Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chessmaster XII | Forums

Hi.

Just wondering is Chessmaster 12 on the way? Chessmaster XI is nowhere to be found any more and I'm in need of a new Chess program for my PC.

Thanks.

Paul.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi.

Just wondering is Chessmaster 12 on the way? Chessmaster XI is nowhere to be found any more and I'm in need of a new Chess program for my PC.

Thanks.

Paul.

No word yet on when another version of Chessmaster will be released... I'm sure you could purchase on the internet (although shipping & handling might be a bit high).

Unfortunately, purchasing a download from Ubisoft's Digital store is limited to North America only.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep an eye out for any news of Chessmaster XII.

Chessmaster 11 is available for digital download off of Steam if you're worried about shipping charges. It goes for $20 I think.

Actually, others have mentioned problems with Steam... there were several issues downloading updates; which means that bug fixes, enhancements, and Online Play are unavailable.

Not only that, if your internet connection goes down, any item downloaded from Steam will be unavailable, as Steam performs online validation when the game is started.

I payed even less. ChessMaster XI in Eastern Europe can reach as low as 16 euros. Since it is not considered a "hardcore" game, it sits on the shelf and collects dust, I got it even cheaper than 20$.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KHollister:
    Actually, others have mentioned problems with Steam... there were several issues downloading updates; which means that bug fixes, enhancements, and Online Play are unavailable.

Not only that, if your internet connection goes down, any item downloaded from Steam will be unavailable, as Steam performs online validation when the game is started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the problems with Steam are caused because it runs games in a shell rather than from the normal configuration. Games downloaded from Steam are installed into C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common (or the name of your computer)\ (name of your game). If you have Vista 64 bit version, the first folder in the chain will be "Program files (x86)" rather than simply Program files.Games purchased on CD or DVD however usually install into c:\Program files\ Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\ (for example).
    As long as you install your patches into the correct folder in which the game files have been installed you should have no problem.
    Steam also has an "Off-line" setting, which if selected, will allow you to play your games whether you have an active internet connection or not. This is especially handy in the case of laptops where you may not always have internet access available. Hope this information helps because Steam often is a very handy and economical way of acquiring games.

Did Chessmaster series ends with version 11?

It would be a great loss...

@ PKB2006 Just wondering what your general location is because I'm in Ontario Canada and I noticed the dvd version @ a discount store called Giant Tiger. (Sutton Ontario) if it helps....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast