Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Would China ever attack the U.S | Forums

This is a purly a political discousion.
    So would China ever attack the U.S? I say yes.
    Now let the ranting begin!
    LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This is a purly a political discousion.
    So would China ever attack the U.S? I say yes.
    Now let the ranting begin!

Hey! Don't you know that political discussions are forbidden in this forum?

China has no capacity to attack the US itself except with ICBMs, and that would be suicide. I have no doubt they'll be clashing in the Middle East and Asia as the resource wars heat up.

Ahh i see someone is trying to challenge the authority !

You are still very young and still have much to learn my young padawan.

But to answer the question : Nope.

Why ?

Germany has reserved itself all copyrights for "World war Nr.3" 60 years ago .

But we will inform you in time when we decide to make use of them or sell them to someone.

"That one over there" - Oswald Boelcke pointing at Manfred von Richthofen after having been asked who of the rookies shows most of whats required to become a great fighter pilot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rls669:
    China has no capacity to attack the US itself except with ICBMs, and that would be suicide. I have no doubt they'll be clashing in the Middle East and Asia as the resource wars heat up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, except that few countries in the world have the ability to strike at other countries over long distances (US, Russia, England and China are the current countries and Russia's units are in such terrible shape that they wouldn't work anymore). Countries like Korea, Iran will completely develop Nuclear power AND atomic weapons long before they have the technology to lauch intercontinental missles. Delivery of nuclear devices (or any other long range attacks) is ridiculously difficult and most attempts to "Nuke" us from far (even if they did create a missle that could fly the distance) would result in a large missle hitting an incorrect area of the US with no detonation. ICBM's account for wind, rotation of the earth, distance, trajectory, etc and detonate just a few moments before striking the ground for maximum damage. If not detonated, it would smash into the ground, split into pieces and destroy the complex structure of the bomb rendering it useless (other than the radiation poisoning to those coming near it to "check it out"). China's current ICBM inventory is inferior to the US by a long shot, inaccurate and unable to guarantee a detonation. The US could detect a pre-launch from China within minutes while they "heat up" their missiles, make calls to have it stopped and release and strike with their "Minuteman" missles all before China got complete their launch. China also does not have air or ship capabilities to strike the US. The only way to beat the US would be if the US "invaded" China's mainland which would result in 500,000 troops versus 1.3 BILLION people (read a massacre of US troops) just by the sheer numbers.

Banned
    My old friend Nostradamus says that:-

The 'West' will attack the east (Iraq/Iran) and when the west thinks this is over the 'Yellow tide from the east' will sweep the west away..

Now where's my really big padlock to 'slot' over my really small brain..

They've attacked us already.

Invaded, and carried our jobs back with them to China.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"Nietzsche is boring and stupid." - Leo Tolstoy

True but I didint mean a invasion/nuke attack(no one is that dumb) sominthing along the lines of this.

Senario-
    China invades Tiwan(corect my spelling) and to prevent the U.S from intervening(to restore democracy) Chinese SSK's and SSN's attack U.S shiping and warships/sub's.

Could that happen?

I'm sure it's possible, though i think it more likely that they would have others on their side. By themselves countries might not be able to match the US, if they feel threatened at some point maybe they'll form an alliance?
    Maybe not, just a thought.

And before you think it's tactically stupid, look at what they're already doing in Iraq and Afganistan. I don't believe for a second that they will win that.
    Go look at history as far back as you like and
    you will find that the east has never lost, ever.
    The romans got nowhere with them, the crusades took control of most of their cities but they took them back eventually, as i believe will happen again.

That's just my opinion after studying a lot of historical warfare.
    I expect this thread to be closed, but i'll gladly argue my opinion (in a mature manner) with anyone. Maybe i am wrong, maybe someone will teach me something? I'm willing to see.

D.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast