Thread: Online play problem | Forums

Does anyone know why I cannot Join/Watch any games online? I connect to the lobby without errors, I see everyone online an games being played, but I cannot connect to any. If I create a new game - it lists, but no-one can connect to it. I have loaded the patch. CMX online play works perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Does anyone know why I cannot Join/Watch any games online? I connect to the lobby without errors, I see everyone online an games being played, but I cannot connect to any. If I create a new game - it lists, but no-one can connect to it. I have loaded the patch. CMX online play works perfectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tribbes:
    Does anyone know why I cannot Join/Watch any games online? I connect to the lobby without errors, I see everyone online an games being played, but I cannot connect to any. If I create a new game - it lists, but no-one can connect to it. I have loaded the patch. CMX online play works perfectly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you noticed, the Join and Watch buttons are initially grayed out right after a new game is discovered. That means that in that moment there is not an available connection between your computer and the computer that hosts the game. Until that connection is not established, you cannot join that game either for playing or watching it.

If one of those buttons do not become available after a few seconds, it means that you or the host of the server might have a network setup (proxy/firewall or a combination of these) that do not allow a direct connection between the stations.

Can you please be more specific about what is happening to you or if you get any error while trying to connect to a game?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CM XI Dev

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TedSummers:
    The simple answer is that it's another bug. I have also had the same problem. It seems to be very much a case of hit or miss. I don't understand why Ubisoft would want to make changes to a product that they have still not worked out all of it's bugs 1st. I think they view us as people who pay to be beta testers. I find this product to be in some ways better, yet in other ways worst than CMX. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please post constructive posts in the future.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CM XI Dev

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Orcafied:
    If you noticed, the Join and Watch buttons are initially grayed out right after a new game is discovered. That means that in that moment there is not an available connection between your computer and the computer that hosts the game. Until that connection is not established, you cannot join that game either for playing or watching it.

If one of those buttons do not become available after a few seconds, it means that you or the host of the server might have a network setup (proxy/firewall or a combination of these) that do not allow a direct connection between the stations.

Can you please be more specific about what is happening to you or if you get any error while trying to connect to a game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not receive any error messages. I connect to the lobby but, as you indicated in your post, the Join and Watch buttons are greyed out. I do not have any firewall except Windows firewall (Vista) which I have disabled totaly to test - but no joy. I am using a wirless internet connection - could it be that the lag is too much and I get automatically disabled for normal games? The CC games work for me. Also as in my original post - CMX works perfectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tribbes:
    I do not receive any error messages. I connect to the lobby but, as you indicated in your post, the Join and Watch buttons are greyed out. I do not have any firewall except Windows firewall (Vista) which I have disabled totaly to test - but no joy. I am using a wirless internet connection - could it be that the lag is too much and I get automatically disabled for normal games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The lag should not affect the connectivity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The CC games work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The CC games do not require a direct connection. They should work always.
    CM XI Dev

And check ure ports before...

Well, I can't explain this... I installed the game, and it automatically updated to latest patch. Login, and was able to get 3 games to work. Now I can't even play online.. Gray'd out all the time. If I create a game no one can join. No changes to network or O/S (XP) or firewalls etc..

And I don't seem to notice any players currently in a game either?

I'm having the same issue - grayed out 'watch' and 'join' button. This is not a firewall issue with me - it seems to be a bug. I'm very happy with the game but this particular issue is a bummer. I hope Ubisoft is paying attention and working on a fix.

Update: I have McAfee installed. So I opened the ports specified in the manual and it seems to be working now. I just got my beginner *** kicked twice to prove it. Cheers

Pg 31 of the manual: Configuring the network states that one should open the following ports:
    TCP: 668, 40000-42999
    UDP: 41006, 44000, 45000, 45001, 17110