Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

What engine is this going to run on? An evolution of the last (Dunia) or something else?

Reason I ask is one of the early, early, early rumors about FC3 (like more than a year ago) was that it would use the COD engine. Please, please tell me it will NOT use the crappy arcade-like COD engine. Dunia is still so far advanced over the current COD engine it's not even funny. Semi-destuctible environment, fire, etc. I can't take another COD multiplayer game.

Oh and BTW, thanks for making my day with this announcement!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What engine is this going to run on? An evolution of the last (Dunia) or something else?

Reason I ask is one of the early, early, early rumors about FC3 (like more than a year ago) was that it would use the COD engine. Please, please tell me it will NOT use the crappy arcade-like COD engine. Dunia is still so far advanced over the current COD engine it's not even funny. Semi-destuctible environment, fire, etc. I can't take another COD multiplayer game.

Oh and BTW, thanks for making my day with this announcement!

COD has an engine!?
    anyway, it's an updated Dunia engine
    there should be the spreading of fire and semi-destructible environment. Yes

"...show them what a messy horrible thing it is to kill a man, and then show them that you relish in it. Shoot to wound, and then execute the wounded, burn them, take them in close combat. Destroy their preconceptions of what a man is and become their personal monster."

The Jackal

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"
    lol. Buying the latest COD release and expecting it to be better than the last.

I saw the video of the Ubisoft Press Conference at E3, and it looks incredible. Not sure if I can post the link here, or not, but I found it at http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3

Seeing this environment with the Dunia engine will be..
    Interesting.
    --------------
    Don't read this.
    Oh, you read it..how unfortunate. Someone will be arriving at your door soon. I fervently recommend that you walk up to it cautiously, as anybody who happens to read the above sentence (which I graciously told you no

I believe its a heavily modified version of Dunia.

why Ubi should use COD's when their own engine Dunia looks much better than COD's ?

I'm comparing screen shots from all 3 FC games, and the clarity - light - shadow, the way the sun glistens off metal looks far more real in FC2 - so far, screenshots from FC3 look like better versions of FC 1 - Can UBI post some more diverse shots of scenery and metal in light and shade?

If they are using a different engine - that might be an experiment gone wrong - like Windows 7 vs Vista vs XP vs ME .... just saying. I hope there's no disappointment here.
    All in a days work.

Far Cry 3 will use the same Dunia engine, which is a heavily modified version of CryEngine 2.

The engine will be optimized better this time around, and I think we are seeing those results already.

Look at the video and pics, and you will recognize many of the same brushes from FC2.
    No Browser/Lobby = No FC4

Join the Battlemap group here at Ubisoft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast