Thread: Revelation Illuminated | Forums

The first fan site I found when I got into the Myst Series was "Riven Illuminated." I have no clue how Stewart Bradford, the author, new all the stuff he did but I didn't care. I soaked the whole site in and read everything there. It is probably one of the main reasons why Riven remains my all time favorite game.

But I got to thinking, what about Myst Illuminated, Exile Illuminated, or Revelation Illuminated?

Does anyone know why Mr. Bradford hasn't done anything else or why someone else hasn't done this? Or if they have, where?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The first fan site I found when I got into the Myst Series was "Riven Illuminated." I have no clue how Stewart Bradford, the author, new all the stuff he did but I didn't care. I soaked the whole site in and read everything there. It is probably one of the main reasons why Riven remains my all time favorite game.

But I got to thinking, what about Myst Illuminated, Exile Illuminated, or Revelation Illuminated?

Does anyone know why Mr. Bradford hasn't done anything else or why someone else hasn't done this? Or if they have, where?

Well, AFAIK Riven Illuminated was built in the footsteps of Myst and Riven Illustrated, which used to be hosted on RivenGuild, but was salvaged by the collective efforts of a few and is now back online here: http://www.dpwr.net/illustrated
    ----------
    Guild of Archivists,
    D'niPedia Writers Ring (DPWR.NET)
    Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Do not PM me for tech support or hint requests for the Myst series

I know this is a SUPER old thread but I only just stumbled on it. I am the "Stewart Bradford" that created the Riven Illuminated site. My initial inspiration for creating the site was indeed Myst and Riven Illustrated as Alahmnat said but clearly my site is something entirely different.

To answer Stryper's question, the reason I never create sites about the original Myst, Exile or Revelation was that they really were just for the most part "games". Riven really felt like a real world. It was and always will be a true work of art and creative genius. The depth of story and character present in Riven is just not present in any of the other games. Uru came close but was sadly cut down before it had a chance to flourish.

And if by chance Stryper you read this I'm so very happy that I was able to share my deep love and passion for Riven with you (and everyone else). It is for me too the greatest "gaming" (I hate to even refer to it as a game) experience I have ever had. I'm glad my site was able to enrichen your experience of it as well.