Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Driver.exe crashes upon startup | Forums

Try using the Xinput program.

Fools the game to thinking that just about every pad/joystick/wheel is a XBOX controller.

Works for most of us.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I already am using an Xbox controller. Plugged in or out didn't make a difference for me... game still crashes.

Happened to me as well, turned out to be corrupted game save. Had to delete save data, and game is working fine now.

Do you happen to know the name/location of save game file? I'm not sure that I even have a save game file since the game has never worked for me but I'm willing to try anything.

I found and deleted the save game file-still no luck. This is the first game I've ever had this many problems trying to get to run and direct2drive isn't too helpful when I asked them for a refund. : (

I've had the same trouble Ruggratt. Bought D:SF from Steam on the 27th. I installed the game registered it with Ubisoft, and I click play or play offline and screen goes blank loading up driver then BAM. Driver.exe has encountered an error and must stop.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Driver.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e808fa2
    Fault Module Name: Driver.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e808fa2
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 004543b8
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have deleted the ubisoft settings. Have updated my Gforce 590 drivers. Set driver to run in WinXPsp3 compatability mode. Even went and deleted and reinstalled steam (in an effort to make sure I had the latest steam) Each and every time, I click play, 3-5 seconds pass as the screen goes dark and starts loading, then pop goes the Drive.exe error.

Can't seem to find a fix for this anywhere, and it is very fustrating.

My PC exceeds all requirements.
    3.9Quadcore, Gforce 590 3gig, 1TB HDD, 8megs of RAM, Win7 X64

UPDATE: I unplugged my AV8R-01 joystick and the game loaded. Really? I cannot have a joystick connected to my computer? THATS what was messing me up?!?!?!

If you want to use Playstation 3 controller in Driver:SF on PC, but game crashes, get motioninjoy and controller to 'Xbox 360 emulation mode', that way the game will not crash and the controller will work perfectly.

My game will also no run. the Uplay loader works, it loads to black just after hitting play ad crashes... no error to display.

On a hunch I have turned my 3 desktop screens down to one (horrid as alll my icons are crushed and my work panel is nackers for a bit now) but the game now starts correctly.

If it is as simple as just setting it to a single screen then can someone PLEASE tell me how to run this in a window so I can keep all screens up?

EDIT:
    C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\Ubisoft\Driver San Francisco\graphics.ini

Fullscreen = 0

Sorted I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Deleting settings.yml stil didn't help. So far I have:Updated graphics driversUnplugged everything except mouse and keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled game and launcherDeleted setting.yml (it reinstalled itself)Tried all graphics options in gameRestarted computer after each changeNothing works. Every time I click new game it says "loading" then after about 5-10 seconds I get the "Driver.exe has stopped working" message. Very frustrating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have only one monitor, so my problem isn't multi monitor. I've unplugged everythng usb from my compuiter except keyboard but that didn't help either. I've tried running full screen and in a window-no luck. It seems that there are many problems with this game with many solutions... unfortunately I haven't found mine yet.

I solved this crash problem just deleting all the stuff on: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Ubisoft\Driver San Francisco

After this, the game back working all fine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast