Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sorcerer problems | Forums

my only sorcerer is having some major issues for some reason all of his spells are not working i know that sorcerers need special armor and he has that but i was stil having problems so i took his special tunic off and removed his shield and hes still having the same problems the only thing i can think of is maybe its the boots or gloves, someone please let me know
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've had the same problem when I first started the game. The lack of spells can be caused by two things:

1). Your sorcerer's charisma is drained by a spell or magic item. The sorcerer does not use intelligence or wisdom to cast spells. Maybe you've given him/her a necklace or something that drained it?

2). You're not in a combat situation. The game does not allow you to cast magic missiles, fireballs etc. when your party isn't fighting.

thank you for youre help it might be something is draining my charisma i think i am close to almost finishing it although i dont know if it well let me without getting all the waterbells

The waterbells are a side quest, you can even do them after finishing the main game. Rest and see if you regain charisma if you don't have any restoration spells. Or you can go to Odelinde.
    The Right to command is bought with Duty, the Privilege of rank is Service.

ive done all that i even gave him some boots that added to his charisma and i got rid of almost everything he was carrying cause i thought he might be too encumbered when i added the boots he had a charisma of 21+5 and even then none of his spells where working it kept saying my armor was constricting me even when i wasnt wearing any so i basically gave up and traded him for eadred since hes basically useless without his powers im really pissed of tho i really dont need three or four fighters in my group althought it makes it easier tho

Oh man maybe I'm too late. You picked up a ring that prevents all sorcerer spells from being cast. It gives you some great combat bonuses. IIRC you got it from cashing in the small idolons for the magic rings. Maybe it was found in one of the later dungeons but that is likely your problem.
    If all else fails outrun the halfling.

well it didnt say it would prevent spells from happening and does this spell or curse last forever?

Take it off and cast remove curse. Or cast remove curse and then remove it.

but i dont know wich one it is

Your sorcerer will only have one or two rings on, so those are the ones to remove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast