Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Ghost Recon has to "find its place" in a "post-CoD world" - Ubisoft | Forums

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,152
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeanMF:
    Epic stole your idea (sort of)...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Epic are smart. Maybe I should ask them for a job lol.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #22
    "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier "fits the market expectations of gamers these days" but is nonetheless "more true to Ghost Recon than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, in terms of who the Ghosts are and what they do", UK brand manager Matt Benson has told OXM."

    This is funny. Wait till Battlefield 3 obliterates the market with their sales. I'm looking forward to big maps in BF3, not these congested maps with ridiculous choke points like COD/GRFS will most likely have. I hope Ubisoft proves me wrong, and we at least get a taste of some old school Ghost Recon gameplay. I'm just highly doubtful at this point.

    I just miss the old days of Recon when we had some big *** maps, but I understand Ubisoft is salivating over the sales previous COD games have made. Ghost Recon used to be in a class of it's own, now it seeks to do what the other games do.
    Kontract Killaz
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,152
    Imitating someone else flatters that person and demeans yourself.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #24
    A new challenger appears...And it's due out right around the same time as GRFS.
    http://www.eseanews.com/index....s&d=comments&id=9969

    And in this case, they know exactly where their place is in the market and they're looking to take full advantage of it. At the same time they're expanding and improving the core of what made the game so successful in the first place. And they're inviting fans to help in the creative process.

    Ubisoft should leave the chest-high walls to Gears of War, the tiny chokepoint-filled maps to COD, and the cloak to Harry Potter. Instead they should imitate Valve's market sense and fanbase interaction and make a real, updated GR game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    615
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeanMF:
    Ubisoft should leave the chest-high walls to Gears of War, the tiny chokepoint-filled maps to COD, and the cloak to Harry Potter. Instead they should imitate Valve's market sense and fanbase interaction and make a real, updated GR game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Dude... That would make SENSE. They can't DO that, it is apparently against their corporate policy now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #26
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeanMF:
    A new challenger appears...And it's due out right around the same time as GRFS.
    http://www.eseanews.com/index....s&d=comments&id=9969

    And in this case, they know exactly where their place is in the market and they're looking to take full advantage of it. At the same time they're expanding and improving the core of what made the game so successful in the first place. And they're inviting fans to help in the creative process.

    Ubisoft should leave the chest-high walls to Gears of War, the tiny chokepoint-filled maps to COD, and the cloak to Harry Potter. Instead they should imitate Valve's market sense and fanbase interaction and make a real, updated GR game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As much as I knew that someone on this forum would use that game as an excuse to pick at GR, I will still respond to it. I would still choose GR over CS just because FS is still more tactical than CS. I mean don't get me wrong, I liked all of the CS games, but it turned into the a COD sense really quickly. People only ever used 2 guns, noobs populated many teams, and many just spammed grenades and mines all over the place.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #27
    Senior Member Dirtymurph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,197
    You just described every online shooter.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #28
    @Dirty

    Then why are you guys giving FS so much slack for adding "noobish cloaks" when every shooter is a noobfest?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #29
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin-x:
    Then why are you guys giving FS so much slack for adding "noobish cloaks" when every shooter is a noobfest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Because GR didn't used to be a noobfest. It used to be a game for people who wanted to play a game that made them think instead of having enemies pointed out to you and highlighted with big red boxes. You used to have to be aware of your surroundings and move carefully if you wanted to remain hidden, not activate the magic invisibility fairies and the big red box jammer gizmo. They're desperate for the "casual" market, and the casual player is exactly the kind of person you're complaining about when playing Counter-Strike.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #30
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
    Imitating someone else flatters that person and demeans yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    This is very true. Well said.


    _____________________________________

    GT: Frenchy NZ

    GRFS MLG Gamebattles Clan: Natural Talent

    _____________________________________

    Add my GT to play with me on the Multiplayer Beta.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •