Thread: Probably a simple fix | Forums

I have SCPT and i have been playing it forever with 1.1. i replaced my punkbuster files and deleted the annoying menu thing. i tried to install the 1.2 patch, but i get an error saying "could not retrieve installation folder! installation will abort". i figure its my edited game stuff, so i uninstall pt completely and install it again. new fresh install. once the install ends, i open up the patch. same error! why can't u receive the installation folder?

i tried moving the patch to the C:\program files\ubisoft\ directory and opening it up there (maybe it was looking for a folder in the directory it was in). no go.

i tried putting it in C:\program files\ubisfot\splinter cell pandora tomorrow\ directory and same result, same error. anybody wanna help? prolly a simple fix to this!

PC gamer tag: Bonds.PPk

I have SCPT and i have been playing it forever with 1.1. i replaced my punkbuster files and deleted the annoying menu thing. i tried to install the 1.2 patch, but i get an error saying "could not retrieve installation folder! installation will abort". i figure its my edited game stuff, so i uninstall pt completely and install it again. new fresh install. once the install ends, i open up the patch. same error! why can't u receive the installation folder?

i tried moving the patch to the C:\program files\ubisoft\ directory and opening it up there (maybe it was looking for a folder in the directory it was in). no go.

i tried putting it in C:\program files\ubisfot\splinter cell pandora tomorrow\ directory and same result, same error. anybody wanna help? prolly a simple fix to this!

btw, i tried downloading it from different places. still no go

Uuuh, there is no 1.2 patch for Pandora Tomorrow yet. You are trying to install the original Splinter Cell 1.2 patch. Stop that.

Thamar

wow. no wonder im blonde