Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane ''end patrol' bug | Forums

I was moved to Brisbane and set sail for the Caroline Islands to patrol, I completed all mission objectives & retured to my home port Brisbane with the slanted anchor but when I get there I only get the Refit or Postpone options no End Patrol, which has stop my war!!!! Can anyone help?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I was moved to Brisbane and set sail for the Caroline Islands to patrol, I completed all mission objectives & retured to my home port Brisbane with the slanted anchor but when I get there I only get the Refit or Postpone options no End Patrol, which has stop my war!!!! Can anyone help?

Hello Bootneck07,
    Did you mission objective icon turn gray.
    From reading your post you are at the right port with the slanted anchor.

You may want to look at the SH4 Guide and see if any information in the guide will help you to.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

I would caution that erroneous skipper actions are not bugs. When you throw the word "bug" around casually you reveal that you expect the game to conform to you rather than you learning the game.

No game will ever work that way. This particular issue is not a bug at all.

O'Kane Technique & Fast-90 Tutorial, [URL=http://www.subsim.

It sure looks like a bug, tastes like one...yep, it's a bug.

I was ordered to patrol solomon islands, got the message to sink enemy merchant ships, was sinking like a mad-captain and got the message that objective completed "continue patroling another area or return to base".

Here the problem manifests itself...can't return to my base. Brisbane is my starting point, no message that my base was changed on me. I can refit but cannot end patrol. I might try heading to Pearl Harbor but that just wouldn't be right...unless there is a bug here!

I sure hope that isn't what happened in WWII, not letting skippers return to base after a lengthy and bloody patrol!@

I'd be happy to hear what I'm doing wrong, but I'm putting all my chips in the "it's a bug" square. I'm "all in". Rockin Robbin, try being helpful instead of, well, it's another name for a donkey.

Several times in the game your base gets moved. It is pretty easy to miss a message when it comes in if you're busy at the time. Zoom out on the nav map and check out all the anchors, denoting ports where you can refit and refuel. Your new home base is the tilted anchor.

I repeat my earlier plea. When you call bug, you are calling a programming error. Most called bugs are nothing of the kind. There are enough real ones that we don't need to muddy the waters with imaginary ones.

Try calling "problem" instead of "bug" when things don't go your way. "Bug" means "this stupid game doesn't work." "Problem" means the responsibility could be yours or the game's. If we find it's legitimate, together we'll all go 1...2...3.....BUG!!!!!!!

If that's being an *** then I proudly claim the name. It comes with the territory. I think the name also belongs to those who call "bug," blaming the game when they've done something wrong themselves. It certainly belongs to those who would call others one. Wonder if the developers, who worked so hard on their game, might agree with me instead of you?

Play nicely gentlemen.

@ Turbohawk - Let's get the game play experience explained / resolved without resorting to name calling.

'A word to the wise ain't necessary.
    It's the stupid ones that need the advice' - Bill Cosby

Let's just take one instance in the war. When Cavite was overrun in December 1941, suddenly all its submarines had nowhere to go but.....Australia! All the subs at sea suddenly had to add hundreds of unplanned miles to reach safe harbor to refit.

Just a single example of what you call a bug. I suppose the war was bugged. We certainly bugged the Japanese to win the Battle of Midway. Some of the confirmed bugs on New Guinea are as big as birds. And as you see above, when the Japanese hit the Philippines, we had to bug out to Australia.

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
    @ Turbohawk - Let's get the game play experience explained / resolved without resorting to name calling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is no way to give a good first impression. You will find our Forum very helpful and friendly.

Anyhow Turbohawk, Welcome to Ubi.

Tudds

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bootneck07:
    I was moved to Brisbane and set sail for the Caroline Islands to patrol, I completed all mission objectives & retured to my home port Brisbane with the slanted anchor but when I get there I only get the Refit or Postpone options no End Patrol, which has stop my war!!!! Can anyone help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A similar thing happened to me. When I changed subs they started me at Brisbane, but at the end of my patrol that was no longer my home base. My anchorage had moved to the Perth/Fremantle base. Inconvenient, but not game ending. I too missed the notification - if there was one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast