Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which aircraft got the most kills in WWII? | Forums

(not perticular veriants just the main aircarft)

i guess maybe the Bf-109? or may be a bomber due to it large amount of fire power? any ideas?

"The Chilean Airforce" (FACH) The 4th oldest in the World...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

(not perticular veriants just the main aircarft)

i guess maybe the Bf-109? or may be a bomber due to it large amount of fire power? any ideas?

(troll??? i don't think so.. i just ask questions related to Il-2 & WW2, its the people who answer them with sillyness that should be Frowned apon)

Usually when talking about numbers per type the Grumman F6F Hellcat is reputed to be the winner in that catagory. For models which racked up the most individual kills (that is kills attributed to individual aircraft), that would probably have to be the Bf-109.

i did'nt even think about the hellcat you know... that imperial navy must have got it hard...

(troll??? i don't think so.. i just ask questions related to Il-2 & WW2, its the people who answer them with sillyness that should be Frowned apon)

Based on online play, the ki-84c kill everyone and everything, even aliens that tried to invade earth were repelled by the mightah ki.

The Brewster in Finnish hands had kills/downs ratio of 20.8 (478/23), wich is the best ratio AFAIK.

Dunno if you meant that though...

"Ride the big one" - Notch Johnson
    "Ride the big one" - Notch Johnson

yeah actaully i have to agree with ajafoofoo on this one.

Banned
    Does anyone read the thread title?

The Bf/Me109 has the claim for the most kills, no others can come anywhere near.

You guys gotta understand that there are different ways to look at this. Are we asking the most kills on an individual plane type basis or are we asking overall kills accross the whole of the type? Perhaps the B-239 does beat the Bf-109 on an individual plane in type basis. You could also try to determine which INDIVIDUAL plane regardless of type had the most kills scored in it. Though that might be hard to determine. I believe that if you are asking about most planes killed accross the whole of a given type then the Hellcat wins.

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SonOfTheBeach69:
    The Brewster in Finnish hands had kills/downs ratio of 20.8 (478/23), wich is the best ratio AFAIK.

Dunno if you meant that though...

"Ride the big one" - Notch Johnson<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also beleive that the B239 holds the record, also while in Finnish service, for most kills for an individual airframe. Not airplane type or sub-varient, but the single individual serial number aircraft that destroyed the most enemy aircraft.

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast