The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

the game stops right after the video intro

my dxdiag info is:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/18/2008, 12:26:44
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    System Model: Satellite A305
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4086MB RAM
    Page File: 2740MB used, 5610MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_FF1C1179&REV_03
    Display Memory: 358 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 358 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1329 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/13/2007 23:27:18, 3637760 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-F877-16DFA2C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x2A02
    SubSys ID: 0xFF1C1179
    Revision ID: 0x0003
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_B
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

the game stops right after the video intro

my dxdiag info is:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/18/2008, 12:26:44
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    System Model: Satellite A305
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4086MB RAM
    Page File: 2740MB used, 5610MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_FF1C1179&REV_03
    Display Memory: 358 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 358 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1329 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/13/2007 23:27:18, 3637760 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-F877-16DFA2C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x2A02
    SubSys ID: 0xFF1C1179
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_B

So? That's to be expected on a dramatically underspec system, your laptop with merely Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset is.

The game's system requirements again:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

<STRIKE>EDIT: Oh, you're probably going to blame Ubisoft for making a game that won't run on your computer. I mean, obviously, it CAN'T be your fault, huh? "But other games run on my computer, that must mean Assassin's Creed is just a [[REMOVED]] game!" GROW A [[REMOVED]] BRAIN. Go take PHIL 100/101, you'll learn all about logical fallicies and what comprises most of the American population and their thinking.
    </STRIKE>
    doctorzero, did you even check BEFORE you bought the game that your computer could run it?

When you bought your car, didn't you check your credit score BEFORE you went to the car dealer? If you didn't, you probably paid an overpriced cost for your car.

Ever heard of making SMART investments? You don't THROW MONEY AWAY unless you're sure that it's smart.

You in debt? I won't be surprised. Or maybe you're filthy rich that this money doesn't matter. In any case, you made a lousy investment here.

Lesson: Research, THEN buy.
    -+-+_
    [b][Color:green][*] written by SCE_Soultear[*]Even for a flop on pc i got to admit that the vision of the artist(s) for Vegas is beyond speech. What i am seeing in game now is by far the best i have seen in any other game for realism. (cod

I think it's time someone tells you to shut up, neil. The OP hasn't replied yet you put words in his mouth and put up a condescending "lesson", are aggressive, insulting and arrogant. You are doing this for weeks now but this time getting really over the top. And don't circumvent the censoring system. If you want to contribute to a nice and helpful forum, that's not the way.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

Buying a game for a computer that CLEARLY doesn't even meet MINIMUM requirements [let alone recommended] tells you something about the person. You can argue all you want that "well maybe that person just made an honest mistake" or "well maybe the person just doesn't know about computers", in any case, both are extremities of logic.

Buying a game for a computer that doesn't support it DOES tell me something the person. And I've elaborated this in my earlier post so I'm not going to say it again.

As you wish, I'll get rid of the filler words, but frankly, I don't understand why you play diplomat all the time; this instance just doesn't call for it.
    -+-+_
    [b][Color:green][*] written by SCE_Soultear[*]Even for a flop on pc i got to admit that the vision of the artist(s) for Vegas is beyond speech. What i am seeing in game now is by far the best i have seen in any other game for realism. (cod

neil actualy alot of people buy online now and most online retailers dont give you the spec needed to run the games.

so no matter what you say there are times when people dont see the requirement. hell I buy loads of PC games without the sites showing the spec but then I know it is very unlikly I will find something that wont run.

but realy you do need to give people a break you start complaining at first chance. the fact is if you want to help people saying they are all a bunch of idiots helps no body and just makes your self look stuck up and unable to understand that some people cant understand computer stuff as easy.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

It's a matter of BLATANT COMMON SENSE (and a bit of finance). Yes, it pertains to understanding a bit about computers, but that could be done in MINUTES by doing simple research. The Internet is highly expansive and contains knowledge for just about everything.

Maybe you don't check system requirements of games before buying them, and perhaps you don't HAVE TO. But there are others who seem to buy things, not researching ahead of time, and then complaining or simply being disappointed at the thing they bought. In either case, complaining or disappointment, it's a fault on the consumer's end.

In retail research, I saw (and continue to see) people walk into stores and buy things... EXCESSIVELY. Things they wanted. Things they saw ads for. Things they DIDN'T NEED. Things that, because it had a "sale tag" they simply HAD TO HAVE IT.

Hell, most of these people were surprised when they reached the checkout and were like, "Wow, that thing was ____ dollars?"

"Yes, that's what the sign said."

"Oh, well I didn't even look at the sign."

Me: "Why's that?"

"I just grab things."

And the sad thing is, here on the Internet, it's the same bloody thing. How else was this thread created? It was created because the OP didn't do his research and now is wondering why the game won't run on his computer.

There's no one to blame but himself. He grabbed something without doing the research.

Yes, I'm harsh in my words, but harsh is EXTREMELY relative. The lesson to be gained here is FAR beyond the simplicity of words. As Altair said, "Stop hiding behind words." I throw words to inspire, not to awe obviously. People DESERVE to know, and the quickest way is generally the harshest.

Now that's where BF Skinner and John B Watson come into the picture. Without turning this post into a psychology 101 lecture, let me just say this: harsh still prevails. And if you don't believe me, look around you. There's still violence, hate, and... STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE.

Call me ignorant "in another sense", but now you're just playing the relative-game.
    -+-+_

Neil, calm down before you post, type out a post by all means, but before you hit the "Post Now" button, pause, go make a snack or a drink, play Solitaire while you drink your coffee.

When you've had a break, look at the post again and think "do I really want to post this" you may find you don't really want to, or you may decide to modify your post content.

If you keep on with the way you've been heading lately, you'll lose a lot of respect that people may have for you, as well as running the risk of being perhaps the unwanted target of moderation.

Don't make me have to be the one that forces you to behave in a more circumspect manner, just chill out a bit.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

You are very quick to judge people and behaviour, Neil. I'm not saying that there aren't some people that don't do proper research when buying products or don't behave in the manner you describe and I'm also not saying that you don't have a point with some of the things that you state, however the manner in which you constantly address people that ask for help in this forum is uncalled for. If someone would address you in the same way regarding a subject that you don't have a lot of knowledge about, simply because that subject didn't interest you enough or you didn't have time to do all the proper research on it, I don't think you would appreciate it. The same thing applies to your constantly pointing out in this harsh manner people's mistakes or oversights.

Yes, everything is relative and what might appear as common sense or as a simple and obvious thing for you, might not necessarily mean the same thing to someone else. It doesn't matter what that "thing" is, whether it is internet research, computer knowledge, etc.

We all know that we live in an era of consumerism - marketing strategies,products, shelf placement, sign placement,everything is made in such a way as to induce more and more consumption. Everyone is targeted and everyone buys at some point in their life things that they don't need or things that are not what they expected, simply because maybe they didn't have the time to research them. For some people it might even be a behaviour pattern or problem that they can't control and that is exploited at maximum by our consumer culture.

There is one thing to be harsh in order to help (when other methods won't work) and there is a whole other thing to be aggressive, insulting and condescending, as your fellow forum members have already stated above in referring to the manner in which you address people here.

People tend to be a lot more receptive to helpful suggestions and advices when those are given to them without prejudice and without this added aggressive 'bonus' of screaming in their face that they are ignorant or stupid.

If you wish to help forum members, then please do so from now on without insulting them in the process. Otherwise,please refrain from posting in the manner you did these past days again.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast