Thread: [Mac] Monitor goes black! | Forums

Hello there

I've installed Revelation succesfully, but can't start it. The monitor goes all black after clickin' the MystIV-icon and it stays that way. I'm using a Powermac dual 1.8 GHz with 1.5 Gig Ram and System 10.3.5. So it's all fine with the system requirements.

Anybody?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Try turning off 'special immersion effects' in graphics options - see post below.

What graphics card you got?

Hi padea

I don't even get to the graphics options. The game doesn't launch at all. Doubleclick on Myst IV-icon - and it's good night. Black screen until I force it with alt/cmd/esc back to desktop. Graphics card is GeForce FX5200 64MB VRAM. I know I'm by far not the only one with this prob.

greez

Run the configurator. Progrma is "myst_detection" not sure if it comes on the mac or not, but it is on the PC....
    ---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.

Are you using an LCD? At what resolution do you run your screen? Also, what htz is your current refresh rate?

No LCD, it's a 19" LaCie electron blue monitor. I run it at 1280x1024 at a refresh of 85H. I've deinstalled and reinstalled the game - same story. Ubi can't explain what's goin on

Thx

P.S.
    I've changed the resolution to 800x600 BEFORE trying to launch "IV" .....well, you know the story.

Try running your desktop resolution to 1024x768 and change your htz to 60. See if that fixes the problem. What color resolution are you using?