Thread: Please convince me that SHIV isn't just rehash SHIII w/Graphix improvements...??? | Forums

I was really looking forward to this game but after hearing the initial reports I'm really skeptical now.

FOR INSTANCE:

It seems that the rez is still locked at 1024x768 and no FSAA forcing...

Missing sounds or reused sounds from SHIII...

Less crew movement activity than SHIII...they don't move around at all...

Less crew interaction..you can't click on them...

Unable to click on stations and controls to use them...

Less informative damage control screen...

Less sub interiors...

And unfortunately the list seems to grow as more are getting the game.

It actually seems that this series is moving backward. Maybe the Devs just rehashed SHIII and were cut short by UBI for development time.

Now, before I run out and make a purchase here...please convinve me (those who have the game currently) that this game is a worthy purchase and step forward in the series from SHIII with all the latest mods?
    "The real question is: for how long will UBI support SH4 and the community before leaving us behind."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I was really looking forward to this game but after hearing the initial reports I'm really skeptical now.

FOR INSTANCE:

It seems that the rez is still locked at 1024x768 and no FSAA forcing...

Missing sounds or reused sounds from SHIII...

Less crew movement activity than SHIII...they don't move around at all...

Less crew interaction..you can't click on them...

Unable to click on stations and controls to use them...

Less informative damage control screen...

Less sub interiors...

And unfortunately the list seems to grow as more are getting the game.

It actually seems that this series is moving backward. Maybe the Devs just rehashed SHIII and were cut short by UBI for development time.

Now, before I run out and make a purchase here...please convinve me (those who have the game currently) that this game is a worthy purchase and step forward in the series from SHIII with all the latest mods?
    "The real question is: for how long will UBI support SH4 and the community before leaving us behind."

honestly playing this game doesnt remind me of silent hunter 3...this game isnt in the same franchise its not even related....and that bad!

easy to use? where? it took me two days to even be good enough to play with any realism..the keys are confusing and the station navigation stinks....your the onlly crew member because the others are all dumb and might as well not be there...you control torpedos, sonar, radar, damage, AA, deck gun, sight, plot etc...i dont want to do that thats what a crew is for...in silent hunter III you felt like a captain in this ur the slave...to urself....

anyway its got great graphics cept for no AA and you can't raise the resolution...gameplay is about the same minus the AI...and ins kinda like the first silent hunter in the pacific except it has better graphics...other than that its buggy...

I kinda felll out of interest in SHIII and that was with the great mod's which made it so much better.

I got an e-mail and thought wow is the game out!

Then I read a good few post on here and a few other sites and it sounds Bad. Buggy all the way, even on a TV they were saying how poor it was.

They have to learn to not release the dam things till there done, this it ships this date no matter makes us out to be fools. Thankfully I've not bought it as if I did I would not be happy at all.......