/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    I agree. Settlers 2 was good. This seems to be continuing the same progression that started in the Settlers 3 - it's turned into a RTS clone, like loads of other games out there. I really wish this was a proper settlers game, rather than what looks to be a very average RTS. Unless the real game's much better than the demo, I'll not be buying it next year
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PinkPig1986:
    I agree. Settlers 2 was good. This seems to be continuing the same progression that started in the Settlers 3 - it's turned into a RTS clone, like loads of other games out there. I really wish this was a proper settlers game, rather than what looks to be a very average RTS. Unless the real game's much better than the demo, I'll not be buying it next year <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Settlers 3 and 4 where 'Settler' games. The settler magic wasn't lost... now it is.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Of course Settlers5 is not settlers anymore.
    The usage of the brand 'settlers' has become a suicide marketing strategy for BlueByte:
    All settler fans become frustrated that its not settlers anymore (check the age of those who started with settlers1 or 2!) and all new gamers know RTS well and become frustrated, that there is no enemy AI for COOP matches, no Editor and no random map generator - which is normally standard for RTS games.

    Based on my gameplay experiences with the german release, i posted my summary here.
    (Sorry for the bad english, i am no native english speaker ... yeah, there are a few of those outside )
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by issetdatnu:
    Of course Settlers5 is not settlers anymore.
    The usage of the brand 'settlers' has become a suicide marketing strategy for BlueByte:
    All settler fans become frustrated that its not settlers anymore (check the age of those who started with settlers1 or 2!) and all new gamers know RTS well and become frustrated, that there is no enemy AI for COOP matches, no Editor and no random map generator - which is normally standard for RTS games.

    Based on my gameplay experiences with the german release, i posted my summary http://www.littmann.mynetcologne.de/.
    (Sorry for the bad english, i am no native english speaker ... yeah, there are a few of those outside ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Settlers was a unique and superb game because of the micromanagement and stuff, now i won't bother to buy it anymore i think
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wouter-IG:
    Settlers 3 and 4 where 'Settler' games. The settler magic wasn't lost... now it is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    But they didn't come close to Settlers 2. Settlers 3 managed to change the battle system, got rid of the road networks (which was a major part of Setters 2), and made it a lot more like an RTS than Settlers 2 was.
    Settlers 4 was essentially Settlers 3 with different graphics and a dark race.

    Settlers 5 goes all of the way that Settler 3 went, and turns everything else into an RTS clone.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    beside topic

    wwhat is all this talk about "was"
    settlers 2 3 and 4 arent "was" they are still alive and in good health..

    tought on BB now we will sit here and wait for settlers 5...(not to be confunded with HOK)and this time it better be a "settlers" game
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11
    When Blue Byte anounced The Settlers 5:

    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"We wanted to offer an original gaming experience with the new Settlers game. After the release of Settlers IV, we looked at other directions for the Settlers franchise. After listening to feedback from Settlers fans, we believe we succeeded in renewing the franchise by adding many new gameplay and design elements while keeping the essence of Settlers." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    keping the essence of Settlers... What a lie :/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •