Thread: Town Portal spell | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Hi Everyone,
    I've just been wondering if anyone knows anything about Town Portal spell in Heroes VI? How would it work?
    I got a pretty good idea about it recently. In Heroes 3 the spell was hugely overpowered, I agree on that, but the gameplay though was superb. In Heroes V the spell was nicely balanced, but gameplay was suffering because of it.
    So I was thinking of combining two ideas together: Heroes 3 - you can teleport to any town you have, Heroes V - it takes all your movement points. I think this way the gameplay would be great and well balanced.
    What do you guys think about it overall? I actually don't know if it was discussed before and how it will be implemented in the game.
    Regards to all, my Heroes fans brethren
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi Everyone,
    I've just been wondering if anyone knows anything about Town Portal spell in Heroes VI? How would it work?
    I got a pretty good idea about it recently. In Heroes 3 the spell was hugely overpowered, I agree on that, but the gameplay though was superb. In Heroes V the spell was nicely balanced, but gameplay was suffering because of it.
    So I was thinking of combining two ideas together: Heroes 3 - you can teleport to any town you have, Heroes V - it takes all your movement points. I think this way the gameplay would be great and well balanced.
    What do you guys think about it overall? I actually don't know if it was discussed before and how it will be implemented in the game.
    Regards to all, my Heroes fans brethren

If you can teleport to anytown you want its op... i mean strongest army having player automaticly strongest player in the game..You cantget his castles so you cant break his economicly stronger empire(Which must not be hard... The bigger empire the more needed to control and mantain it,not just town portal.Its a Any good strategy main rule wether it be total war,homm or warcraft.)So you need to be really good player to succesfully maintain your full empire..to use town portal you dont need to be so good player...

My wish is:No "must" skills please.I mean of course its good that for Heaven mage holy magic is a must becouse he gets diffrent reacial benefits,but when earth magic is a must for every single player no matter race or battle way(Such was in homm3 becouse of town portal...and if you dont like it and wont take you wont be able to challenge other player at moving speed on them) then this makes more limited choses,and limited choices no matter what game,sucks.
    "Solmyr was trapped in a genie bottle for over a millennium, and was so grateful to the human who finally released him that he accidentally swore to serve the man for eternity. As fate would have it, that man is Gavin Magnus, the immortal ruler of th

Hi Thunion,
    I agree to some point with you. But you can't deny that as far as gameplay is concerned it is much better to move your hero to some distant castle than waste i.e. 7 turns to get there.
    I think that it can be balanced by developers if conquering enemy castles will be much more difficult in Heroes VI. I.e. you lose a lot of your army to get a castle, so you're economicly strong now but weak in army size. It is basic rule of RTS games like Starcraft - you can fast expand sacrificing your army strength for your economic strenght - you are weak to attacks but if your opponent does not respond then he/she is behind.
    I know it can be overpowered in some cases. I just wish it will be balanced so the gameplay will be great and the spell will not be overpowered.
    Regards

I guess it can be balanced in some way..like allowing to use it once in a week or so..But it does seem it again will be in adventure speels "school" so no uprading it trough skill...if it gonna be allowed to teleport in any town i think requiment should be raised a bit.Why i think once a week? Becouse player would more vulnerable for multi attacks on diffrent towns,of course its possible to make multiattack on the same turn but it need a very carful planing.
    "Solmyr was trapped in a genie bottle for over a millennium, and was so grateful to the human who finally released him that he accidentally swore to serve the man for eternity. As fate would have it, that man is Gavin Magnus, the immortal ruler of th

What good is for you to be economicly strong and let say have 100000gold and 100wood/ore/crystals? If on other hand you lost your army wich you cant replace with your "good" economy. And at the end players with more army usualy win.

Townportal and dimension door was overpowered i agree on that. Even in H5 we are waiting to get to lvl20 just so we can than freely explore and if needed just teleport to town... so yea townportal is/was must.

I would limit townportal even more... maybe you could teleport to any town but will suffer some penalty like you cant move for 3 turns (or X turns) or something that will limit the use and you will have to consider if it is worh it. Specially so you cant just teleport to one town collect all creatures and teleport to other and kill enemy,,,and so on.
    Dimension door is quite nerfed in H5 so its not that of a problem and works quite well.. its expensive, you loose movement and you cant teleport to long distances...