Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Thank You note to the Animation dept. at Ubi | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jusr remembered I love watching the headshot animations in Conviction. The bodies fall so realistically </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are fun. I think there are few games which make Headshots so satisfying...Conviction is one of them.
    The death animations and the way the dead bodies fall is pretty well done IMO. The poses all look natural..like a hybrid between pre-baked animations and a ragdoll system.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I, too, enjoy the way the NPCs take bullets to the head.. It's that quick *snap* back they do.. What I don't like - And what I know will be addressed in SC6 is that Havok no longer recognizes the bodies after they're killed..

You can't shoot them, and explosions don't affect them, (But don't get me started on explosions - It's the principle of it)..

Moving bodies!
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.
    Check out the Splinter Cell 7 idea thread - OPSAT SMI Interface - Explored.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's that quick *snap* back they do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sgt_brent:
    And what I know will be addressed in SC6 is that Havok no longer recognizes the bodies after they're killed..

You can't shoot them, and explosions don't affect them, (But don't get me started on explosions - It's the principle of it)..

Moving bodies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Havok recognizes the bodies for a short amount of time. Kill a guard and jump on them (fall from a ledge or something) on the body. They will make some weird moves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:
    Havok recognizes the bodies for a short amount of time. Kill a guard and jump on them (fall from a ledge or something on the body. They will make some weird moves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what I mean, Andre....
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sgt_brent:
    You know what I mean, Andre.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I know, I know, I just thought it would be funny mention that.

Yes, I know..

But I hope to have more dead-or-unconcious body manipulation in SC6.. Moving bodies will be there - Can almost guarantee it, right?

I'm a little curious as to HOW they will do it.. Probably in a way to make Sam look like Hercules, by one-arming an limp, adult male body..

Not that carrying a full grown man, and walking in a crouched position is too simple, either - (a la past games).. I wouldn't mind something like dragging bodies.. But we need to be able to position the bodies, too..

Am I making sense?
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

Am I making sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes you are, and I share your concern.
    I would like to see the ability to hide bodies. Not just move.
    For example, stash a corps in a garbage bin, or in the back of a car. Get them completely out of sight. The old stick'em in a dark corner isn't always the answer, let-a-lone the smart thing to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazz_117:
    Yes you are, and I share your concern.
    I would like to see the ability to hide bodies. Not just move.
    For example, stash a corps in a garbage bin, or in the back of a car. Get them completely out of sight. The old stick'em in a dark corner isn't always the answer, let-a-lone the smart thing to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call! Like Hitman.. I never thought about that sort of "hiding bodies" thing in a Splinter Cell game..

But I think back to past games - The way those environments were designed.. Dark shadows, janitor closets, behind desks - That stuff worked excellent..

Does this mean new maps are going to be full of randomly placed garbage bins or car trunks?

It would have to be thought through very carefully.. I tend to think stashing a body in an un-used room, and flicking the light off, feels cooler than throwing it in a garbage bin..

Maybe it's just me and my old school sense of Splinter Cell talking again..
    AKA VeritcalSpeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jusr remembered I love watching the headshot animations in Conviction. The bodies fall so realistically </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are fun. I think there are few games which make Headshots so satisfying...Conviction is one of them.
    The death animations and the way the dead bodies fall is pretty well done IMO. The poses all look natural..like a hybrid between pre-baked animations and a ragdoll system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like it when you M&E: the slight delay between their death and the collapse makes all the bodies fall together.
    Like a wave of death just inhabited the area.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast