Thread: Asking for Original Disk on startup. But i have it in. | Forums

I was playing one of the campaigns and saved my game to go get some lunch. When i came back and started the game back up it came up with a error message after i clicked on the desktop icon saying "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See http://www.securom.com/no_orig_found for more details."

I went to the site it listed and it recommended i make sure i have my drives set to "Use DMA if Availale" which they were already set to. I have not had a problem at all until now and the game disk is the same one ive been using since i got the super collectors edition in the mail. I checked to make sure the disk wasnt dirty or scratched and it is not at all.

Any other ideas?

I was playing one of the campaigns and saved my game to go get some lunch. When i came back and started the game back up it came up with a error message after i clicked on the desktop icon saying "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See http://www.securom.com/no_orig_found for more details."

I went to the site it listed and it recommended i make sure i have my drives set to "Use DMA if Availale" which they were already set to. I have not had a problem at all until now and the game disk is the same one ive been using since i got the super collectors edition in the mail. I checked to make sure the disk wasnt dirty or scratched and it is not at all.

Any other ideas?

Uninstall any kind of emulation programs and make sure no anti-viruses are blocking the securom protection.
    Emulation programs: d-tools, alcohool, Image drive (from nero not the whole nero), curerom etc.
    Anything that can create a emulation or a cd-drive.

This is ridiculous. I've been running this game for a week and now it wants to give me this stupid error? I'm supposed to troubleshoot some developers crappy solution to copy protection on my machine?? unreal_az could you please elaborate on your proposed workaround?

I ran into the same error.
    I don't run any emulation software at all. I filed a case with securom and ubisoft. The ubisoft tech sent me a different homm5.exe file to use. Works fine now.
    I recommend opening a support case, since the file doesn't seem to be available anywhere else for download

I too have gotten this error after installing. "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See http://www.securom.com/no_orig_found for more details." I have no emulation programs, or AV (no net connection so not worried atm) I do however have a partition on my hard drive in which the program is installed on and am curious as to whether that is the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

If you installed HoMM V from the retail disc, just fully patch the game to 1.6, after that, the disk isn't needed.

Ok!, so i got alllll the patches downloaded and installed and finally got the disc to read.It came up with the menu "play, uninstall, install direct x, etc)pressed play and i was immediately shot down when it gave me another error message that i couldn't read because it wouldn't let me click the box... Frustrating... i can think of nothing else to get this to work plz help!!! =(