Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED : Answers To Community [29/01/2010] | Forums

Interesting . Should be no shortage of defensive emplacements, production buildings and such then.
    -----------------------------------
    "The enemy must not know where I intend to give battle."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Inquisitor_Zeal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Will AT guns have a range bonus when placed on hills?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If you watched our gameplay videos you may have noticed that when selecting a unit, you see a surrounding halo representing its visual field. Finding the good spot for your troops is important; and indeed AT guns placed on a hill benefit from larger field of vision. The environment is definitely a parameter you have to take into account. But beware: exposing your units to get a larger visual field may also be riskier.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Finally a game that does this!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WIC does this unless I'm reading it wrong. You can move your tanks and snipers etc to the top of hills to get further better LOS and LOF

Good stuff! Looking forward to more info.
    Would still like to know if the game will offer a replay function like EndWar did, so you can save and record on your own flying around to soak up the eye candy.

Originally posted by Ashen-Shugar1:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inquisitor_Zeal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Will AT guns have a range bonus when placed on hills?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If you watched our gameplay videos you may have noticed that when selecting a unit, you see a surrounding halo representing its visual field. Finding the good spot for your troops is important; and indeed AT guns placed on a hill benefit from larger field of vision. The environment is definitely a parameter you have to take into account. But beware: exposing your units to get a larger visual field may also be riskier.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Finally a game that does this!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WIC does this unless I'm reading it wrong. You can move your tanks and snipers etc to the top of hills to get further better LOS and LOF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Age of Empires 2 did this. They also got damage bonuses...Not that it was very noticable, but still.
    http://www.hasthelargehadroncollider...eworldyet.com/
    Originally posted by Gypsy816:
    @N3V30: What jerks! Who steals workshops these days? And how did they fit it in their car... trickery I say! :vhap:
    "it had run

Sounds cool, But I really hope that in the open the infintry will be abled to be wiped out easaly...not like C&C were you need to shoot like 3-4times before you kill a single man...and hopefully it will not be like Blitzkrieg were a bunch of infintry will be able to disable or destroy a entire tank column in the open...
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Know the truth, and it will set you free...

The "Age" concept is interesting to me, but i hope that the entire game doesn't just depend on it

The game's main purpose is to offer a very strategic game. It's more about the control of information than the control of technologies, so I wouldn't be too worried about that paradox

yay answers!

that anti-tank thing excites me, as does the infantry question! thanks wuzzi
    ------------------------------
    RIP xxxleninxxx
    XBL GT: unchained ak47
    A boombox is not a toy
    "Try making chlorophyll in there, motherf***er."
    -Stephen Colbert
    [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.co

Originally posted by Ubi_Wuzzi:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Wow. My guess was actually really close to how the years/ tech tree would work
    So true. Exactly what I was thinking when reading your thoughts a while ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were reading my thought Wuzzi's a Telepath!

And N3V, ya it really does sound like the time periods i guess in AoE.

And with the Ranges being increased and stuff when on hills, i dont remember them giving you a bonus for it in WiC but its possible i didnt play it for very long.

Or perhaps he's just reading your secret diary ?
    ----------------------------
    Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
    *shakes his fist at the heavens*

Damn you Dane! Damn you!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast