Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio Stations and Music Mods | Forums

I just wish that the DEV team would patch in a song randomizer from within the game. It gets old listening to the same old songs over and over again in each new campaign. Now I find myself hitting the forward button a lot to skip 20-30 songs so I can finally hear something new. It's irritating!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TalladegaHack:
    I just wish that the DEV team would patch in a song randomizer from within the game. It gets old listening to the same old songs over and over again in each new campaign. Now I find myself hitting the forward button a lot to skip 20-30 songs so I can finally hear something new. It's irritating! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a thought TH. The way I handle my music is to only load 20 to 30 songs at a time. I change them on a regular basis. I have a folder on my desktop with all my SHIV shortcuts in it. I have one for the gramophone and another that opens the folder with all my music in it. I open them both and drag and drop before a patrol. I usually do this once a week. I do the same thing with the radio music. With over 950 songs available from fred8615, you can have all the variety you want.

"Dog down the hatches and take her deep boys!"
    [url=http://forums.ubi.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TalladegaHack:
    I just wish that the DEV team would patch in a song randomizer from within the game. It gets old listening to the same old songs over and over again in each new campaign. Now I find myself hitting the forward button a lot to skip 20-30 songs so I can finally hear something new. It's irritating! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Radio stations do play music randomly, though apparently the gramophone doesn't. But there is a program for that here:

http://files.filefront.com/SongRando.../fileinfo.html

Just put it in the "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" folder, create a shortcut to it, then run it before you run the game.

And dgrayson: it's actually over 1,600 songs now.

I've added an Armed Forces Radio Service Add-on file, and have begun mirroring the Radio Saigon mod. See the first post in this thread for details.

Banned
    Perfect timing for this thread, I just lost all my Gramophone music/news broadcasts because I had to re-install Windows. You're a life saver Fred. I also want to share some more with you, Bunkerratt also has a nice collection. As they say, share and share alike.

Thanks Fred. I finally had some decent bandwidth yesterday so I could download the large stations without a hitch.

Much appreciated, Sir!

Art

Silent Hunter Pacific Thunder Campaign website:
    http://www.subsowespac.org/

I've added a new station! Please see the first post for info and download link.

I do need to point out a couple of items. While there are some holes in the available Superman episodes, when it is on, it's an every weekday show. But it's also only 15 minutes long.

The Lone Ranger on the other hand, is 30 minutes long and comes on three times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Again, I couldn't find all the episodes, but I do have most of them.

So if that kind of radio listening isn't your cup of tea, don't say I didn't warn you!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast