Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter cell 6 news [Edit 08/28] - 2012 release date! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Lets throw in all the news, and everything we can speculate on for the new splinter cell 6 into one thread:

<span class="ev_code_RED">What we know:</span>

-Ubisoft Toronto is working on splinter cell 6, several facts say that its title will be 'Retribution'
    -A completely new team, that will bring innovation into the splinter cell frencise. With several from the old.

<span class="ev_code_RED">What we can assume</span> (Not our hopes or wishes, but what we can realistically assume):

-A fresh team, will be most likely to listen to our (mostly negative)feedback from Conviction so we can assume that game-play wise the game will go back to its origins(Most likely PT/CT style)in both SP and MP. (Because they learned from conviction where the boundaries are)

If you guys have anything to add, News, assumptions, or i got something wrong, Post it I will also update the original post regularly.
    (We don't want to make up assumptions about story, because theoretically they could twist/do anything with it and that would be more making guesses then assuming)

Edit [03/24]: Also have a look at this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1091065/m/8381020909

Edit [04/10]: The image of an i-pad showing an email regarding 'splinter cell: Retribution' possibly the new title of the game?! no other sources have confirmed this image, so it is very likely of being a hoax. (also no domain has been registered yet, therefore we could assume that it might be an unofficial working title)
    Links:
    - http://neurogamer.ro/urmatorul...te-retribution-oare/

- http://www.videogameszone.de/S...-Retribution-819237/

- http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/...n,46257,2322076.html

Edit [08/28] (lots of thanks to codenameeric )
    Now inofficial official:

- Sam is back
    - it will follow Conviction's story
    - gameplay will be more hardcore than Conviction but not quite as hardcore as Chaos Theory
    - they still want it to have mass appeal
    - night vision goggles are back
    - 2012 release

XBL GT: M3epmeep
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Lets throw in all the news, and everything we can speculate on for the new splinter cell 6 into one thread:

-Ubisoft Toronto is working on splinter cell 6, several facts say that its title will be 'Retribution'
    -A completely new team, that will bring innovation into the splinter cell frencise. With several from the old.

<span class="ev_code_RED">What we can assume</span> (Not our hopes or wishes, but what we can realistically assume):

-A fresh team, will be most likely to listen to our (mostly negative)feedback from Conviction so we can assume that game-play wise the game will go back to its origins(Most likely PT/CT style)in both SP and MP. (Because they learned from conviction where the boundaries are)

If you guys have anything to add, News, assumptions, or i got something wrong, Post it I will also update the original post regularly.
    (We don't want to make up assumptions about story, because theoretically they could twist/do anything with it and that would be more making guesses then assuming)

Edit [03/24]: Also have a look at this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1091065/m/8381020909

Edit [04/10]: The image of an i-pad showing an email regarding 'splinter cell: Retribution' possibly the new title of the game?! no other sources have confirmed this image, so it is very likely of being a hoax. (also no domain has been registered yet, therefore we could assume that it might be an unofficial working title)
    Links:
    - http://neurogamer.ro/urmatorul...te-retribution-oare/

- http://www.videogameszone.de/S...-Retribution-819237/

- http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/...n,46257,2322076.html

Edit [08/28] (lots of thanks to codenameeric )
    Now inofficial official:

- Sam is back
    - it will follow Conviction's story
    - gameplay will be more hardcore than Conviction but not quite as hardcore as Chaos Theory
    - they still want it to have mass appeal
    - night vision goggles are back
    - 2012 release

Maxime Beland didn't ****ed up Conviction alone and actually it's good that Conviction happened because they know now their borders for a Splinter Cell Game. Conviction has a very polished gameplay and some of the features would be really cool to see with the indepth gameplay of previous SCs.

Fixed :P

The way I see it, Conviction's gameplay remains the same except the mechanics like whistling, moving bodies, lock picking are added and certain tweaks are made to the gameplay, nothing major but minor tweaks like toggle crosshairs, No LKP ghost on higher difficulties, limited magazines for the pistols, deeper PEC system, maybe new goggle and NV mode etc.

I honestly feel that gameplay should be dictated by the premise of the next game.

In Conviction, Sam went rogue and that was the perfect backdrop for the new faster and aggressive stealth mechanics. The gameplay did not feel out of place. It felt like Sam was angry and determined and would not stop at anything. He moved faster, was more aggressive and lethal yet almost always stealthy. Instead of sneaking past the two guards, it was faster to simply drop them with two quick headshots and this made sense given the urgency of the plot. So I gladly embraced it and really enjoyed it.
    Even in Coop it is understandable that Archer uses aggro stealth as It shows Tom Reeds way of doing things...Swift, Silent and Deadly. 3E is portrayed as a more aggressive unit than the 3E run by Lambert.

In Chaos Theory and Predecessors. Sam is more detached and is on an information gathering mission. He moves slowly and quietly because due to the highly secretive nature of the mission, he can't simply fight his way out of there. The tone and theme of the game is slower and deliberate. He does not have an army of mercs hunting him and simply sneaking past the tired lone sentry makes more sense than silencing him. The gameplay suits perfectly the entire cyber warfare and espionage theme of the preceding games.

In short I like to think of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as the Predator UAV. It looms silently in the sky undetected and keeps an eye out for the bad guys and if the need arises it can launch a single precise attack and vanish into thin air
    Conviction is like the F-22 Raptor. It is silent and stealthy. It's main job is to meet superior enemy forces and whittle them down one by one using stealth. It takes a target out, and then vanishes leaving behind chaos and confusion, and then it strikes again. Like the Alien in the movies.

I hope the gameplay follows the narrative.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SoN_RaVeN:

-Ubisoft Toronto is working on splinter cell 6
    -A completely new team, that will bring innovation into the splinter cell frencise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ubi Toronto is working on it, but it's not a completely new team. Several of the "main" Conviction devs are in TO now (including Max and Patrick), and are working on SC6.

Or...do you mean new team as in people in new roles?

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

yea, i meant it as in people with new roles

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ubi Toronto is working on it, but it's not a completely new team. Several of the "main" Conviction devs are in TO now (including Max and Patrick), and are working on SC6.

Or...do you mean new team as in people in new roles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maxime is in it?? hmmm...as a what? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Raymond heading the new team? I also heard that Patrick Reading would be the Game Director

I'm Batman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ubi Toronto is working on it, but it's not a completely new team. Several of the "main" Conviction devs are in TO now (including Max and Patrick), and are working on SC6.

Or...do you mean new team as in people in new roles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maxime is in it?? hmmm...as a what? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Raymond heading the new team? I also heard that Patrick Reading would be the Game Director </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm actually not sure of everyone's (anyone's? LoL) exact roles, but I thought Jade Raymond was overseeing all of TO's games. I don't think I've seen any official confirmation about Max as the Creative Director, but he is one, and he's there, so I assume he's working on SC6. Oh, and AFAIK Patrick is the Game Director for SC6 ("Untitled Splinter Cell") - fingers crossed for D-Ops influencing single-player!

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

@Coastalgirl

I see. Well, looks like we'll have COnviction gameplay with HEAVY SCCT influences..lockpicking, hacking, interrogating guards not to mention non-linear level design!!!
    MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I'm Batman

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast