Thread: Real or Fake? Giant robots take over! | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Lol. Well, the general consensus is that this is some far out underground advertisement campaign by bmw, but check it out anyway.

http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/

It's very realistic looking. If it is an ad, its too much money for the small amt of ppl who are going to see it (relative to a tv commercial) If its' real, its really neat. However, i dunno about that car stop test, even tho the car is pretty slow if it can do that its a strong **** robot. In which case it would make the creator millions, cuz that would be perfect for so many things, military use number one on the list

Here's the story that picks it apart
    http://www.2walls.com/antipop_culture/men_of_metal.asp

this is what suggests ad, cuz for them to have put booklets in all of those high dollar mags, they have to have some money.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Lol. Well, the general consensus is that this is some far out underground advertisement campaign by bmw, but check it out anyway.

http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/

It's very realistic looking. If it is an ad, its too much money for the small amt of ppl who are going to see it (relative to a tv commercial) If its' real, its really neat. However, i dunno about that car stop test, even tho the car is pretty slow if it can do that its a strong **** robot. In which case it would make the creator millions, cuz that would be perfect for so many things, military use number one on the list

Here's the story that picks it apart
    http://www.2walls.com/antipop_culture/men_of_metal.asp

this is what suggests ad, cuz for them to have put booklets in all of those high dollar mags, they have to have some money.

Weird...and not entirely convincing. Some of the videos (especially the "Car Stopping" one) looked very CG-ish when it came to the robot. And the, in the article, when the author mentions that the "Doctor"'s address (and web server) is the same as a Commercial Post-Production facility, that just kinda ruins the whole thing for me, ya know.

I definitely think this is some sort of extravagant ad campaign...for who/what, I'm not sure, but from the sound of things, I'd probably lean toward Mini Cooper.

Whatever it is, it's pretty well done, and it looks really cool. And if, somehow, it's true, I want one!!

"Those who have long enjoyed such priveleges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." --Franklin D. Roosevelt
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...that's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a hull and a deck and sails--that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...is freed

crazy....some of it looks a bit "fixed" but cool and interesting

you would look so cool riding one to work....the ladies would come flockin...maybe?

quote's/quip's
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    purple alert! purple alert!...........what's a purple alert?.......well...it's not as bad as a red alert but a bit worse then a blue alert, maybe a mauve alert

quote's/quip's
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    purple alert! purple alert!...........what's a purple a