Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The unfair playing field | Forums

Before i start i just wanted to say i really enjoy this game, i think they did a great job on alot of aspects of it. The voice commands, the balance between units and just how it plays over all, but since I'm a Live player there is some complaints which actually ruin the game for me because i primarily play this game online.

I just wanted to see everyone opinion on this and i wanted to state mine.
    Well first off id say it was a very smart idea with the Upgrades, it brings people coming back into the game. Many times i'd loose a battle or just get tired of playing and then id have enough CP to get a new upgrade or just the thought of oohh im this close to getting a new upgrade. Well this idea made me come back to the game many times, but the downside of this which is pretty dramatic. In The Theater of War if you play against people way higher rank then you, it is almost impossible to beat them. Even when id set up a almost superb defense a opponent would just use his upgrades to his advantage, for example i had my artillery all set up with transports and my opponent would just send a UAV and then use his artillery upgrade and send a huge missile that destroyed my artillery. I'd try to re-strategize but he would end up using special attacks and things that would ultimately ruin anything plan i had. Without a balance matchmaking The Theater of War is very frustrating at times because of these unbalanced matches. Now i understand you could not make a balance matchmaking because there is simply not enough people that play EndWar online. So instead you guys could have made the upgrades more simple and fair, instead of a new ability or better armor that makes the game unbalanced give us new skins or cooler armor, different flags something that makes us want to play more without making the environment unbalanced.

With that said i know there is the Open Match, were you can just play with all the upgrades on but as i said before there simply isin't enough people playing EndWar online, to play any of those matches if anyone is playing Endwar online its In The Theater of War, so you guys should have just taken out that other feature and add the local feature in Theater of War and make the online more balance.
    What do you guys think of this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Before i start i just wanted to say i really enjoy this game, i think they did a great job on alot of aspects of it. The voice commands, the balance between units and just how it plays over all, but since I'm a Live player there is some complaints which actually ruin the game for me because i primarily play this game online.

I just wanted to see everyone opinion on this and i wanted to state mine.
    Well first off id say it was a very smart idea with the Upgrades, it brings people coming back into the game. Many times i'd loose a battle or just get tired of playing and then id have enough CP to get a new upgrade or just the thought of oohh im this close to getting a new upgrade. Well this idea made me come back to the game many times, but the downside of this which is pretty dramatic. In The Theater of War if you play against people way higher rank then you, it is almost impossible to beat them. Even when id set up a almost superb defense a opponent would just use his upgrades to his advantage, for example i had my artillery all set up with transports and my opponent would just send a UAV and then use his artillery upgrade and send a huge missile that destroyed my artillery. I'd try to re-strategize but he would end up using special attacks and things that would ultimately ruin anything plan i had. Without a balance matchmaking The Theater of War is very frustrating at times because of these unbalanced matches. Now i understand you could not make a balance matchmaking because there is simply not enough people that play EndWar online. So instead you guys could have made the upgrades more simple and fair, instead of a new ability or better armor that makes the game unbalanced give us new skins or cooler armor, different flags something that makes us want to play more without making the environment unbalanced.

With that said i know there is the Open Match, were you can just play with all the upgrades on but as i said before there simply isin't enough people playing EndWar online, to play any of those matches if anyone is playing Endwar online its In The Theater of War, so you guys should have just taken out that other feature and add the local feature in Theater of War and make the online more balance.
    What do you guys think of this?

I totally agree with this post!!!

& hopefully a lott of other players too...

I totally disagree. The advantage you get with the upgrades is what makes this game good. I think you need to come up with a new strategy as well because I made a new account 2 weeks ago so all my units were recruits with no upgrades and I HAVEN'T LOST ONE GAME YET. You only get a slight advantage with the upgrades, but a good strategy will always beat a fully upgraded battalion no matter what.

I disagree. It is not that the other person has better upgrades that ruins it. It is the fact that he will intentionally kill off your units too.
    TW Lacis Ghost
    Tactical Warfare EndWar Division
    Battlefield Commander
    http://tw.tghq.org

I have to disagree with this post as well...

The upgrades provide a very unique aspect that, as you said, brings people back to the game. Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone is going to spend hours playing this game only to gain a new armor color or some other upgrade that gives them no advantage whatsoever...I think the only way to solve this is to create matches based off of commander rank. There are enough people playing, especially at the lower levels, to make such a thing work. In addition, being able to choose rank range you want to play against would also help with this problem. This would enable people who want a challenge to play someone of a higher rank, and if not they could play someone close to their rank.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by divac7777:
    I totally disagree. The advantage you get with the upgrades is what makes this game good. I think you need to come up with a new strategy as well because I made a new account 2 weeks ago so all my units were recruits with no upgrades and I HAVEN'T LOST ONE GAME YET. You only get a slight advantage with the upgrades, but a good strategy will always beat a fully upgraded battalion no matter what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey there is only so much you can do, but when you are trying to attack them and they have artillery set up and transports near to block any gunship attacks and tanks around them all you can do is use gunships to scout them and hope your artillery kills them before they see you. but when that happens they just use air strike or anything.. i really doubt you havent LOST ONCE. that's bull**** or if you haven't you playing with good buddies and your enemies suck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Apollo457:
    I have to disagree with this post as well...

The upgrades provide a very unique aspect that, as you said, brings people back to the game. Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone is going to spend hours playing this game only to gain a new armor color or some other upgrade that gives them no advantage whatsoever...I think the only way to solve this is to create matches based off of commander rank. There are enough people playing, especially at the lower levels, to make such a thing work. In addition, being able to choose rank range you want to play against would also help with this problem. This would enable people who want a challenge to play someone of a higher rank, and if not they could play someone close to their rank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually no, there isn't enough people maybe if there were only 2 factions but there is 3 and its to diverse. They should have just done what Call of Duty 4 did on the upgrades, make it so people who start off aren't significantly outgraded by their oppenents in cod4 you started off with a great weapon and if you were good you could dominate in Endwar you start off with nothing just normal attack and if your good you will get raped and if your great you maybe could pull it off.

Well, the specific number of people playing is something we really can't argue about because quite frankly i don't know it, and I don't think anyone, including the people at Ubi, know it. Despite this, I am convinced that the only viable way to solve this problem is to divide up the beginners form the veterans.

However, in order to refute ur argument outright, assume for a moment that you remove the upgrade system and replace it with something that basically only provides aesthetic benefits.

First off you would lose almost the entire veteran community because all of their hard work would have vanished, and they would no longer have any long term goal to work towards. Unless of course their goal wasn't to have the most kick *** army ever assembled and it was instead to have the prettiest army ever assembled for all to admire as they were pounded into oblivion. (perhaps a little excessive, but moving on...)

Second, beginners that first pick up the game would start, lose 5 games in a row, and give up on the game completely. Now your probably thinking: "they lose 5 games in a row now, so they would have a chance if u took away all the upgrades" This unfortunately is not the case and it would only create an extremely unoriginal type of play that consisted of a handful of strategies, being played over and over and over again...basically it becomes a game in which the guy who can memorize the button/voice command combinations better wins. On the other hand with the upgrade system, there is a fundamentally limitless number of strategies to implement in any given battle.

Third, the long term commitment built up between you and your units would vanish. Sure, it would be great if some people would stop crying about their upgraded units dieing, but look at the connection this game has created between it and its players. For example, imagine you are within inches of total victory in a battle that has lasted for well over 30min and your opponent EMP and WMDs ur command vehcile, killing it instantly, and o ya, ur command vehicle WAS a rank of legendary, had been completely upgraded, and had been with you since the beginning of the game...you can't find that type of pure hatred for the enemy anywhere else. I guarantee you the game would change drastically if you removed this unique bond between player and units...

Either way tho it really doesn't matter because the basic response i have been getting from the staff at ubi is that "we don't really care about our community's imput, so we created this forum with one moderator who can't make suggestions to the higher ups and just spits out generic response's time and time again"...as you may notice I have very little patience, especially when it appears that our efforts are getting us nowhere...however, in order to not completely alienate the people at Ubi form my suggestions, I will say that I still have hope that eventually one day our cries will be heard and all of the effort put forth by the community here will pay off...

the seabase is unfair to euros, america just sits up there and theres nothing europ can do, hard to get visual and they get airstrike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast