Thread: Gatchaman Project / Battle of the Planets mod | Forums

I am interested in developing a mod for this game based on the above Japanese anime series. It was released in the 1970's and featured a group of scruffy haired teenagers who also formed G-Force in order to prevent the invasion of planet Spectra and its ridculous colection of mecha.

I think the Far Cry engine would be suitable as it could use underwater and interior levels in addition to the great lanscapes. I am initially thinking of multiplayer but a mission based mod is certainly possible.

The decisive factor is whether or not people can help with models and maps. Is there any interest among the community to collaborate?

This is a series desperately in need of video game adaptations, a commercial project was shelved last year though interest may increase when the new Sandy Frank production of BOTP is aired later this year.

All comments welcome.

I am interested in developing a mod for this game based on the above Japanese anime series. It was released in the 1970's and featured a group of scruffy haired teenagers who also formed G-Force in order to prevent the invasion of planet Spectra and its ridculous colection of mecha.

I think the Far Cry engine would be suitable as it could use underwater and interior levels in addition to the great lanscapes. I am initially thinking of multiplayer but a mission based mod is certainly possible.

The decisive factor is whether or not people can help with models and maps. Is there any interest among the community to collaborate?

This is a series desperately in need of video game adaptations, a commercial project was shelved last year though interest may increase when the new Sandy Frank production of BOTP is aired later this year.

All comments welcome.