Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R.U.S.E. FAQ | Forums

What sort of game is R.U.S.E.?
    R.U.S.E. is a new type of RTS game that focuses heavily on the ability to deceive and mislead the enemy to determine success. A first in a strategy game, R.U.S.E. reinvigorates the genre by using deception to give new-found depth to the game play.

Is there a trailer/teaser available?
    At the official website

When will it be released?
    It is currently set to be released in Winter of '09- TBA 2010. This is, however not certain and is subject to delay.

On what platforms will it be released?
    The first announcements say it will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

It this another Tom Clancy title?
    No this is NOT a Tom Clancy title.

What kind of technology will this game be using
    It's too early too say. However Ubisoft has said that the game will be using the "Iris engine"

Who will be working on this game?
    The game will be developed by Eugen Systems(creators of Act of War) and published by Ubisoft.

What kind of setting will this game be using?
    The game will be set in WWII.

What about singleplayer?
    R.U.S.E. will feature a deep singleplayer campaign that is set in WWII.

What about multiplayer
    The game will feature a "PvAI" and "PvP" skirmish up to 4 vs 4.

Who/what are the factions?
    The Allied factions are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Soviet Union
    <LI> United States of America
    <LI> United Kingdom
    <LI> France[/list]
    The Axis factions are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Nazi Germany/Third Reich
    <LI> Italian Social Republic[/list]

How will resource management be handled?
    You can build supply depots to mine for gold and produce money, but resources can only be transferred around the map by supply lines such as a network of roads. You can take advantage of these bottlenecks to intercept trucks and stop them from reaching your enemy. While much of the structures in R.U.S.E. can be broken, roads cannot, but you can use roadblocks to halt your enemies’ progress. The economy level gives you greater control over resources, but you can also access build menus from any level of the game, and at any point on the map.

What are RUSES?
    Ruses are various cards that give you a special ability on a chosen sector of the battlefield, such as deploying fake tanks and soldiers that appear real to the enemy. Ruses can be used at only one sector of the map at a time, but you can redeploy them as many times as you wish on other areas.

more info will be added as it becomes available.
    _______

|XBL|-|Steam|-|PSN:KZarr_Altair
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What sort of game is R.U.S.E.?
    R.U.S.E. is a new type of RTS game that focuses heavily on the ability to deceive and mislead the enemy to determine success. A first in a strategy game, R.U.S.E. reinvigorates the genre by using deception to give new-found depth to the game play.

Is there a trailer/teaser available?
    At the official website

When will it be released?
    It is currently set to be released in Winter of '09- TBA 2010. This is, however not certain and is subject to delay.

On what platforms will it be released?
    The first announcements say it will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

It this another Tom Clancy title?
    No this is NOT a Tom Clancy title.

What kind of technology will this game be using
    It's too early too say. However Ubisoft has said that the game will be using the "Iris engine"

Who will be working on this game?
    The game will be developed by Eugen Systems(creators of Act of War) and published by Ubisoft.

What kind of setting will this game be using?
    The game will be set in WWII.

What about singleplayer?
    R.U.S.E. will feature a deep singleplayer campaign that is set in WWII.

What about multiplayer
    The game will feature a "PvAI" and "PvP" skirmish up to 4 vs 4.

Who/what are the factions?
    The Allied factions are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Soviet Union
    <LI> United States of America
    <LI> United Kingdom
    <LI> France[/list]
    The Axis factions are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Nazi Germany/Third Reich
    <LI> Italian Social Republic[/list]

How will resource management be handled?
    You can build supply depots to mine for gold and produce money, but resources can only be transferred around the map by supply lines such as a network of roads. You can take advantage of these bottlenecks to intercept trucks and stop them from reaching your enemy. While much of the structures in R.U.S.E. can be broken, roads cannot, but you can use roadblocks to halt your enemies’ progress. The economy level gives you greater control over resources, but you can also access build menus from any level of the game, and at any point on the map.

What are RUSES?
    Ruses are various cards that give you a special ability on a chosen sector of the battlefield, such as deploying fake tanks and soldiers that appear real to the enemy. Ruses can be used at only one sector of the map at a time, but you can redeploy them as many times as you wish on other areas.

more info will be added as it becomes available.
    _______

Where did you get the factions from? No Doubt that is the list as it makes logical sense and that would have been what i would have put down for it, but is there a link?

Also my guess for the 3rd axis one would be the Japanese. As they were the other 3rd Axis Power in the war.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inquisitor_Zeal:
    Where did you get the factions from? No Doubt that is the list as it makes logical sense and that would have been what i would have put down for it, but is there a link?

Also my guess for the 3rd axis one would be the Japanese. As they were the other 3rd Axis Power in the war. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah probably, but i cant find anything on that, yet.

Italian's are mentioned here. Search for pizza and you'll find it
    _______

Haha ok thanks, that was a good article btw.

I think for the date you should put TBA 2010.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aznpwnerp:
    You should also add that the expected release date is Winter of '09(found in GDC Gametrailers Interview). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah I changed it. But there's still a lot of confusion ad gamespy says 2010

But I'll take your word for it.
    BTW: Could you sticky this thread before the masses start raiding the forums with their questions.
    _______

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:

BTW: Could you sticky this thread before the masses start raiding the forums with their questions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said in the other thread, I would but can't. If you look at the top no moderators are listed(probably because the forum just opened today), so I cant.

I dont know if you want to add this or not, but according to the interviews and such there is going to be some form of resource management. And according to the IGN preview, it says:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However, the game's resource system is built around the idea of trucks, and trucks can only move on roads. Suddenly, roads become incredibly valuable lines of communication, and capturing and holding strategic crossroads could have a huge impact on the battle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one other game to put on my wishlist
    ----------------------------
    -HAWX forum clownster and Minister of Defence and Pie-
    :vhap: :vhap: :vhap: :vhap: :vhap:
    ~“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”~General George S. Patton
    ~"I'm sending all of you straight to hell!"~Lt Marcus "S

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast