Thread: Battleship Cove/U.S.S. Lionfish | Forums

I found myself in southern MA for a birthday party over the weekend. Well, what else is in southern MA? Fall River. What's in Fall River? Battleship Cove. What's in Battleship Cove....?

Lots and lots and lots of RESEARCH.

After photographing every square foot of the Lionfish inside and out, I got my book from my car, plopped down in the crew's mess and set about scribbling for all my fingers were worth. A few other visitors paused to ask what I was writing about, and I replied, We're on board one!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Great pics, I will be visiting MA for wedding in October, absolutely plan to squeeze in a trip to the Lionfish.Thanks for posting the pics.

thanks for the pic's

ENTER and VOTE in the SCREEN SHOT COMPETITION

Thanks for posting pictures from your trip to the USS Lionfish, Firefish. They're terrific. I've added a link to the Submarines on Public Display thread under the USS Lionfish. Thanks for contributing.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

No problem, guys. Thanks for enjoying them. I'll probably add more - I took a total of 175 topside and below - be a bit time-consuming to post them all at one shot!

Thanks for sharing. Great to see photos of any museum submarine.

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG These are the submarines in your neighborhood!

I live about 45 min. north of there, and have been visiting that boat on and off for 30 years now. I've watched it go down hill abit in that time, It could use some TLC. But it's still a great exibit. I have SHIV GOLD on disc and noticed the hull number of the boat on the box cover is the SS 298, I wonder if it's by chance or if maybe someone from UBI had toured it once?

Originally posted by weston14h:
    I live about 45 min. north of there, and have been visiting that boat on and off for 30 years now. I've watched it go down hill abit in that time, It could use some TLC. But it's still a great exibit. I have SHIV GOLD on disc and noticed the hull number of the boat on the box cover is the SS 298, I wonder if it's by chance or if maybe someone from UBI had toured it once?
    Hehe, yeah, I wondered the same thing. Saw the game cover and was like, Hey, I know that boat! What a crazy random happenstance!

Sad but true, the Lionfish is in noticeably poorer shape than some of the other museum subs out there - I remember a few years ago when they had to take it to Boston to patch up some hull damage. I wish I wasn't quite so far away (3 hours), I'd love to go volunteer some time applying the TLC it so richly deserves.