Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Q&A Thread - Updated Oct 29, 08 | Forums

Hi everyone,

I'm Clarence, your Community Developer for Naruto: The Broken Bond. I'm a huge fan of action adventure titles and I LOVE fighting games, so being your inside-man for this game is a real honour and pleasure. I work very closely with the Development Team and the game is shaping up to be the best Naruto game to date. Most importantly, it's true to the anime! Naruto: The Broken Bond is going to be a bigger, darker, non-linear, heavily story-driven game that improves on Naruto: Rise of a Ninja in every way!

I bet you have many questions you'd like to ask the developers. Post your questions in this Official "Direct From The Source" thread and I'll pick the best questions to ask the team directly. I will then have a response for you early September after the GC Leipzig event in Germany.

To top things off, my Gamertag is UBI LevelUp. Feel free to send me a friend request and we'll play a match or two in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja! Please don't send me questions on XBOX Live about Naruto: The Broken Bond. Instead, post them in this thread so that it can be shared with everyone. Thanks, and see you online!

*Update Sept 22/08*

Here you go! We also have a Q&A video coming up as well. Thank you for the questions, and keep them coming!

Q: Does each character have unique combos and grabs this time?

A: All the characters now have signature combos that bring forth each character's personality and uniqueness, as well as making everyone feel more like their anime counterpart. We also added a new Air Grab that can be used in air combos (if you're skilled enough to chain it).

Q: What modifications have been made to characters to balance out the game play? (e.g. take away unlimited chakra that some characters have and replace it with a bit more power or whatever.)

A: Each character now has an equivalent amount of chakra to perform their Jutsus or substitution. We also gave a lot more emphasis on the blocking in this game, and tried to prevent some abuse with the reversal attacks. This game will be much more about having a set of different abilities and learn how to master them depending on the situation in order put them to the best usage possible.

Q: Apart from the 2 vs 2 mode, could you tell us some more about online?

A: The online section will have several game modes. There's the Quick match and Custom Match modes, which are playable in solo, tag team and ranked mode. There's also the online tournament, in which you start as a student in the Ninja Academy, and will need to pass fight exams to progress as a ninja, earn new ranks, and maybe become Hokage! There will also be worldwide rankings of 1 vs 1 fights. And yes, there will be an online lobby system

Q: Is there going to be spectating mode? (So people can watch fights and clan battle results can't be forged.)

A: No. You'll be able to see in the leaderboards the progress and the ninja ranks of all your friends.

Q: Will there be a sufficient amount of dlc? i mean u developed a game that ended the part 1 series, so theres no reason to hold back on characters this time around. characters like minato namikaze,hashirama senju, the second hokage even hinabi should be playable through dlc.

A: For now there is no plan to release any characters for download. This time around we've decided to include every character on the disc! Stay tuned, we will release more information about DLCs soon.

Q: Will the story mode include any multiplayer features or is it full on single player?

A: The journey mode is single player. Fight mode is 2-4 players.

Q: As seen in the first teaser trailer of the game, you were able to see curse mark transformations on the characters. Will there be any other transformations for any other characters? Will these transformations only be available in rage mode? Or be able to be used freely? Will there be a certain time limit to these transformations? And finally will new move sets be available to use after transformation including new Jutsus?

A: There will definitely be more transformations for different characters. We won't go much into them right now... there are some surprises coming!

Q: Is the hidden leaf village going to be extended more like the anime?

A: We are in constant relations with the creators of Naruto, validating every element we create for the game, and the Leaf Village is very faithful to the anime. If you follow the anime, you'll know the status of the village after Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and our game is very faithful to the look.

Q: Will all Jutsu's be 2 inputs such as (up, down)?

A: For most of them yes, but some special Jutsus will require a special combination that's not just 2 inputs like up and down.

Q: How have the developers removed the disconnection problems?

A: The disconnection problems were fixed shortly after we released the last game, so the problem doesn't exist in The Broken Bond -- it's been fixed in our code from the very beginning of development.

Q: Will we be able to transfer Naruto's abilities and scrolls from RoaN?

A: No. When you begin Naruto: The Broken Bond, you will have all the abilities that Naruto had at the end of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and you will learn new abilities which are true with the story.

Q: Can there be an option to turn off Rage Modes? And can it be removed from Ranked Matches?

A: The Rage mode is now a special power that the player will have to acquire thanks to his skills. And launching it will be a calculated choice, because it will restrict other fight moves. So now the Rage is completely balanced within the fight system.

Q: How much open world exploration/action will there be?

A: The world outside Konoha is bigger and better than in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja! There's a lot to explore, and many hidden places to discover!

Q: How much time you can spend with the Story mode?

A: The story mode is much longer than Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and quite a decent length. And there are many mini games/side missions that will keep you entertained throughout your journey. As for how long the game itself will take? I'm not sure because I keep playing all the mini games *laughs*, but more than 15 hours for the first play through is my guess (without side missions/mini games).

Q: Will there be any weapons used in the game? Swords? Katanas? Shurikens? Exploding Shurikens? Blades (the ones asuma has)?

A : All characters can use kunai, and many characters fight with weapons (Kisame, Sarutobi, Temari, etc).

Q: Are there any on-water stages or on-wall stages?

A: We don't want to spoil anything just yet. Keep watching for videos and you'll see something soon.

Q: Is there going to be bigger arenas?

A: Some are like Naruto : Rise of a Ninja. Most of them are bigger indeed, and some are just EPIC in size, leaving you plenty of room to dodge and counterattack the opponent.

Q: Will there be more enemies than the same random bandits/ninja that popped up over and over.

A: Compared to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (with about 7 enemy models), there are now over 70 different enemy models.

*Update Oct 7/08*

Q: Will you improve the combat system & add depth to the combats?

A: Of course! We balanced the characters and fine-tuned gameplay elements that the community had given us feedback on, which has enhanced all of the gameplay elements that made ROAN fighting so much fun. The result is a very balanced fighting system that truly shows the meaning of teamwork and skill, as well as hardcore enough for true Hokages to really show what they're made of, on the ground, in the air, or both.

Q: 25 characters is definitely not every character. Assuming you kept the Konoha 12 rookies, their teachers, the sound 4, the sand shinobi, the sanin and Kabuto - that adds up to more than 25.

A: My apologies for the confusion. What I meant by "every character" is that every character playable in the game will be available on the disc instead of from a DLC. We don't want players to have to wait for a DLC; however, some fighters need to be unlocked. Hope that clarifies things.

Q: What makes combat mode different from ROAN?

A: We've made some innovative changes that I think fans will really like: For one, you can air block and air substitute (imagine performing an air substitution countered by your own air combo). You can also air recover (you can manually recover when someone launches you up but doesn't pursue you into the air). We also have a number of real-time Jutsus. For example, Neji's Kaiten Justu is performed in real-time instead of cutting away from the fight. Not to mention we have a true tag-team mode, online and offline. If that wasn't enough, there are tag-team moves, air grabs, air kunai dash and more. We will have plenty of videos available for you on UPLAY.com and narutoxbox360game.com between now and the release of the game.

Q: Will NTBB look even better – if possible – than ROAN?

A: While one would think it couldn't be possible to make it even more stunning than ROAN, we've made some changes that have enhanced visual elements and presentation in The Broken Bond. We had a lot of anime cut-scenes to tell the story in ROAN, this time around we did everything with 3D cut-scenes using our in-game engine. The results provide a more consistent and visually pleasing experience. But telling you about the graphics won't do much. Check out our latest trailer available now!

The team who put the trailer together would also like to say a few words:
    "As Naruto fans, we really hope that you enjoy this game as much as we enjoyed creating this trailer. It was truly made by fans for fans. We tried including a lot of cool elements, and there is so much more to discover. Tell us what you think of the trailer and we hope to see you on the playground soon! ENJOY!

Trailer: http://uplay.us.ubi.com/index.php?video=ikjdegd1

Discuss the trailer here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6/m/2381027096

Q: am I wrong to conclude that the normal grabs have not changed and are the same for nearly every character?

A: There are three grab animations from Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and an added Air Grab new to Naruto: The Broken Bond. No throw escapes/reversals.

Q: Will there be quests outside of the village?

A: Yes. You will get plenty of missions outside of Konoha. In fact, for 1/3 of the game, all the missions are assigned outside the village in various places. Where? Where indeed.....

Q: will there be other villages?

A: It depends on your definition of Village. There is more than one "town", if that is what you are asking. If by village you mean mini-towns with shops, various houses, tons of NPCs and activities, roads and paths, then yes there are quite a few of them. I can't stress how huge the world of Naruto: The Broken Bond is compared to ROAN.

Q: Will there be a Training Mode?

A: Yes! And I am very, very excited about it because its one of our newest, coolest features. There is a "Dojo" mode where you have the option of learning each combo through a tutorial, or train on your own in free-training!

A message from our Fight Game Designer:
    "The lack of a training mode was something that really saddened us in the first Naruto game. This time around, we really put a lot of effort into making a dojo experience fun and efficient for every type of gamer since it has been one of the most requested modes from the Naruto community. We hope the dojo will be a useful tool to everyone and help every Naruto : The Broken Bond player to enjoy our fights more than ever "

*Update Oct 8/08*

Q: can there be a way to have clan battles?

A: Although NTBB does not have clan options, you can invite your friends to your team and play 2 vs 2 online matches.

Q: will there be alt. outfits?

A: There are alternate outfits if the same character is being used on opposite teams. Some characters have more than 2 outfits.

Q: will there be more than one main jutsu per charater and will they be more cool and flashy?

A: Each character will have "at least" one signature Jutsu. Most of them will have" two or more" signature Jutsus that no other character has.

Q: Can you elaborate on this tournament system? Is it a re-make of the Forest of Death (king of the hill style)? Is there a tournament mode that is actually a traditional tournament (a number of people enter, fight each other progressively until the final where one man wins)?

A: Actually... you get BOTH! NTBB has two types of tournament modes, one online and one single or co-op offline. The offline mode is a "traditional ladder" tournament where you can play alone or with a friend (tag-team). You play against AI opponents from Qualifying Match 1, Qualifying Match 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final match.

As for the online tournament "ranked" mode, I'll turn this over to one of our game designers:

"For the new online tournament, we worked on the base that we had from the first game and improved it on several points. We incorporated a Rank and XP system that allow the player to progress online, from a student to Hokage, passing by Genin, Chunin and Jounin.

To pass each rank, the player will have to win an exam. To get the Hokage rank, it's a little trickier: players will have to be in the top player from the King of the tower to earn the Hokage rank!"

Q: What about the side-missions? Will there be a link to the anime's storyline?

A: The game is filled with side-missions that are character-specific and are linked directly to the anime's storyline. Furthermore, there are tons of activities you can do around various towns/villages. There is also plenty of bonus games that will keep you entertained on the side.

Again, the story mode is clocked at 15+ hours of gameplay the first time through, and that's without side-missions, bonus games, and all the other game modes that come with the package. Throw in a 4 player online tag-team, Dojo, offline single or co-op Ladder Tournament, and an Online Ranked Tournament mode ... you've got a huge Naruto experience waiting for you.

Q: can you give us the character list?

A: We will be announcing more characters in the following weeks. Check back for news on the official forums, UPLAY.com and narutoxbox360game.com

Q: Who are the 7 playable characters in the story?

A: Some characters are playable in the action/adventure portion of the game, and some are playable fighters during story mode: Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba, Choji, Jiraiya, Sakura.... wait a second, was that more than 7? Hold on... I think I missed a few too. BELIEVE IT!

Q: are you saying that you GAIN rage mode through dealing damage rather than getting beaten? If so, I believe you have got it right. A person should earn his right to power, not be handed to him for being beaten up.

A: Exactly! A player will EARN their right to power. For example, the player who lands the first attack will get a large boost of tension. Players who block attacks, bust out Full-Level Jutsus, perform Air Combos, if your team-mate is KO'd, etc, will gain tension. You will also gain a little bit of tension if you are being attacked, but not as much in comparison to performing well. Prove yourself worthy.

*Update Oct 17/08*

Q: Can you clarify the Pre-order gift? Is the bonus gift exclusive to pre-orders only?

A: To clarify on the pre-order gift: When you pre-order the game in US from GameStop, you will be able to unlock Demon Fox Naruto as a playable fighter. In UK, you˜ll get access to the same character if you have a Ubi.com account, which you already have since you're posting on this forum. You can also unlock this character in the journey mode. By pre-ordering the game in the US/registering your Ubi.com account in the UK, you can play as Demon Fox Naruto on the first day you pop in the disc.

Q: Can you confirm there will be 30 playable characters in the game?

A: There will be 30 character slots in the VS menu. There are 28 completely different characters, and bonus variations of Naruto and Sasuke.

*Update Oct 29/08*

Q: will there be the original Japanese Voices on the disc when the game is officially released or will it be a DLC like RoaN?

A: Japanese voices will be on the disc.

Q: Is there going to be coin collecting in this awsome sequel?

A: Yes, and you can use them to unlock and upgrade items throughout your journey.

Q: you got a nice haircut

A: That wasn't really a question... but thank you!

Q: When free roaming, how will the villagers react to you now that you earned their respect in the previous game? Will the NPCs be moving so you have to look for them, or will they just stand in one place all day like they have nothing else to do?

A: The dynamics of the NPCs are slightly different than in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. First of all, each NPC is interactive (you can speak to them). Some characters move around while others stay still depending on what they are doing. Depending on the time of day, certain areas will be more populated, and people will be less active at night. There's more than half-a-grand of NPCs scattered throughout the world of Naruto: The Broken Bond, and that doesn't include the characters you fight.

Q: Will kibas dog akamaru be in some of kibas combos or is it jus jutsus?

A: Akamaru will play an important role when using Kiba. You'll see.

Q: Who or what is "Fox Team"?

A: The Fox Team is a collective bunch of die-hard Naruto fans at the Ubisoft Montreal Studios. They are the developers who brought you Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and now The Broken Bond.

Q: Why did u make the festival city playable and not tanzaku town?

A: Tanzaku Town is the name of the Festival City.

Q: can you tell for us, if zabuza and haku from naruto: rise of a ninja will be playble on this game??? and if they will playble, will you improve them ???

A: Yes, I can confirm that Zabuza and Haku are playable in this game. All characters who are returning have been upgraded with our new fighting game mechanics.

Q: For the benefit of a recent discussion, will jutsu make the rage bar at the bottom depelete? If, say, Sasuke had 1 slot filled, and used Sharingan, would it deplete at all? Or would he still have that one slot full? Also, if you have 2 slots full and use a 1st slot jutsu, how will that work? Pretty much, my question is for an elaboration on the Rage Mode Bar at the bottom.

A: No, performing Jutsus will not make the Rage Meter deplete. The Rage Meter has been upgraded for Naruto: The Broken Bond to reward skilled fighters and balance gameplay, as well as optimized for team gameplay. The meter shows the progression of your fighter and is shared by the team. It unlocks the ability to perform Jutsus. However, it does not get depleted when performing Jutsus. Only Chakra (blue meter under the health bar) gets depleted when performing Jutsus. As a result, playing as a team can be a good strategy because some characters can easily augment the rage meter while your friends tag in to perform a powerful Jutsu. If you or your partner activates Rage Mode, the rage meter gets depleted and your team will need to build the meter again.

The Rage Meter is divided into 3 bars. The first bar unlocks the ability to perform real-time Jutsus, such as Sasuke's Sharingan or Neji's Eight Triagrams Palm Rotation. The second bar unlocks the gameplay Jutsu's such as Naruto's Shadow Clone or Kakashi's Raikiri. The last bar gives you two options: activate rage mode, or perform any of the previous Jutsus with an added "charging" ability. You hold the Jutsu button longer to add extra Chakra for a more damaging attack!

Q: Will EVERTHING under the sun have shadows?

A: The dev team is working very hard on insuring the world of Naruto looks beautiful and livelier than ever before. The lighting effects have been vastly improved.

Q: What I want to know about is Tsunade. How is she in this game? Every Naruto game I have played so far portrayed her as a strictly power/slow type forgetting that as a medical ninja, she's quick and able to dodge most attacks. She's supposed to be a mixture of power and speed.

A: Tsunade is possibly in the top-tier of most powerful characters in the game. She's not the speediest fighter, but can easily dodge attacks depending on how skilled you are. One of her major assets is her Mitotic Regeneration Jutsu which is an instant health-regen (compared to Sakura who can heal over-time).

Q: Can the players of TBB just use 2 characters online or is it required to work with someone else?

A: When playing online, each player controls 1 fighter of their choice.

Q: Will this game have original music from the anime like the 1st one?

A: Most definitely! Both Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond have original music from the anime. Some songs from the anime began after Episode 80, which we included in Naruto: The Broken Bond.

Q: Will you be able to run on water automatically?

A: Yes, you will be able to run automatically on water in the story mode, so you will not need to use Chakra Concentration. Since these abilities were learned in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, we did not want to force players to use hand-seals every time they wanted to walk on water or run up walls/trees. As you walk on water, you must tap the X button consistently to keep your balance. This is also the same for running vertically up walls. Another cool technique is jumping off a building then running up a wall of another building.

Q: Will we play as Sasuke during his childhood memories?

A: Sasuke's childhood memories are shown as flashback cut-scenes. However, you will be able to play "inside Sasuke's mind"... you'll know what I mean when you play the game.

Q: will we be able to punch, kick and such outside of fights?

A: You can break items (such as barrels and bins) throughout the journey modes similar to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja.

Q: Is there going to be a playable demo on the marketplace?

A: Yes, there will be free demo on XBOX Live Marketplace, and I am very pleased to announce that the demo is a Prologue that fills the gap between Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and Naruto: The Broken Bond. The first half of the gameplay is an EXCLUSIVE chapter to the demo itself that explains what happens to Naruto and his friends after Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and before Naruto: The Broken Bond. That's right, the first half of the demo is a chapter made specifically for the demo itself! The second half of the demo lets you play part of Naruto: The Broken Bond! Believe it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,

I'm Clarence, your Community Developer for Naruto: The Broken Bond. I'm a huge fan of action adventure titles and I LOVE fighting games, so being your inside-man for this game is a real honour and pleasure. I work very closely with the Development Team and the game is shaping up to be the best Naruto game to date. Most importantly, it's true to the anime! Naruto: The Broken Bond is going to be a bigger, darker, non-linear, heavily story-driven game that improves on Naruto: Rise of a Ninja in every way!

I bet you have many questions you'd like to ask the developers. Post your questions in this Official "Direct From The Source" thread and I'll pick the best questions to ask the team directly. I will then have a response for you early September after the GC Leipzig event in Germany.

To top things off, my Gamertag is UBI LevelUp. Feel free to send me a friend request and we'll play a match or two in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja! Please don't send me questions on XBOX Live about Naruto: The Broken Bond. Instead, post them in this thread so that it can be shared with everyone. Thanks, and see you online!

*Update Sept 22/08*

Here you go! We also have a Q&A video coming up as well. Thank you for the questions, and keep them coming!

Q: Does each character have unique combos and grabs this time?

A: All the characters now have signature combos that bring forth each character's personality and uniqueness, as well as making everyone feel more like their anime counterpart. We also added a new Air Grab that can be used in air combos (if you're skilled enough to chain it).

Q: What modifications have been made to characters to balance out the game play? (e.g. take away unlimited chakra that some characters have and replace it with a bit more power or whatever.)

A: Each character now has an equivalent amount of chakra to perform their Jutsus or substitution. We also gave a lot more emphasis on the blocking in this game, and tried to prevent some abuse with the reversal attacks. This game will be much more about having a set of different abilities and learn how to master them depending on the situation in order put them to the best usage possible.

Q: Apart from the 2 vs 2 mode, could you tell us some more about online?

A: The online section will have several game modes. There's the Quick match and Custom Match modes, which are playable in solo, tag team and ranked mode. There's also the online tournament, in which you start as a student in the Ninja Academy, and will need to pass fight exams to progress as a ninja, earn new ranks, and maybe become Hokage! There will also be worldwide rankings of 1 vs 1 fights. And yes, there will be an online lobby system

Q: Is there going to be spectating mode? (So people can watch fights and clan battle results can't be forged.)

A: No. You'll be able to see in the leaderboards the progress and the ninja ranks of all your friends.

Q: Will there be a sufficient amount of dlc? i mean u developed a game that ended the part 1 series, so theres no reason to hold back on characters this time around. characters like minato namikaze,hashirama senju, the second hokage even hinabi should be playable through dlc.

A: For now there is no plan to release any characters for download. This time around we've decided to include every character on the disc! Stay tuned, we will release more information about DLCs soon.

Q: Will the story mode include any multiplayer features or is it full on single player?

A: The journey mode is single player. Fight mode is 2-4 players.

Q: As seen in the first teaser trailer of the game, you were able to see curse mark transformations on the characters. Will there be any other transformations for any other characters? Will these transformations only be available in rage mode? Or be able to be used freely? Will there be a certain time limit to these transformations? And finally will new move sets be available to use after transformation including new Jutsus?

A: There will definitely be more transformations for different characters. We won't go much into them right now... there are some surprises coming!

Q: Is the hidden leaf village going to be extended more like the anime?

A: We are in constant relations with the creators of Naruto, validating every element we create for the game, and the Leaf Village is very faithful to the anime. If you follow the anime, you'll know the status of the village after Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and our game is very faithful to the look.

Q: Will all Jutsu's be 2 inputs such as (up, down)?

A: For most of them yes, but some special Jutsus will require a special combination that's not just 2 inputs like up and down.

Q: How have the developers removed the disconnection problems?

A: The disconnection problems were fixed shortly after we released the last game, so the problem doesn't exist in The Broken Bond -- it's been fixed in our code from the very beginning of development.

Q: Will we be able to transfer Naruto's abilities and scrolls from RoaN?

A: No. When you begin Naruto: The Broken Bond, you will have all the abilities that Naruto had at the end of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and you will learn new abilities which are true with the story.

Q: Can there be an option to turn off Rage Modes? And can it be removed from Ranked Matches?

A: The Rage mode is now a special power that the player will have to acquire thanks to his skills. And launching it will be a calculated choice, because it will restrict other fight moves. So now the Rage is completely balanced within the fight system.

Q: How much open world exploration/action will there be?

A: The world outside Konoha is bigger and better than in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja! There's a lot to explore, and many hidden places to discover!

Q: How much time you can spend with the Story mode?

A: The story mode is much longer than Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and quite a decent length. And there are many mini games/side missions that will keep you entertained throughout your journey. As for how long the game itself will take? I'm not sure because I keep playing all the mini games *laughs*, but more than 15 hours for the first play through is my guess (without side missions/mini games).

Q: Will there be any weapons used in the game? Swords? Katanas? Shurikens? Exploding Shurikens? Blades (the ones asuma has)?

A : All characters can use kunai, and many characters fight with weapons (Kisame, Sarutobi, Temari, etc).

Q: Are there any on-water stages or on-wall stages?

A: We don't want to spoil anything just yet. Keep watching for videos and you'll see something soon.

Q: Is there going to be bigger arenas?

A: Some are like Naruto : Rise of a Ninja. Most of them are bigger indeed, and some are just EPIC in size, leaving you plenty of room to dodge and counterattack the opponent.

Q: Will there be more enemies than the same random bandits/ninja that popped up over and over.

A: Compared to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (with about 7 enemy models), there are now over 70 different enemy models.

*Update Oct 7/08*

Q: Will you improve the combat system & add depth to the combats?

A: Of course! We balanced the characters and fine-tuned gameplay elements that the community had given us feedback on, which has enhanced all of the gameplay elements that made ROAN fighting so much fun. The result is a very balanced fighting system that truly shows the meaning of teamwork and skill, as well as hardcore enough for true Hokages to really show what they're made of, on the ground, in the air, or both.

Q: 25 characters is definitely not every character. Assuming you kept the Konoha 12 rookies, their teachers, the sound 4, the sand shinobi, the sanin and Kabuto - that adds up to more than 25.

A: My apologies for the confusion. What I meant by "every character" is that every character playable in the game will be available on the disc instead of from a DLC. We don't want players to have to wait for a DLC; however, some fighters need to be unlocked. Hope that clarifies things.

Q: What makes combat mode different from ROAN?

A: We've made some innovative changes that I think fans will really like: For one, you can air block and air substitute (imagine performing an air substitution countered by your own air combo). You can also air recover (you can manually recover when someone launches you up but doesn't pursue you into the air). We also have a number of real-time Jutsus. For example, Neji's Kaiten Justu is performed in real-time instead of cutting away from the fight. Not to mention we have a true tag-team mode, online and offline. If that wasn't enough, there are tag-team moves, air grabs, air kunai dash and more. We will have plenty of videos available for you on UPLAY.com and narutoxbox360game.com between now and the release of the game.

Q: Will NTBB look even better – if possible – than ROAN?

A: While one would think it couldn't be possible to make it even more stunning than ROAN, we've made some changes that have enhanced visual elements and presentation in The Broken Bond. We had a lot of anime cut-scenes to tell the story in ROAN, this time around we did everything with 3D cut-scenes using our in-game engine. The results provide a more consistent and visually pleasing experience. But telling you about the graphics won't do much. Check out our latest trailer available now!

The team who put the trailer together would also like to say a few words:
    "As Naruto fans, we really hope that you enjoy this game as much as we enjoyed creating this trailer. It was truly made by fans for fans. We tried including a lot of cool elements, and there is so much more to discover. Tell us what you think of the trailer and we hope to see you on the playground soon! ENJOY!

Trailer: http://uplay.us.ubi.com/index.php?video=ikjdegd1

Discuss the trailer here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6/m/2381027096

Q: am I wrong to conclude that the normal grabs have not changed and are the same for nearly every character?

A: There are three grab animations from Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and an added Air Grab new to Naruto: The Broken Bond. No throw escapes/reversals.

Q: Will there be quests outside of the village?

A: Yes. You will get plenty of missions outside of Konoha. In fact, for 1/3 of the game, all the missions are assigned outside the village in various places. Where? Where indeed.....

Q: will there be other villages?

A: It depends on your definition of Village. There is more than one "town", if that is what you are asking. If by village you mean mini-towns with shops, various houses, tons of NPCs and activities, roads and paths, then yes there are quite a few of them. I can't stress how huge the world of Naruto: The Broken Bond is compared to ROAN.

Q: Will there be a Training Mode?

A: Yes! And I am very, very excited about it because its one of our newest, coolest features. There is a "Dojo" mode where you have the option of learning each combo through a tutorial, or train on your own in free-training!

A message from our Fight Game Designer:
    "The lack of a training mode was something that really saddened us in the first Naruto game. This time around, we really put a lot of effort into making a dojo experience fun and efficient for every type of gamer since it has been one of the most requested modes from the Naruto community. We hope the dojo will be a useful tool to everyone and help every Naruto : The Broken Bond player to enjoy our fights more than ever "

*Update Oct 8/08*

Q: can there be a way to have clan battles?

A: Although NTBB does not have clan options, you can invite your friends to your team and play 2 vs 2 online matches.

Q: will there be alt. outfits?

A: There are alternate outfits if the same character is being used on opposite teams. Some characters have more than 2 outfits.

Q: will there be more than one main jutsu per charater and will they be more cool and flashy?

A: Each character will have "at least" one signature Jutsu. Most of them will have" two or more" signature Jutsus that no other character has.

Q: Can you elaborate on this tournament system? Is it a re-make of the Forest of Death (king of the hill style)? Is there a tournament mode that is actually a traditional tournament (a number of people enter, fight each other progressively until the final where one man wins)?

A: Actually... you get BOTH! NTBB has two types of tournament modes, one online and one single or co-op offline. The offline mode is a "traditional ladder" tournament where you can play alone or with a friend (tag-team). You play against AI opponents from Qualifying Match 1, Qualifying Match 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final match.

As for the online tournament "ranked" mode, I'll turn this over to one of our game designers:

"For the new online tournament, we worked on the base that we had from the first game and improved it on several points. We incorporated a Rank and XP system that allow the player to progress online, from a student to Hokage, passing by Genin, Chunin and Jounin.

To pass each rank, the player will have to win an exam. To get the Hokage rank, it's a little trickier: players will have to be in the top player from the King of the tower to earn the Hokage rank!"

Q: What about the side-missions? Will there be a link to the anime's storyline?

A: The game is filled with side-missions that are character-specific and are linked directly to the anime's storyline. Furthermore, there are tons of activities you can do around various towns/villages. There is also plenty of bonus games that will keep you entertained on the side.

Again, the story mode is clocked at 15+ hours of gameplay the first time through, and that's without side-missions, bonus games, and all the other game modes that come with the package. Throw in a 4 player online tag-team, Dojo, offline single or co-op Ladder Tournament, and an Online Ranked Tournament mode ... you've got a huge Naruto experience waiting for you.

Q: can you give us the character list?

A: We will be announcing more characters in the following weeks. Check back for news on the official forums, UPLAY.com and narutoxbox360game.com

Q: Who are the 7 playable characters in the story?

A: Some characters are playable in the action/adventure portion of the game, and some are playable fighters during story mode: Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba, Choji, Jiraiya, Sakura.... wait a second, was that more than 7? Hold on... I think I missed a few too. BELIEVE IT!

Q: are you saying that you GAIN rage mode through dealing damage rather than getting beaten? If so, I believe you have got it right. A person should earn his right to power, not be handed to him for being beaten up.

A: Exactly! A player will EARN their right to power. For example, the player who lands the first attack will get a large boost of tension. Players who block attacks, bust out Full-Level Jutsus, perform Air Combos, if your team-mate is KO'd, etc, will gain tension. You will also gain a little bit of tension if you are being attacked, but not as much in comparison to performing well. Prove yourself worthy.

*Update Oct 17/08*

Q: Can you clarify the Pre-order gift? Is the bonus gift exclusive to pre-orders only?

A: To clarify on the pre-order gift: When you pre-order the game in US from GameStop, you will be able to unlock Demon Fox Naruto as a playable fighter. In UK, you˜ll get access to the same character if you have a Ubi.com account, which you already have since you're posting on this forum. You can also unlock this character in the journey mode. By pre-ordering the game in the US/registering your Ubi.com account in the UK, you can play as Demon Fox Naruto on the first day you pop in the disc.

Q: Can you confirm there will be 30 playable characters in the game?

A: There will be 30 character slots in the VS menu. There are 28 completely different characters, and bonus variations of Naruto and Sasuke.

*Update Oct 29/08*

Q: will there be the original Japanese Voices on the disc when the game is officially released or will it be a DLC like RoaN?

A: Japanese voices will be on the disc.

Q: Is there going to be coin collecting in this awsome sequel?

A: Yes, and you can use them to unlock and upgrade items throughout your journey.

Q: you got a nice haircut

A: That wasn't really a question... but thank you!

Q: When free roaming, how will the villagers react to you now that you earned their respect in the previous game? Will the NPCs be moving so you have to look for them, or will they just stand in one place all day like they have nothing else to do?

A: The dynamics of the NPCs are slightly different than in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. First of all, each NPC is interactive (you can speak to them). Some characters move around while others stay still depending on what they are doing. Depending on the time of day, certain areas will be more populated, and people will be less active at night. There's more than half-a-grand of NPCs scattered throughout the world of Naruto: The Broken Bond, and that doesn't include the characters you fight.

Q: Will kibas dog akamaru be in some of kibas combos or is it jus jutsus?

A: Akamaru will play an important role when using Kiba. You'll see.

Q: Who or what is "Fox Team"?

A: The Fox Team is a collective bunch of die-hard Naruto fans at the Ubisoft Montreal Studios. They are the developers who brought you Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and now The Broken Bond.

Q: Why did u make the festival city playable and not tanzaku town?

A: Tanzaku Town is the name of the Festival City.

Q: can you tell for us, if zabuza and haku from naruto: rise of a ninja will be playble on this game??? and if they will playble, will you improve them ???

A: Yes, I can confirm that Zabuza and Haku are playable in this game. All characters who are returning have been upgraded with our new fighting game mechanics.

Q: For the benefit of a recent discussion, will jutsu make the rage bar at the bottom depelete? If, say, Sasuke had 1 slot filled, and used Sharingan, would it deplete at all? Or would he still have that one slot full? Also, if you have 2 slots full and use a 1st slot jutsu, how will that work? Pretty much, my question is for an elaboration on the Rage Mode Bar at the bottom.

A: No, performing Jutsus will not make the Rage Meter deplete. The Rage Meter has been upgraded for Naruto: The Broken Bond to reward skilled fighters and balance gameplay, as well as optimized for team gameplay. The meter shows the progression of your fighter and is shared by the team. It unlocks the ability to perform Jutsus. However, it does not get depleted when performing Jutsus. Only Chakra (blue meter under the health bar) gets depleted when performing Jutsus. As a result, playing as a team can be a good strategy because some characters can easily augment the rage meter while your friends tag in to perform a powerful Jutsu. If you or your partner activates Rage Mode, the rage meter gets depleted and your team will need to build the meter again.

The Rage Meter is divided into 3 bars. The first bar unlocks the ability to perform real-time Jutsus, such as Sasuke's Sharingan or Neji's Eight Triagrams Palm Rotation. The second bar unlocks the gameplay Jutsu's such as Naruto's Shadow Clone or Kakashi's Raikiri. The last bar gives you two options: activate rage mode, or perform any of the previous Jutsus with an added "charging" ability. You hold the Jutsu button longer to add extra Chakra for a more damaging attack!

Q: Will EVERTHING under the sun have shadows?

A: The dev team is working very hard on insuring the world of Naruto looks beautiful and livelier than ever before. The lighting effects have been vastly improved.

Q: What I want to know about is Tsunade. How is she in this game? Every Naruto game I have played so far portrayed her as a strictly power/slow type forgetting that as a medical ninja, she's quick and able to dodge most attacks. She's supposed to be a mixture of power and speed.

A: Tsunade is possibly in the top-tier of most powerful characters in the game. She's not the speediest fighter, but can easily dodge attacks depending on how skilled you are. One of her major assets is her Mitotic Regeneration Jutsu which is an instant health-regen (compared to Sakura who can heal over-time).

Q: Can the players of TBB just use 2 characters online or is it required to work with someone else?

A: When playing online, each player controls 1 fighter of their choice.

Q: Will this game have original music from the anime like the 1st one?

A: Most definitely! Both Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond have original music from the anime. Some songs from the anime began after Episode 80, which we included in Naruto: The Broken Bond.

Q: Will you be able to run on water automatically?

A: Yes, you will be able to run automatically on water in the story mode, so you will not need to use Chakra Concentration. Since these abilities were learned in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, we did not want to force players to use hand-seals every time they wanted to walk on water or run up walls/trees. As you walk on water, you must tap the X button consistently to keep your balance. This is also the same for running vertically up walls. Another cool technique is jumping off a building then running up a wall of another building.

Q: Will we play as Sasuke during his childhood memories?

A: Sasuke's childhood memories are shown as flashback cut-scenes. However, you will be able to play "inside Sasuke's mind"... you'll know what I mean when you play the game.

Q: will we be able to punch, kick and such outside of fights?

A: You can break items (such as barrels and bins) throughout the journey modes similar to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja.

Q: Is there going to be a playable demo on the marketplace?

A: Yes, there will be free demo on XBOX Live Marketplace, and I am very pleased to announce that the demo is a Prologue that fills the gap between Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and Naruto: The Broken Bond. The first half of the gameplay is an EXCLUSIVE chapter to the demo itself that explains what happens to Naruto and his friends after Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and before Naruto: The Broken Bond. That's right, the first half of the demo is a chapter made specifically for the demo itself! The second half of the demo lets you play part of Naruto: The Broken Bond! Believe it!

Will there be tag team justu?
    Ohh and since I've been hearing true to the anime a lot will this mean that every major fight will be included in this game?, and also how true to the anime is it, does it go as far as even having some important fillers such as the land of tea arc? thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon.

Hello Clarence,

First i have to say finally its good that the NarutoTeam cares about the community here.
    i go to the GamesConvention in Leipzig myself and i hope to find some infos about N:TBB too
    My only Question is:
    Will The Rage Mode have any effects on the characters like change the outfit(Naruto becomes kyuubi),maybe new Jutsus or its like in ROAN wheres only be a short sequence but the character didnt changed?

hope to here from you soon

Is there going to be a demo?

Will there be a day and night in the game with weather effects?

Will Itachi be in the game?

Who are the 7 in story playable characters?

Thanks GOD. Finally someone plead for us.

In the game will appear dead character of the previous story arc? Thanks.

Hi Clarence,

Thank you for taking the time to come in the forums. It shows you guys care and i'm grateful.

Questions:

-Are the character models improved from
    what we saw in the E3 demo?

-Will transforming in the game be different
    than going into rage mode?

-Will the characters fighting style change during transformations?

-How many jutsus are their per character?

Will there be unique grabs for each character?

Will there be a change in the free-roam environment to a much more realistic point? Meaning will it change to night every so often, go into buildings etc.

* When are we going to see New gameplay/ a new trailer or even a Developer Diary ?

* Are Transformations in this game ?

* Will they have any Nightime/weather effects ?

* Will this game have online CO-OP ?

* Will there be a DEMO on xboxlive ?

Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast